Is R-Truth the savior of Hardy?

ForzaItalia

Layeth The Smackdown!
Ever Since Jeff has left the WWE, Matt Hardy continues to be downgraded by teaming with Great Khali, losing 4 times to Punk, and not being able to have a match longer than 3 minutes. Matt will probably never be a champion again unless WWE can put him with a partner similar to the style of Jeff. This tag team could last for a long time and even capture the titles until Jeff would supposedly return to WWE in a year or so. I suggest having a permanent tag team consisting of R-Truth and Hardy. This would work because these guys are close friends, they live in the Carolinas, and they have great tag moves and chemistry. Of course they could feud with the Hart Dynasty and even the future tag champs the Straight-Edge Society. This would maybe give Matt the little push he needs to remind people that Matt Hardy is not a jobber wrestling in the shadow of his brother.

I've been thinking this too and this could probably work or he can team with JOMO because both are real good with tag team wrestleing but lets stay on R Truth. They both really aren't doing anything on SMACK DOWN and if they team together this could actually be a great tag team I mean there Styles mix and they're great preformers when givin a chance, this tag team would also make feuds with the Hart Dynasty and Cryme Tyme and probably CM Punk and Luke Gallows. That would actually give a chance to give Hardy a chance to do his feud bringing R Truth in to the mix considering Punk stays in the tag team division.

Ive been saying this for some time now.

But it also looks like he could possibly be teaming with Khali.Either way it would be great to give hardy that push and also R-Truth hasn't held a title in his WWE career yet.So what better way to put him with an experienced wrestler and give them a title reign.

Maybe they are doing this,Because Punk and gallows didnt get their title shot.They could be setting up for someone else to take the titles.

I hope not. Matt Hardy -while solid in the ring - is nothing without Jeff. He's not interesting, he's not charasmatic and he's generic as fuck. Matt wont amount to anything on his own, and he shouldnt be holding back R-Truth either. Since returning Matt's been low on the card for a reason, not becuase he's brother's a meth head but because he's honestly not that good. The last time i can remember anybody kicking up a fuss about Matt Hardy is when he's with Jeff or when Edge fucked his girlfriend. R-Truth can climb the ladder higher than Matt can, and lugging the latter's bloated body with him isnt going to help R-Truth all. It's only going to delay his progress.

Matt Hardy doesnt need a saviour, he needs to be put to sleep.

I was very surprised when I saw Matt Hardy and Khali teaming up to earn #1 contendership of the tag team title belts as I was so sure that it would've been Hardy and R-Truth. After all, it would've made sense storyline-wise. Both of them were having problems with CM Punk and his Straight Edge Society so having them team up seemed logical to me. However, with the fued between Truth and Punk now seemingly over (it looks like Truth might be feuding with Jericho now) and with Hardy and Khali teaming up, this may not work anymore. It seems to me that WWE is trying to push Truth as a serious singles competitor and he doesn't need Hardy hampering his progress. At this point, the logical route is for WWE to keep doing what they're seemingly doing and that's pushing Truth as a singles wrestler and pushing Hardy and Kahli as a tag team that can eventually fight for the tag team belts. I don't see this new tag team as Hardy being downgraded as things could've easily been a lot worse for him (a la jobbing to the now released Eric Escobar).

Well obviously R-Truth is the more charismatic and he's really over with the crowd. say for instance Matt and Truth do team up and become a prominent tag team you can have truth do the talking and Matt do the wrestling simple as that. But seriously i dont see all the hype over Matt Hardy. he has had one memorable feud in recent years by himself and that's with MVP

I don't think he's Matt's savior, but he's a hell of a lot better partner than Khali! Like previously stated, R Truth can be the mic and Matt can do the wrestling. Their styles do mesh well and would be very entertaining in the tag division. Lets face it, Matt's not going anywhere it seems in the singles ranks, so lets just push him in the tag division with a partner not named Jeff! I think R Truth and Matt would be a good yet enjoyable team to watch on SmackDown.

Although an interesting idea,I think R-Truth given his age and the fact that hes kinda over with the crowd and quite talented should stick with the singles ( and lose the fucking glove ure not the MIZ from 1-2 years ago - although miz had two - ) cause he is doing just fine their.His match with Jericho was enjoyable the crowd got really behind him although Y2J is Y2J and he got some nice reactions ,some people even tried to start a Y2J chant.Matt has been nothing since his feud with MVP i mean he did stuff , turned heel bla bla,but that feud was the only thing interesting and after Jeff left he became nothing but a jobber which won a match once a month.

I really like R-Truth as a single's competitor because he can really hold his own he doesn't need a manager a guy to cheer for him in the corner or stuff like that.Hes very good on the mic,not excellent like the miz,but then again R-truth's feuds didn't let him show his true potential on the mic,cause im sure if put into a more serious not 3-4 episodes long feud that showed some emotion he would have the crowd at his feet.

in conclusion no R-Truth should be the savior for himself and go upper-mid card and beyond,and let matt hardy do what he does now because you cannot deny that Matt is NOT interesting NOT entertaining his charisma is more than non existent and is at best OK on the mic.Nothing against him but if that how u are meant to be thats how u are meant to be.

Putting him in a tag team with R-Truth would get him the same result he has in his tag team with Khali now, and that result is nothing. This would come off as just yet another random pairing that wouldn't get Matt any where. Also, it's not like R-Truth would be able to help Hardy, seeing as how his push cooled off A LONG time ago, and as far as status goes on Smackdown, he's also at the same level as Hardy.

I've said this before in many other "save Matt Hardy" threads, but i'll say it here again, unless Jeff Hardy comes back to WWE, Matt will continue to ride the mid-card. The last time Matt was even remotely interesting or seemed like he might be going some where, was when he was feuding with Jeff before and after Wrestlemania 25. He went to Raw, and remained heel, but still, he went no where.

Also, it's not like R-Truth would be able to help Hardy, seeing as how his push cooled off A LONG time ago, and as far as status goes on Smackdown, he's also at the same level as Hardy.

Hmm. I don't think I would go that far. I personally think WWE is finally utilizing Truth and trying to push him as a serious singles competitor. It looks like he's gonna be starting a feud with Jericho and that could help him tremendously. As far as Hardy goes however, I agree with you that he'll be in midcard hell and will never rise above that unless his brother comes back, which I don't see happening anytime in the foreseeable future. To me, if anyone's push has been cooled off it's Matt Hardy's.

Hmm. I don't think I would go that far. I personally think WWE is finally utilizing Truth and trying to push him as a serious singles competitor. It looks like he's gonna be starting a feud with Jericho and that could help him tremendously.

Yeah, but the thing is, all signs point to a potential Jericho/Edge feud. It makes sense seeing as how Jericho bashed Edge all the time he was a tag team champion. So I don't think R-truth is going to do anything major with Jericho. Truth is getting up there as far as age goes, and the last time he was really pushed was when he was feuding with Shelton Benjamin over the US title, and that was a while ago. Those are some of the many reasons why I don't think Truth would be able to be Hardy's "savior".

Like everyones said before me, R-Truth is being pushed as singles and Hardy is already in a team with Khali. But the thing is, couldn't matt hardy be matt hardys savior? I mean i was watching a match with him and jeff vs Rated RKO and matt was doing a great job in the ring. he was good technically and high flyer. Maybe matt needs to go back to that. or at least have a fued thats worth looking at...

I've been all for a Truth/Hardy tag team for months now. Neither of them have what it takes in my mind to be really valuable singles wrestlers and neither of them are young enough that you can put them in that position and just hope that they'll improve. Face it...they've peaked. And their current levels are of wrestlers the fans like, but would never buy as world champions. Truth would be lucky as hell to even have legit IC/US title matches, let alone win one, and Matt Hardy, while having a kind of decent ECW reign, had a horrible US title reign and went absolutely nowhere after ECW, despite being in a big program with one of the five most over people in the entire company AT WRESTLEMANIA.

Truth/Hardy tag teaming would indeed be a holy move to their careers and keep them relevant. They could easily be unified tag champs and go between the shows while their midcard spots are replaced by the younger guys that aren't currently being given that position (ie, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, etc).

Matt Hardy is pretty much the kind of thing that wrestling companies really need, but who is often overlooked. He is over, and he pretty much always will be and is there whenever anyone needs a midcard title change or a quick feud to build someone. There aren't many in his likeness, Goldust is another and probably Val Venis was the last guy they had in that respect. The only trouble is what to do with them when you don't need to call on them. Putting them in a tag team isn't a bad idea, but I think in light of R-Truth's impending push means it won't be him. Put him with Helms, or Charlie Haas or someone and you have a passable team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back