Is Slick overdue to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame?

CM Steel

A REAL American
When Slick first appeared on WWF Television, he purchased a "half interest" in Freddie Blassie's heel stable. Blassie was not in the best of health, and was being slowly phased out of storylines. Slick eventually took over all managerial duties from Fred Blassie.

Slick managed Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, Butch Reed, Big Bossman, Akeem, Warlord, Paul Roma, Hercules, Zeus, Kamala & Rick Martel. Slick did a stint in Texas All-Star Wrestling, managing Madd Maxx and Lord Humongous.

So is Slick overdue to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame?

Turn out the lights the party's over.

I would say so. He would be what I considered the "cool" heel manager. Arguably the best manager second to only to Bobby Heenan at that time, Slick actually made me want to pay attention to Bossman, Akeem, and Kamala. Some might not agree, but he is deserving of a HOF spot. According to Wiki, Slick was the first black manager in pro-wrestling, although I'm not sure if this is accurate. "The Doctor of Style" was in his own class back in the day, so I'd say give it to him.

When Slick first appeared on WWF Television, he purchased a "half interest" in Freddie Blassie's heel stable. Blassie was not in the best of health, and was being slowly phased out of storylines. Slick eventually took over all managerial duties from Fred Blassie.

Slick managed Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff, Butch Reed, Big Bossman, Akeem, Warlord, Paul Roma, Hercules, Zeus, Kamala & Rick Martel. Slick did a stint in Texas All-Star Wrestling, managing Madd Maxx and Lord Humongous.

So is Slick overdue to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame?

Turn out the lights the party's over.

Unlike Freddie Blassie, Slick never did anything to permanently change the wrestling business, but "Classy" Freddie Blassie changed the way that we viewed managers forever. Even though a handful of stars in the Hall of Fame never did anything to make a statement in the wrestling business(Koko B. Ware, Drew Carey, Pete Rose), The majority of them did(Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels), but unfortunately "The Doctor of Style" Falls into the former category. So in other words, no. Even his clientele were all upper mid-careers at best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back