Is this the end of live Impacts?

jccool420

JC CooL 420
I was actually really disappointed to hear that TNA is moving back to Thursdays... Hopefully ratings will go up and they will move back once the fan base is bigger...

The real bad new though is... Will this be the end of Live shows? I really hope they film live on Thursday... The show is usually a lot better live and it has the anything can happen vibe...

Actually I think going back to taped shows is the best idea for them. This way they can study the show for a few days and edit the hell out of it. Especially all the Hogan segments which is like 90% right now.

Actually I think going back to taped shows is the best idea for them. This way they can study the show for a few days and edit the hell out of it. Especially all the Hogan segments which is like 90% right now.

There taped shows are awful compared to the live ones. Whenever I read the spoilers I am like Blah this doesn't even excite me and I pass on watching it.

From what I've been reading so far, there are currently no plans to do live episodes of TNA iMPACT! at anytime in the near future. Now, of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm sure Dixie Carter could make a few phone calls, talk to the brass at Spike and find out exactly what's what within 10 minutes. Now that I actually think about it, it's possible that's already happened. As of right now, TNA iMPACT! will go back to being taped exclusively.

TNA will NEVER succeed...mark my words!! their terrible...come on for at that pointless 20 min brawl! really! .....Mr.Anderson beats up and mocks pope.......whose he fueding with, JEFF HARDY...they make no damn sense and whether their going head to head with RAW or head to head with Fresh Prince re-runs.they will die a slow painful death....then WWE will signed them all....and make them jokes!!! have samoa joe feud with Hornswogle. AJ be a jobber on NXT..better yet superstars, its a sad truth...UNLESS TNA steps up and actually does something good! and i dont mean keep signing former wwe stars...there was NEVER a lack of talent just terrible! booking and everything else lol ....should they go live? yes, they need to in order to compete but at the same time they cant make mistakes on Live tv as theyve done a few times before...stupid lil mistakes that wwe would never make

Martinez, WWE makes mistakes live all the time. They botch moves constantly and end up screwing up at least once an hour. It doesn't seem logical to you that some one can have more than one feud? Some one can only hate/be hated by one person at a time? Get out of gated community once in a while. The ''pointless 20 min brawl'' was better than hearing batista bitch and complain for 20 minutes, at least TNA showed action.

As for Impact going live, yeah it's better because you see how successful some of the wrestlers can fix a botch (Samoa Joe's Buster monday night was great) and stuff like that, but in all honesty I can't tell the difference between the live and taped shows. I don't watch the spoilers because I posses this thing called discipline. If you'd rather read what happened, that's you. I prefer watching it

From what I've been reading so far, there are currently no plans to do live episodes of TNA iMPACT! at anytime in the near future. Now, of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I'm sure Dixie Carter could make a few phone calls, talk to the brass at Spike and find out exactly what's what within 10 minutes. Now that I actually think about it, it's possible that's already happened. As of right now, TNA iMPACT! will go back to being taped exclusively.

But does it really matter? Ever since going to Monday Nights, TNA has been retrogressing, what's the difference if they move back to Thursday. In my opinion, I think it was a foolish descision to go to Monday Nights in the first place, they stacked up everything they could, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Hogan, yet they still couldn't get a rating past 1.5. I think TNA should've competed with SD and then made their way to RAW, they could barely even beat ECW with those ratings! Hell, since they're moving back to Thursdays, they mine as well switch back to the 6-sided ring.

I was actually really disappointed to hear that TNA is moving back to Thursdays... Hopefully ratings will go up and they will move back once the fan base is bigger...

The real bad new though is... Will this be the end of Live shows? I really hope they film live on Thursday... The show is usually a lot better live and it has the anything can happen vibe...

You and me both, as much as people were saying there is no Monday night war bla bla bla, I liked that the two were going head to head even if they weren't competition to WWE. I wanted them to be competition, I wanted there to desperately be a Monday night war. I never got to watch the first one (but believe me I have read and read and watched endless DVDs and Youtube videos and I know plenty) and I was exited to have the chance to watch one as it happened. It was very optimistic but I was holding out that one day they might become competition. But will we ever see them go back to Mondays and challenge Raw? Will there ever be another Monday Night War? We need it to happen to be honest, because back last time when WWE was family friendly, what happened to turn them to the Attitude era? WCW beating their asses and thats why we need TNA to do well

Martinez, WWE makes mistakes live all the time. They botch moves constantly and end up screwing up at least once an hour. It doesn't seem logical to you that some one can have more than one feud? Some one can only hate/be hated by one person at a time? Get out of gated community once in a while. The ''pointless 20 min brawl'' was better than hearing batista bitch and complain for 20 minutes, at least TNA showed action.
The "action" you speak of is Hogan stumbling down the ramp and hitting the same block-punch/punch combo to take out every single person. Way to get the younger guys over.

As for Impact going live, yeah it's better because you see how successful some of the wrestlers can fix a botch (Samoa Joe's Buster monday night was great) and stuff like that, but in all honesty I can't tell the difference between the live and taped shows. I don't watch the spoilers because I posses this thing called discipline. If you'd rather read what happened, that's you. I prefer watching it
I'll agree with you here, but it's just so tempting to read them and see if you're wasting your time or not. This is only hurting TNA, especially because they have a proportionally larger internet audience.

For instance, last night's impact only had 1 thing worth seeing, and that was Black Machismo doing Ric Flair. For all the build they gave this new ranking system, the could've given us a much better/longer match than they did.

Martinez, WWE makes mistakes live all the time. They botch moves constantly and end up screwing up at least once an hour. It doesn't seem logical to you that some one can have more than one feud? Some one can only hate/be hated by one person at a time? Get out of gated community once in a while. The ''pointless 20 min brawl'' was better than hearing batista bitch and complain for 20 minutes, at least TNA showed action

really:lmao: BASTIA DIDNT bitch and complain for 20 minutes and least the WWE had a WRESTLING MATCH in the first 20 minutes instead of a POINTLESS 20 minute brawl and then 20 minutes of promos. WWE had about 3 or 4 MATCHES before TNA had one so do your research before you talk shit Total Nonstop Action more like Total Nonstop Hogan and Promos

Raw lately has sucked. The week after the draft, all these new guys and it takes them 45 minutes to get a match going. At least in TNA there was action right off the bat. If TNA were on a different channel and had the money to travel all over the country they could compete. I personally have thought TNA has been putting on a better show for weeks now.

Your joking right...WWE had 20 minutes of talking a 5 minute Batista match, and then more talking. They did not have 3-4 matches before TNA had one. LOL.

Well, after reading all your bitchen and complaining, man cant some of you guys just "Shut the Hell up?" TNA is not WWE so stop fucking expecting it to be, so what if they (Hogan and Bischoff) drove WCW into the ground, Vince bought it and ran with there lusy talent and made stars out of some, while other went to NWA which became TNA. So what it all boils down to is this, stop crying about it, i dont see anyone ever bashing vince for driving that XFL into the ground? Stop comaring the two feds. They both rock and suck on every occausion. If you "New Generation" fans expect to see the attitude era live forever, do me a favor and..... Im not going to finish that but you can all enter what you will in the balnk. Look, think about it, what is TNA doing that is so worng? Besides the booking? They have the talent, stop acting like wrestling is your life, and if it is, thats just sad. Unless you get paid to write, wrestle or produce a show, you are just a fan and need to remember that. What you expect doesnt matter, if you want to make a change, go to school, get a degree and get into "Them" mode, you know the guys that WRITE THE SCRIPT. Botched moves, who botches moves. You dont hear in UFC, that was a botched punch, if they get hrt... ITS WRESTLING, if they screw up a move..... ITS WRESTLING. Why not look at it like this, are you RVD? Samoa Joe? AJ Styles? No one on the site is them, so give them a break, how many times has Joe screwed up a M.B? I dont know or care, but lets just break that down for a second. Joe is holding a guy above his shoulder on there neck... mmmmm did he drop him, no did he hurt him durning the move no.... It looked funny but Joe instead of fucking the move all up he used his stregth and got Kendrick back into the correct position. For all you fans that critize any fed, all you are is WWE lackies, you should enjoy and embrace every fed from the Defunct, XPW, ECW, WCW all the way tot he WWE, AAA, TNA New Japan.... If your a fan your a fan if you compain your just a piece of sh.......

hey im completly with you on multiple ppl hating the same guy...now if TNA followed thru with that and had a Kennedy,Hardy,Pope, 3 way fued that would be great...but with TNA's track record of just randomness, that wont happen, i.e RVD and Sting never really came to fruitation, a pointless attack in his debut is all that ended up being...because they never followed thru....and when i mean mistakes i dont mean wrestling botches i mean from a production standpoint...their is atleast one production malfunction or glitch in every PPV, as far as disipline with spoilers are concerned, you might, i might but their are those who dont and read...and theirs no way around that

Originally Posted by RMartinez:

...and when i mean mistakes i dont mean wrestling botches i mean from a production standpoint...their is atleast one production malfunction or glitch in every PPV...

Didn't Raw have a mistake like that just last night?!? Go back and watch the beginning of the Hart Dynasty vs. Reagal & Kozlov. The house lights went out for a few seconds before the match started, and all I saw on my TV was essentially blackness. I couldn't see the ring, or the wrestlers...I mean, it was like "lights out in the Impact-Zone", except it wasn't supposed to happen.

Wasn't there all that talk about the women's match on SmackDown just last week or the week before? That could have been production's fault as well. Maybe whatever the wrestler was looking for under the ring wasn't where it was supposed to be (a PA or whatever moved it, or didn't put it in the right place). If SmackDown was a live show, we would have seen the whole thing play out on TV.

The point is, things go wrong ALL THE TIME. As far as I can tell, TNA doesn't "screw up" any more than WWE does...or SNL, or any other live broadcast.

PLEASE stop finding reasons to complain, and just enjoy that there's an alternative to WWE for Christ's sake.

But does it really matter? Ever since going to Monday Nights, TNA has been retrogressing, what's the difference if they move back to Thursday. In my opinion, I think it was a foolish descision to go to Monday Nights in the first place, they stacked up everything they could, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Hogan, yet they still couldn't get a rating past 1.5. I think TNA should've competed with SD and then made their way to RAW, they could barely even beat ECW with those ratings! Hell, since they're moving back to Thursdays, they mine as well switch back to the 6-sided ring.

Oh I agree, I'm not saying that it does matter. TNA has lost viewers not because of the night, but a lot of fans just simply don't like the TNA product these days. Raw hasn't gained additional viewers since iMPACT! came to Monday. I mean, they haven't drawn numbers higher than what they've drawn for a long time now, so those missing TNA viewers haven't decided to switch to watching Raw. They've just stopped watching TNA and, rather than Raw, they're doing something else. That tells me that, even if they did go up against Smackdown first, it wouldn't have made that much of a difference I don't think. Hell, a lot of the time, Smackdown is a better show to watch than Raw is. Against Raw or Smackdown, TNA would still lose viewers because a lot of fans are just turned off by the product TNA is turning out.

Your joking right...WWE had 20 minutes of talking a 5 minute Batista match, and then more talking. They did not have 3-4 matches before TNA had one. LOL.

The overall wrestling content of both shows left a lot to be desired, but let's not try to pretend that TNA put on stellar matches last night either. Both shows were filled with 3-5 minute matches but I'm more disappointed in TNA by far. Last night's iMPACT! was the first title defense of RVD, a world title match live on iMPACT! and featured the opponent that fans themselves had chosen. The match got almost no hype as Hulk Hogan took up most of the show and what should have been a dream match between RVD and Desmonde Wolfe was a 3 minute sleeper that had Wolfe looking like a jobber.

a 3 minute sleeper that had Wolfe looking like a jobber.
To be fair, the Cena match was the same way. Sure, Wade got in some licks but then Cena just pulls out LOLSTF and wins in 3 seconds. This has nothing to do with Impact going live.

I think they should be live all the time just so people reading spoilers will be more inclined to tune in. In either case, they need to get their booking figured out if they want to retain viewers.

While it does look like a dog retreating with it's tail between it's legs, I'm hoping that this is a regroup and back to fighting the good fight.
I've been pretty rough on TNA, however I do want them to succeed.
I thought the initial move to Mondays was just Hogan trying to throw his nut sac on the table. Not big enough. It was a bad move from the begining. TNA should concentrate on making Thursdays THE night for great wrestling. Fuck Monday. Burn your own path through the jungle and people will follow.
I am disappointed that it'll be taped. LIVE IMPACT! just has a bigger feel to it.
While being very disappointed in most of what they put out, I'm hoping this is a change for the better. Concentrate on making Thursdays Must See T(V)NA.

live every other thursday can get them good ratings, maybe more than 1.0 every week, plus you have no flipping between raw and impact...

what i was thinking at first is because commercial free raw is approaching, and tna didn't want to get a 0.2 rating...:disappointed:..

who knows?

Why would taping the show be better? So it can be spoiled and their ratings go completely in the tank? Please. Live episodes of iMPACT are what they need. Doing it live makes things more sound, gives the crowd at home a better experience and doesn't let the show get spoiled for most of the audience four days before the show airs.

Why would taping the show be better? So it can be spoiled and their ratings go completely in the tank? Please. Live episodes of iMPACT are what they need. Doing it live makes things more sound, gives the crowd at home a better experience and doesn't let the show get spoiled for most of the audience four days before the show airs.

Taped shows are good for now because it allows them to tape weeks worth of programming in one day. That way they save tons of money by not having to pay their talent for each individual week they would have to use them if they were live.

Rght now, TNA is losing alot of money due to all these big names they have signed. They need to start doing everything they can to save money, that way they can have the money to keep these big names in the long run. ITs the same thing WCW did when Bischoff took over and they did all the Disney tapings. TNA jumped way too far when they went live on Mondays, now they need to take baby steps to get back to that level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back