• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is it just me, or is something off with Christian?

I_Like_All_Wrestling

Championship Contender
I don't know what it is, but something seems off with Christian to me. I keep wondering is it's something with his look. Is he smaller? Weird hair dye? Too tan? Is his style slowed down? IS he afraid of getting hurt? Or is it because he's not in a proper feud where he gets some mic time? I don't know.

I was always a huge Christian fan. Loved in my WWE and also loved him in TNA. But I can't help but feel that something is missing now.

Is it just me, or do you see something?

I hadn't noticed anything particularly unusual with Christian (other than my usual minor complaints, such as his entrance needing some pyro or something, and his boot lifts making his legs look freakishly long). I've found his matches and (few) promos since his return to be entertaining, although it wouldn't surprise me if he's got a little ring rust or is being a little more cautious. Of course, maybe it was just the crowds lack of interest in his match tonight, which would throw most people a little off of their game (and make matches seem worse than they are)? Which, to be fair, came on the heels of that god awful "job evaluation" segment, which seemed to suck some of the life out of the building.

He does look a little bit smaller, but, thats the only thing that I can really see thats different. He seems to be performing as good if not better than he ever has before. I've enjoyed everything that he's done since his return and can't wait to see where they go with him after Money in the Bank.

If he seems off, it's probably because management hasn't figured out what to do with him yet. One week, he does face stuff; the next week, he does heelish stuff, like calling himself the best when he's surrounded by guys who are way better. Management needs to figure out what they want to do with him and let him get back into his groove. Otherwise, he's just going to get lost in the shuffle.

I think he's a good 15 to 20 pounds lighter then he was. I think he's been doing the ddp yoga system, like chris Jericho.

Well, I'll tell you his first problem tonight was his tron entrance said he was Michael McGillicutty! :lmao:

Yes though, I feel something is a little off with him too. I think one of the problems is after having been gone for so long he needed some kind of refresh, it could be something as small as new ring gear, or something as big as a new theme, tattoos, new finisher, etc. The thing is, he came back with no changes at all, he's even still wearing that stupid CH Vital Element shirt that doesn't fit his personality in the least. I think he just seems kind of lost in the shuffle, but they are still treating him like someone important, which leaves him in a really strange place on the card. I'd say most of us like him well enough, or at least respect all his years in the company, but at the same time he doesn't really have anything to do at the moment, so wherever he is placed feels somewhat forced and not as thought its part of any natural storyline progression. I'm legit excited for RVD's return because of all the promos, it feels like he's there for a reason...to win MITB again. Christian's return was nothing more than a cheap pop that contributed to a great episode of Raw, but he's needed more. Hopefully after MITB is over and they can assume with real feuds, he'll get worked in to a program with someone that will give him some direction and purpose.

I'm still trying to figure out how he got so popular on the internet in the first place. Once I solve that mystery I'll look into why he seems to have lost a step now days. He's currently booked in something being billed as an "All star" match and seems quite out of place. Daniel Bryan is supposed to be the underdog character but he looks like a pretty safe bet next to Christian who is probably only in the match because the WWE let the IWC trick them into thinking Christian is actually over with the majority of fans. But back to the original question. He's older, slower, still goofy looking and just got pwnd on RAW.

He's older, slower, still goofy looking and just got pwnd on RAW.

Pretty much, yes. It's significant that the "welcome back push" he got is seemingly done & dusted. He got a few victories under his belt and I thought management would be letting that continue for awhile.....but no.

He still looks pretty much the same (as far as not letting his weight balloon while out of action) but he appears to have spent zero time in the weight room during his hiatus and looks less imposing than the guys he's in the ring with.

Plainly, Creative didn't bring him back with any great plans in mind, He's probably lucky to be in the MITB match at all, and I'm doubting he'll win it.

But, hey! He's back, it's good to see his familiar face.....and I'm sure he'll serve as a decent steppingstone for guys on their way up the ladder.

I believe Christian was at his hottest when he first went to TNA. That was when he was a commodity. He was on his way to becoming a legit main-eventer in WWE, but became a World Champion in TNA.

It's been years since that time, and I don't think he's changed a bit since that time. He's lost his value IMO and seems to be scrapping up whatever he has left of his career. I say he could be useful for only putting the younger talent over, but other than that, I don't think he has anything else to bring to the table.

Christian's main problem has and seems to always will be the fact he's boring.

I beg to differ, his TLC matches in the past were huge fun and some nice senseless violence/ He's also pretty entertaining on the mic.

As for Christian, I've not really noticed anything majorly wrong with him personally, it's probably the booking. You guys have to realise that he's in the home stretch of his career now and this is the time where he has to put people over. One last title run wouldn't hurt at all, but it doesn't change the fact that he's getting on. That's probably why his winning streak was so brief, so he could give The Shield a rub.

Although, if I'm being perfectly honest, Kane didn't need the win against him, especially if he was going to be attacked by the Wyatt Family afterwards. Christian now has little momentum going into MITB, and it's fairly obvious that Kane isn't going to win with the Wyatt Family attack, so both men lose.

I don't see a big problem. He's getting older, so he's lost a step or two in the ring, but I don't see any major problems.

Were you expecting Christian to come back and be a strong contender in the WWE or WHC pictures? After his great feud with Orton a few years ago, I could see why someone would feel that way, but Christian's time in any world title pictures in WWE is over. Sure, he's in the MITB match, but let's be honest. We all know he's the one guy, who doesn't have a chance in hell at winning. He's just there to give more credibility to the "All-Star" concept for Raw's MITB ladder match. That's it.

Christian should be used to put over younger talent, and WWE can always play up the fact a young up-and-comer just beat a seasoned veteran and former world champion. Maybe he'll make a few appearances in the WHC picture as a chaser, but I don't expect him to wear the strap again, because for Christian, that time period has come and gone.

I'd say things will get back into the norm for Christian once MITB is over with. Christian just very recently made his return and is part of the WWE Championship MITB match. As with the other competitors in the match, Christian doesn't have a particular feud except with the general feeling of competition towards those other participants.

After MITB is over with, Christian will almost certainly get back into the flow of things with a US title feud with Dean Ambrose or with Curtis Axel over the IC title. At this point in his career, when it SEEMS like the wear & tear might be starting to take its toll, putting over younger guys is a perfect use for Christian. He's still got lots of talent and I do think he could have been a main eventer in WWE a loooong time ago. However, what's done is done. He turns 40 late this year and with so many fresh talents on the main and NXT roster; it's not at all out of the realm of possibility that the best days of his career are behind him.

He's coming off the back of more than over a year without a regular in-ring schedule. What do you expect him to be like?

Even when Shawn Michaels returned in 2002 he wasn't really doing what he was known for until WrestleMania 19 with Chris Jericho. It takes time for these guys to get back into the swing of things, the only way to really get in ring shape is be in the ring and with every match he'll get more accustomed to it again. His main challenge should be to reach the height he was at in his feud with Randy Orton, which may be impossible at this stage.

It would have been better if they changed Christian's theme music as soon as he made his return by changing it back to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEVnnolZUE

But also it would have been better if Christian were given a huge push right away and hey if they wanted Ziggler to go face they could have just had Christian go heel again, a Christian/Ziggler feud

To me it just looks like he lost the drive. Looking at him I dont see him as the champion right now. Maybe its ring rust or maybe he doesnt want to get injured again.
I hope im wrong because CC is one of the best.

Try this for being "off". You're booked to take part in an "All Star MitB" match on Sunday, so the Monday before you're booked to face another of the competitors - so far, so standard... but (and this is were your enthusiasm might wain) you are booked to not look overly competitive against another guy who very few people would give any chance to winning said PPV match. Now, not only are you handily beat by the guy's second best finishing move but it apparently has such a devastating effect on you that you are incapable of helping him out MINUTES later when he is outnumbered by the new heel group on the block who, better still, look like they've knocked him out of the PPV match that this victory was (theoretically) a momentum builder for... :wtf:

Seriously, if they were going to write Kane out of the PPV why couldn't they have let Christian get a roll up win and then have the Wyatt's attack him as he threw a strop afterwards? Or have the Wyatt's interupt the bout and attack both of them?

Christian has been booked in the weakest manner possible here (compare him to Sheamus or Randy who both had extremely competitive matches they could have as easily won as lost)... to me, that'd make anyone look a tad "off".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back