• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it time for a Divas Money In The Bank?

Should the WWE start a Divas MITB briefcase like they do the men's?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Heartbreak_Kid_707

Championship Contender
First off if WWE is going to do the divas revolution they need to take it very seriously. They have real talent in the ring and mic with Sasha, Paige, Becky, Nikki, bayley, bliss, asuka, Emma and natalya..great athletism only with Naomi and Charlotte. You've got big and power with Tamina. Decent workers or at least Fillers with Brie, Alicia fox, Eva Marie, summer rae, Cameron, Lana, Rosa Mendes. And all the NXT talent.

That's 19 plus nxt. That's enough of a roster to do the money in the bank for the Dive belt. So vote, do you think the dives should get a MITB briefcase???
Thoughts?

That seems to be 19 including lots of NXT talent. Problem is, NXT and the main roster are separate, and for good reason. Six of those 19 are on NXT. Lana has yet to wrestle a match. Rosa and Summer Rae are better known as managers/valets. That takes 19 down to 10. One is champion. That's 9.

With that said, I wouldn't mind a Diva's MitB briefcase existing. I don't know if it could happen every year, because repeat winners and a list of credible (and willing) participants might drag it down rather quickly. Also, even if it were only an annual occurrence, how many times would anyone want to see the same handful of Diva's in the same type of match. The first few times, sure, but it would eventually get stale.

But, for a one shot match? Go for it. Somewhere in the 4-6 participant range would work. Get some really talented girls out there, putting their bodies on the line for a shot at the title. It would elevate the division and the title a bit, and that's what this whole Revolution is supposed to be about anyway.

Well I didn't want to name all the NXT. Emma has been on main roster once before. Bayley will be called up shortly. She's working dark matches with main roster people. Until this latest charades deal Summer Rae was a pretty active competitor. Lana was training but I'll give you that one. Asuka and Bliss will be up shortly. Emma and Bayley any day. Summer does wrestle. But I'll give you Rosa and Lana even though Lana hard been training. That raises it back up some..

But ibthink its a great idea too!!

Plus I read on a different site cm punk and AJ will be back by mid 2016...

I said yes......BUT.....I think they would need to build to it.

Just announcing a Divas MITB match wouldn't work, in my opinion, as we have never seen any Diva's in that type of match. Battle Royals and mixed tag matches seem to be very quick in the past.

the NXT Ironman (Ironwoman?) match broke a barrier. I don't recall any type of Divas Ladder match or any gimmick matches for a long time. Ladder Matches are very difficult to be a part of, and experience means a lot. Throwing a Divas MITB match into the mix without any of them being in a ladder match could be awful.

I would perhaps have a fued end in a ladder match sometime and see how it goes, then build on that and throw MITB into the mix.

Without any gimmick matches in the past, MITB just seems a step too far right away

Sure, if the ladders are made of cardboard... Heartbreak_Kid, you have some dumbass ideas sometimes.. Come up with a better idea than a Ladder match. There's a reason that match doesn't happen with the divas, they'll all get killed in a match like that, especially with 6-8 of them.

I would love to see the divas get hurt and taken out of WWE, but they won't put them in a predicament like that.

they dont need mitb for divas. Instead they can make credible no 1 contender for every time.
They also build a storyline fued for other divas.

No. I've said it before but the last thing the ladies need is gimmick matches when they can barely wrestle a regular match.

Plus MITB is pretty boring for the men as is.

I voted for No! Booking of WWE Divas is already stale even without any gimmick matches..... So most probably Divas MITB would be awful.....and even Men MITB is a pretty stale one too..... Amnot interested in either! :shrug:

No. I've said it before but the last thing the ladies need is gimmick matches when they can barely wrestle a regular match.

That's one way to see it, yes. On the other hand, if they can't wrestle a regular match, maybe this is just the thing to try. I mean.....why not?

At present, the ladies are getting some attention. Look at the section of our forum you're reading right now. There are four active topics involving divas:

'Please control your emotion Charlotte Flair'

'Would you watch a one hour WWE Network women's wrestling show?'

'Which program would you want started for the Divas'

'Is it time for a Divas MITB?'

When have you ever seen anything like this on WZ?

I say, try 'em in a gimmick match. Now that some genuine individual rivalries have emerged, put the gals together and let them duke it out.

What's the appeal of the Money in the Bank ladder match?

Spots. Lots and lots of high flying spots. The Money in the Bank ladder match is designed, because the audience likes to watch a car crash from time to time, and like to see them do really athletic moves from the top of the ladder?

I can count three women that I have confidence (on the main roster) that I have faith won't break their necks from dropping off the top of a ladder; Sasha, Paige, and maaaaybe Becky. That's it, that's the list.

The women haven'r been trained on how to take these spots, and even if they had, it's all random chance. There's no way to explain how Mick Foley falls off the top of Hell in a Cell and is fine, but Droz is paralyzed by a freak accident. So, without training, the chances of injury drastically go up. And when it gets reported that someone gets seriously hurt from this MitB match, blame will be swirled, and they'll never have one of these again.

So, I present to you the following options;

A. Have the match now, when you're unsure the participants are trained to survive, let alone have an exciting match?
B. Wait until they are trained, and keep the wrestlers safe.

Choice is up to you. I'll be interested to see which you pick.

No, absolutely not. MITB matches are bad enough, the last thing we need is a bunch of wrestlers who are average workers and who are barely over competing in a match that much better wrestlers have a hard time making decent.

Absolutely not.
What's the appeal of the Money in the Bank ladder match?

Spots. Lots and lots of high flying spots.
But it shouldn't be. That's the problem with the MITB. Go back and watch the first MITB match from WM 21. It's not about spots, it's a fantastic wrestling match, which just happens to have big spots. The spots don't make the match, the match makes the spots.

That's the problem I have with so many of MITB matches anymore. They're just treated as spotfests, but they don't have to be.

But it shouldn't be. That's the problem with the MITB. Go back and watch the first MITB match from WM 21. It's not about spots, it's a fantastic wrestling match, which just happens to have big spots. The spots don't make the match, the match makes the spots.

That's the problem I have with so many of MITB matches anymore. They're just treated as spotfests, but they don't have to be.

I should have prefaced what I said by, "what have audiences become accustomed to in their MitB matches", as that's the more exact phrase.

You can do a good ladder match without spots. I'd say that Shawn Michaels VS. Chris Jericho at No Mercy was the best ladder match I've seen in years, and it's because it told a story. It was also pretty much the safest of ladder matches.

You could do it, but the other problem from Slyfox's viewpoint (which is pretty valid, too), is that most of the women are pretty bad at working a story into their match. In that vein, the best are Sasha, Nikki Bella, and...I dunno, maybe Paige, but she isn't great, either?

Another option, but highly doubt it could go over without being incredibly prejudice, is to have MITB but not as a ladder match.

No idea how you sell it not being a ladder match for women but being a ladder match for men.

Have a Divas MITB Royal Rumble. Not a battle royal as they just become a clusterf*ck. 90 second intervals, winner gets a Divas MITB contract!!

I say no because it serves no purpose. Before they mucked it up and started letting former champs win it, MITB was supposed to be the thing to take a mid-card guy to the main event. With the divas, there really is no mid-card so its purpose is limited. As well, it is a ladder match and I don't think a lot of the women can handle doing a ladder match. Hell, they can't handle battle royals and those are a lot less dangerous. wwe could just do a battle royal where the winner gets a title match whenever they want and it would work just as well.

I voted yes. There's nothing wrong with trying something new. The briefcase can be awarded like a title instead of hanging from a cable above a ladder. Have a six way elimination brawl, last Diva standing is the new MITB winner.

It's time for clear cut heels and faces, more than one storyline, a title belt that looks like a wrestling championship (gold) as well as being something pretty that young girls would buy, gear that doesn't just look like stripper wear, and then if you have all that: maybe diva MITB.

Personally I find the whole MITB concept pretty stale at this point. ADR's probably hurt him more than anything, Sandow's served no purpose, and Sheamus' sucks rotten Guinness.

It isn't a simple "yes" or "no" here, it depends on the context of how the diva would win her Money In the Bank opportunity. If we are talking a 6 diva Ladder match for the briefcase just like the men do, then absolutely not. It's just too dangerous and I say that with zero sexism, it's due to the simple fact that none of the divas are ready for a match THAT chaotic. None of them. If we get to where they can handle a 1 VS 1 Ladder match, then we'll talk. I could see that happening down the line somewhere, but that's a whole other topic.

Now, I have suggested an idea for a way before that would accomplish two big changes to Money In The Bank simultaneously. This idea gets us a midcard Money In The Bank briefcase and a divas Money In The Bank briefcase. All without the girls having to compete in a dangerous match. 6 divas would pick 6 midcarders to represent them in a traditional Money In The Bank Ladder Match for a midcard title shot briefcase. Let's say it's Paige, Charlotte, Becky Lynch, Sasha, Natalya, and Summer Rae. They pick a midcard who represents them in the match. Let's say Paige picked Wade Barrett, and Barrett wins. Barrett gets a blue briefcase that he can cash in for his choice of the Intercontinental or United States Championship. Paige, due to having picked the winner, gets a pink Mrs Money In The Bank briefcase that she can use for a Divas Championship opportunity, under all the same rules as the mens' briefcases. There would still be a red or gold World Heavyweight Championship briefcase in use while all this is going on, so it's three different briefcases but all three would be for different title tiers. Imagine all three cashing in the same night, that'd be crazy.

So, for me it's a yes if they go about it in a safer match type, but it's a definite no if we're talking a 6 divas ladder match. Someday in years to come MAYBE, but not this year.

Sure, if the ladders are made of cardboard... Heartbreak_Kid, you have some dumbass ideas sometimes.. Come up with a better idea than a Ladder match. There's a reason that match doesn't happen with the divas, they'll all get killed in a match like that, especially with 6-8 of them.

I would love to see the divas get hurt and taken out of WWE, but they won't put them in a predicament like that.

Heartbreak_Kid has dumbass ideas, yet youre hoping for a physical injury to a woman? I think you have the dumbass ideas backwards kid.

I really wouldn't mind seeing it personally i feel like a divas MITB would definitely grab interest, it would be up to the participants themselves to pull it off

Is it time for one? No.
About 50%, probably more, of the main roster girls won't be able to carry out a match of this nature. They are simply not capable enough. It might work if they use, say, Sasha, Becky, Nikki and Paige from the main roster, and Bailey and Emma from NXT. However, if they include their average wrestling divas like Brie, Naomi, Alicia or Tamina (which they will, if this match takes place), the match will fall flat on its face.
Would I like to see one? Yes.
I am always in favour of something new and fresh... and I feel that we should not totally dismiss the idea without watching even one match of this kind. Who knows, maybe with proper candidates and rehearsal, it might actually work out great. Remembering the unexpected performance from Neville's celebrity tag team partner, I'd say (some of) the ladies too should be given a chance at MITB.

Is it time for one? No.
About 50%, probably more, of the main roster girls won't be able to carry out a match of this nature. They are simply not capable enough. It might work if they use, say, Sasha, Becky, Nikki and Paige from the main roster, and Bailey and Emma from NXT. However, if they include their average wrestling divas like Brie, Naomi, Alicia or Tamina (which they will, if this match takes place), the match will fall flat on its face.
Would I like to see one? Yes.
I am always in favour of something new and fresh... and I feel that we should not totally dismiss the idea without watching even one match of this kind. Who knows, maybe with proper candidates and rehearsal, it might actually work out great. Remembering the unexpected performance from Neville's celebrity tag team partner, I'd say (some of) the ladies too should be given a chance at MITB.

How good the divas are don't matter.. Bash a ladder off one of the divas and they'll get killed, they'll be sore for weeks and possibly injured.. They're not build like the guys, none of them, they're wy too fragile for a match like that.. Those ladders are no joke... Guys get injured constantly in that type of match, it would be twice as bad for the woman.

I think the concept of having a woman holding the briefcase always teasing to take the belt would be good TV, and help add some excitement to the division.

I would love to see a woman's ladder match, but only with the right performers. If it was Asuka, Bayley, Paige, Becky, Sasha, and Natalya. I think that group could pull it off, treat it like the Razor/HBK WM10 match, only use one or two ladders, no crazy high spots, just a lot of hope spots, maybe one or two dives off the ladder, and a winner. It could work, and it would be something different.

I definitely wouldn't get in the habit of making it a yearly event or anything, but it doesn't have to be in a ladder match either, they could do the brief case in a battle royal, for example. The idea of a woman able to cash in though could be a lot of fun.

How good the divas are don't matter.. Bash a ladder off one of the divas and they'll get killed, they'll be sore for weeks and possibly injured.. They're not build like the guys, none of them, they're wy too fragile for a match like that.. Those ladders are no joke... Guys get injured constantly in that type of match, it would be twice as bad for the woman.

I completely disagree. Firstly, the divas I mentioned have years and years of training in wrestling, have strong and firm bodies, and a fitness level much higher than that of the average women. Secondly, the ladders aren't really made of steel as they claim, I remember a match from a few years ago where a ladder broke into two awkwardly, showing that they are actually made of some fibrous material, so they won't hurt much. Thirdly, it's not like they will whack each other with full strength like in a real fight; all they will do is give a shove, and that won't hurt anyone... forget killing someone! It doesn't even have to feature more than a couple of typical hits with the ladder; just use it for climbing up. That's it. Finally, how good a wrestler is, is a critical factor behind how safe the match will be, for the wrestler and her opponents. Good wrestlers are even more crucial in a match like this, where both performance and safety are important priorities, yet not as easy to accomplish.
The divas don't do many high risk moves anyway, whether frog splashes or moonsaults or anything else, so the propensity of getting injured would also be lesser than those likely to go for high risk maneuvers using the ladder. I won't consider the chances of freak accidents (like the Joey Mercury case) because accidents can happen to anyone, in any match. So can injuries. Edge had to retire after a simple one-fall match.
Ultimately, the match quality might not be on par with their male counterparts; there might be lesser number of flashy moves, the match might not last as long... But it would be incorrect to simply assume that the current crop of divas just won't be able to pull it off without causing some catastrophe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back