• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Sheamus going to be a main eventer when he returns?

Jstrike

Pre-Show Stalwart
Sheamus has been one of the biggest stars in the company since his debut, winning 2 wwe championships less than 1 year. and then winning king of the ring, winning the royal rumble becoming whc. and then becoming 1 of the top 2 faces of smackdown, so sheamus was doing great until the big show rivarly and then sheamus became the "we dont have nothing for this guy at this very moment" and then suffered a injury. so where does this leave the great white when he returns where will sheamus be at main event? or mid card?

Yes, he's going to be a main eventer. Even if he doesn't go after the World or WWE Titles again, no way is he going to be chasing midcard titles (unless he teams with someone and goes after the tag belts).

Sheamus cannot be a mid card guy. He's never been one. I think he'll be a main eventer, but don't see him chasing the WWE/ WHC title.

Sheamus cannot be a mid card guy. He's never been one.

He was definitely a midcard guy for a while. Between losing his feud with Randy and his face turn, he was jobbed out almost every week, and was even bumped off WrestleMania. He won the US title once and had some small midcard feuds with Morrison, Henry and Bryan.

If it were up to me, I'd play with the fact that Sheamus was Triple H's gym buddy and have him come back as part of the Corporation. I think he has value as a face, but I think he would have even more value if he teams with them for a while before turning. Think of how over Batista got when he turned on Triple H... That's how over I think Sheamus can get if they do a similar storyline in 2014.

Sheamus vs Brock Lesnar or Sheamus vs Ryback would be interesting. One of these matches may happen at Extreme Rules next year, depending on when he's coming back.

I was actually going to start a thread on Sheamus but you beat me to it. I know the plan seems to be for him to return around Royal Rumble time but I'd save him as the big surprise the night after Mania.

His face run got stale real quick, his smiley routine coupled with awful joke laden promos about the old country was a real momentum killer, he seemed to get the dud comedy promos that Cena had refused to use and I just don't think he has that extra intangible that connects with the crowd and creates a true top face.

So I'd have him change his look a bit, change his attitude to that of a ruthless destroyer and have him attack whoever is WWE Champion the night after Mania, not to set up an immediate feud but to make an impact that he's back and no longer playing. This would get him off to a great fresh start and prevent him from getting lost in the shuffle as he likely would if he comes back on the Road to WrestleMania.

Sheamus is an awesome wrestler,can cut a very good promo and has the look and the IT factor. That being said,i would want Sheamus to return as a Heel it is better suited for him. Have King Sheamus join the HHH Regime,how awesome would it be to have someone like that in the stable. I never liked the Jolly ol irishman attitude,good for the kids but not us fans.

This is the same man who destroyed HHH a couple of yrs ago. Have that Sheamus return someone of a destroyer. I look for him to return at the Royal Rumble

Yes. And just pray for all of us it's as a heel. When they made him into the loveable Irishman/ Cena Jr. he became the most obnoxiously misused talent in the entire WWE. The dude is a massive beast with really great in-ring talent and a very distinct look.

He could very easily be the top heel the company is so desperate for.

I'm not a fan of Sheamus in the slightest, to me he is a light (no pun intended) version of John Cena with the creative's over reliance of having him be 'humorous' in his face role which he wasn't suited too anyway. He was fine as a heel but didn't really do anything that was worth writing home about. He's been with the company 4 years and I don't think he's had a match that stands out in my memory in that time that I would consider above average, let alone good.

For a guy of his size and the unique look he has, he should be a superstar but his ring skills are distinctly average at best and with the microphone he doesn't have that *IT* factor that takes him from being a stellar upper midcarder being a true main event attraction.

I think he probably will slot back into the main event scene because of the lack of depth in talent in the World Heavyweight Championship ranks at this point in time. However I think it could be a while before he's at the forefront of programming again like Bryan and Orton are right now.

I'm not a fan of Sheamus in the slightest, to me he is a light (no pun intended) version of John Cena with the creative's over reliance of having him be 'humorous' in his face role which he wasn't suited too anyway. He was fine as a heel but didn't really do anything that was worth writing home about. He's been with the company 4 years and I don't think he's had a match that stands out in my memory in that time that I would consider above average, let alone good.

His break-in feud vs. Triple H and early feuds with Cena as a heel were all among the better matches/segments of those years IMO.

His break-in feud vs. Triple H and early feuds with Cena as a heel were all among the better matches/segments of those years IMO.

I remember that Cena matches being decent I wouldn't go as far as to calling them good. As for the Triple H matches I don't remember them off the top of my head which probably isn't a good sign. Because bad /awful or good / great I generally remember matches. If I don't it's because generally I consider them average or mediocre..

The one thing that above all stands out in my memory about Sheamus is the night he brogue kicked Lawler which was really well done, but I never really had the feeling he as a performer or WWE creatively capitalised on it.

I remember that Cena matches being decent I wouldn't go as far as to calling them good. As for the Triple H matches I don't remember them off the top of my head which probably isn't a good sign. Because bad /awful or good / great I generally remember matches. If I don't it's because generally I consider them average or mediocre..

The one thing that above all stands out in my memory about Sheamus is the night he brogue kicked Lawler which was really well done, but I never really had the feeling he as a performer or WWE creatively capitalised on it.

The HHH feud was well done at the time, and for Trips to give him the rub of the green, it really paid off long-term.

Sheamus I find is just really very stale. I've had no interest in him, or any feud he's had for over 18 months. He really needs a character shake-up and could do with turning heel again.

They can do many things with Sheamus but after watching the months since his injury, I think he should return as a face. At least for the road to Wrestlemania because there are better optiions for him as a face.

The World Heavyweight Title is an obvious one. Whether Del Rio, Sandow or someone else is champ, Sheamus is a fantastic challenger and I wouldn't mind him being the champ.

Feuding with the Corporation is another. Depending on when he returns and how the storyline develops Sheamus might return at the perfect time. A feud with Orton? HHH? The Shield? All good options.

Even a feud with someone like Brock Lesnar or Ryback could be a great way to re-introduce Sheamus. For me, if Lesnar doesn't face Punk then he has to face Sheamus. They could put on an incredible No DQ match and should be considered for WM30. Sheamus would also be a great person to halt the "bully" persona of Sheamus.

Basically, I think Sheamus will be involved in one of the top 2/3 storylines upon his return. The aforementioned ideas would all be terrific for Sheamus and we shouldn't forget that he is a top face in the company. While I doubt Sheamus will return and win the WWE title I do think he will be very important when he returns. I highly doubt that Sheamus will be involved at mid-card level but the only viable option if he were to be kept from the "top" storylines would be Bray Wyatt. Wyatt needs to start wrestling and Sheamus would be a perfect combination.

I actually like the idea of Wyatt and Sheamus, both are big guys that can work the more physical style of match and Wyatt could bring him out of his shell. I think that's always been a bone of contention for me with Sheamus that he's a big european guy that should work more towards that style ala Regal it would give him a more unique style in the ring and to go with his unique look.

As for being in the top 2 or 3 storylines on his return I can't see that happening personally because Cena will probably be on his way back, you've got the mcmahon storyline and whoever they are feuding with at the time. Plus Punk will take preference over Sheamus unless, Sheamus does come back as a heel and could possibly fall into a feud with Punk.

I could definitely see Sheamus returning and falling into an upper mid-card feud with the Corporation. I can't see him being the focus of any of the top three matches for WrestleMania though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back