• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is The Undertaker The Only One Who Can Actually Have a Lengthy World Title Reign?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
After Taker retained the World Heavyweight Championship at Survivor Series, the most logical choice for his next opponet would be Batista. Now while the Animal might be a formal foe for The Deadman, I don't see Taker losing to heel Batista. Now there hasn't really been a world champion who's had that long solid reign in WWE this year. So it got me to thinking...is The Undertaker the one who can pull this off?

I know Taker might be injury prone at times due to his age, but since Taker's return at Summerslam, he seems to be in top form. Taker's promos are sounding solid, and his ring work doesn't seem all too bad either. Taker is a veteran who can still go in the ring, and has a pretty damn good fan following behind him.

If memory serves me correct, Triple H was last one to have a long title reign, when he won the title at Backlash '08 and then lost it at Survivor Series '08. When The Game is world champion some people hate it....okay well a lot of people hate it, but I don't think Taker will have that problem.

Some of you might say it's only a matter of time before WWE creative and Vince pull one of these whacky title changes, where Taker's loss seems like complete bullshit, but I don't think that'll happen.There's one main reason why I don't think it'll happen, and the reason is....there's nobody left on Smackdown.

I really hope The Deadman can stay healthy, and be world champ for a while longer, so a WWE world championship won't look like a hot potato. I know a lot of you might say, "What about Christian?" I will remind you that Christian is on WWE's C show, and while I'm a huge fan of his, nobody will really care all that much if loses the title or not. Taker has the track record and the character to make the World Heavyweight Championship seem like "THE" title.

Don't think I forgot about Cena. The reason I saved him for last is because I think the WWE championship will change hands again, and soon. There is still Triple H and the slim possibility of HBK winning it. Then maybe Orton will get his way back into the WWE title picture once Cena is no longer champ. So on the Raw side of things there are still plenty of possibilities. Taker is on roll now, and I see no reason to stop it.

Right now, I'm inclined to believe Undertaker will retain the belt when he faces Batista next month. Undertaker's time with WWE is rapidly growing to a close, and soon his in-ring career will be over. During his tenure with the 'E', he's failed to have the kind of solid, lengthy runs at the top one would expect of someone with his following, in-ring work and behind-the-scenes sway. This could very easily be the last opportunity WWE has to cement The Dead Man's legacy. And, as was already pointed out, the Smackdown! roster is pretty lackluster at the moment. It all plays out in 'Taker's favor.

Personally, I'd love to see The Dead Man carry the gold until WrestleMania, when he would put his World title and undefeated legacy on the line. That would be a terrific opportunity to give someone a MAJOR rub by not only taking the belt from him but ending his WM streak as well.

While I doubt this is what WWE will do with 'Taker, that's how I'd ultimately love to see this one go. As for who should get that instantly-legendary victory, I'm still undecided.

I'm going to throw a bit of a twist out there... Undertaker is obviously very well capable of holding the title for a solid amount of time. He's the man and history shows that and he's billed to not lose cleanly, ever. his last loss was the new 'MSJ' to punk and that obviously wasn't clean. the only way they can make him lose the belt is if its a triple threat of fatal 4 way and he's not involved in the pin. thats the only way and its so damn obvious. So this is how they should do it and cause a huge surprise. If i were creative, i'd start up the brothers of destruction again with Undertaker still holding the title. keep the BOD going good and then Taker turns heel on Kane. Kane Vs. Taker at WM26 for the world title and................................Taker is 17-1.

The Undertaker is the only person who really deserves to hold the title for a long time. I say that only because John Cena was always a long-reigning champ, up until last year. Triple H is one who's had MANY title reigns in the past, some long, some short, and is likely to have many more in the future. Randy Orton, while he's only had 1 long, dominant title reign so far, still has time to have a lot more title reigns in the future. If Edge can keep from getting injured, he's likely to have more title reigns also. Chris Jericho can literally be champ at any time.

Like it's probably been said, The Undertaker's career is close to an end. During his 19-year WWE career, he's had 6 other title reigns (excluding his current one). The lengths are as followed... 6 days, 133 days, 36 days, 63 days, 37 days, 30 days. The average for that is almost 51 days. For such a legendary superstar like The Undertaker, that's a shame. For The Undertaker's current title reign, it's 52+ days, which already surpasses his average.

The Undertaker is literally the best choice to be World Heavyweight Champion right now. A heel Batista as the champion, so soon would be a horrible mistake, if you ask me. I agree that Batista has momentum as a heel already, but I think he needs to gain a lot more before he can become a World Champion as a heel for the first time.

The Undertaker won't be champ much longer, as Wrestlemania is rapidly approaching. Unless WWE wants to have Undertaker come to Wrestlemania as champ for the first time ever, or unless they want to have Title vs. Streak for the 4th Wrestlemania in history... then Undertaker will likely lose the title sometime between now and Wrestlemania, and develop a new non-title fued for Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back