• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is the Stephanie/Bella situation leading to a match?

closet_fan

Mid-Card Championship Winner
I've been liking the Steph/Bella Twins storyline. At the very least, it's adds more to the Diva's division.

However, the constant back and forth arguing does nothing unless the Bellas have their payback.

When Austin and Vince got into it, Austin eventually had his payback a few times.

Maybe we'll finally see Steph in the ring at SummerSlam?

It doesn't make sense to have other wrestlers do Steph's dirty work. There has to be fulfillment for the Bellas soon.

I've been liking the Steph/Bella Twins storyline. At the very least, it's adds more to the Diva's division.

However, the constant back and forth arguing does nothing unless the Bellas have their payback.

When Austin and Vince got into it, Austin eventually had his payback a few times.

It doesn't make sense to have other wrestlers do Steph's dirty work. There has to be fulfillment for the Bellas soon.

You're assuming the faces have to win.

The Bellas ain't Steve Austin. Hopefully no fulfillment for the Bellas. They bring little to the table, and it's only due to Daniel Bryan that they're even in this fued in the first place......they damn sure don't deserve to win it, IMO.

Unfortunately I think it's leading to Bella vs Bella. I think they had to have something like this, the arrest, not to make it so one sided. But I'm pretty sure Steph will come back next week and make it even worse for Nikki, unless there is more carryover from the arrest (i.e. Brie pressing charges unless she backs of Nikki).

Based on history I do think that Steph's comments to Nikki over the weeks is going to plant seeds of resentment that manifest in a Brie vs Nikki scenario. That will probably be good tv for Divas show and can be a match at a future ppv. I know we just saw two diva pairings (funkadactyll's, paige/aj friendemies) fall apart but it this Bella/Authority thing just seems like its heading that way too.

It's definitely leading to a match, but I don't think it will be Stephanie vs. Brie. I think Stephanie gets into Nikki's head about her sister abandoning her, and starts to believe that all the handicap matches she's been placed in recently are truly Brie's fault. Brie (w/ Bryan in her corner) vs. Nikki w/ Stephanie.

If Bryan were healthy enough, I think we'd see a mixed tag at SummerSlam - Triple H & Stephanie vs. Bryan & Brie. Nikki would turn on Brie there and cost her the match. Instead though, it will likely be the match I mentioned above.

If we were lucky it would be an oil wrestling match exclusive to Brazzers... but we aren't that lucky.

Of course it's leading to a match. That's the only payoff possible to the whole ordeal.

According to reports over the past several weeks, Stephanie vs. Brie is expected to be one of the top matches of the card. The fact that Stephanie kept mentioning Brie week after week and taking it out on Nikki is a pretty strong sign that a match was coming. After last night, since Brie ultimately "filed charges" against Stephanie resulting in Steph being "arrested for battery", they'll use this as a means of setting up the match. In return for the charges against her being dropped, Stephanie has to agree to face Brie in a 1 on 1 match at SummerSlam. If Brie wins, she gets her job back.

The match will also be used as a reason to feature Daniel Bryan on the card, most likely, in which he'll be in his wife's corner. If Bryan's healthy by that time, I could also see a mixed tag match with Triple H & Stephanie taking on Bryan & Brie. Regardless, I'd say both Bryan & Triple H will be in their wives corner as a means of adding a little more pomp and star power.

I can see a Nikki heel turn against her sister in the future whenever Brie returns to in-ring action. Nikki gets sick of getting the short end of the stick due to Brie's actions, and while she remained supportive of her sister for a long time, eventually she could just snap and have had enough. Stephanie becomes the "supportive" voice in the ear of Nikki, while Brie will have deal with more of their crap over a number of weeks. As JH said, it would be good to have Daniel Bryan, HHH and Stephanie more involved in the story to add more star power, even if they're just ringside for the matches. I'm not sure Stephanie will be too thrilled about the prospect of getting in the ring after her boob malfunction on Raw. :D

Obviously.

I can see this being Nikki's turning point as a singles heel.

Brie tells Steph that they will fight at SS and if Stephanie wins, Brie will drop the charges and stay away from WWE. But if Brie wins she gets her job back and Stephanie backs off her and her sister.

As the match goes on, Nikki helps Brie beat Steph. While celebrating with her sister, Nikki turns on Brie!! Yes I know cliche, but its WWE "go to" in making faces and heels. Stephanie goes to Nikki, but Nikki walks away.

The next night Nikki says she didn't do it for Steph or The Authority, she did it to get back at her sister. It was Brie's actions and Nikki suffered the consequences of them while Brie sat home with Bryan.

If anything it takes away from the Diva's division. It's not like Brie or Nikki are the Diva's Champion or in the hunt for the championship.

It's just a feud making themselves bigger than the title. They should have made Nikki the championship instead of Paige. It would make more sense to me then have her feud with Steph.

I personally don't want to see Steph in the ring, she's not an active wrestler and she of all people are not adding to the division. If anything she's taking away time from more talent women wrestles like Natayla.

If anything it takes away from the Diva's division. It's not like Brie or Nikki are the Diva's Champion or in the hunt for the championship.

It's just a feud making themselves bigger than the title. They should have made Nikki the championship instead of Paige. It would make more sense to me then have her feud with Steph.

I personally don't want to see Steph in the ring, she's not an active wrestler and she of all people are not adding to the division. If anything she's taking away time from more talent women wrestles like Natayla.

Disagree. Having 2 divas feuds going on at the same time is a rare thing.

It wouldn't be happening if Stephanie wasn't involved, so she's not taking away from anything. She's getting some attention on the division and some wrestlers that otherwise nobody would care about.

Putting the title on Nikki then takes away time from Paige/AJ/Natalya and more, whether Stephanie is wrestling or not, so I don't see the issue of multiple Divas feuds. The division needs it, and Nikki doesn't need a title run until she turns heel with Stephanie as her "manager" or something. She may not even need a title run, a feud with her sister with Stephanie pulling the strings would actually interest me. If anything, it's up to Paige and AJ to step up and make the Divas championship feud more interesting, as their match at Battleground was pretty piss poor.

Stephanie is a legend of the women's division and everything... but what I'm concerned about, my friends, is can she still go? And by "go" I mean can she still carry herself as well as Brie Bella throughout the match? Surely, Brie has improved a lot since the RAW Guest Host days, courtesy of Daniel Bryan, but she is still quite limited, especially when it comes to moves like Irish whips... I'm not expecting a 4 star match or anything, but I just hope they don't end up embarrassing themselves. If that happens, nothing will happen to Stephanie because she will still be there in the authority storyline, but Brie will suffer. Also, another thing I'm concerned about is that this match might push a potentially good match like Usos vs Wyatts to the pre-show, or at least take some time away from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back