• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Jim Morrison a legend?

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Well, simple as the thread title says. Jim Morrison is a revered artist in the music industry, but could we go as far as to say that he is a legend? I would say yes. I would say this for many reasons, but the only one I really need to state is his influence. He has a wide influence on the music industry, and his lyrics and his music spoke to his generation, beside Led Zeppelin. The Doors and Morrison may not be the most critically acclaimed, but they certainly have a wide range of influence. He has established his legacy in the music industry, so far enough for me to view him as a legend. Thoughts?

How is Jim Morrison NOT a legend? He was very inspirational as a musician and led a very successful band, The Doors. One of the definitions of a legend is "a person whose fame or notoriety makes him a source of exaggerated or romanticized tales or exploits". Morrison fits that description. The word "legend" gets thrown around a lot more often than perhaps it should, but Jim Morrison's impact in the music world cannot be ignored thus he deserves to be referred to as a legend because of the legacy he left behind despite his tragic passing away when things could only have just been beginning.

Jim Morrison is the god of rock and cock, The Lizard King, Mr.Mojo Risin....and he is EASILY a top 5 All Time Front Man The early, mysterious death, famous gravesite, the movie about him, the fact that his songs are still heard and he kicked major ass redefining what a rockstar should be. Legend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back