• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is He Back ???

Thank you! At least some people see how this isn't a good idea. I mean cmon, WM24, he went out with a bang. Hell of a match. They even dedicated the last 15mins of Raw the week of WM and had all the wrestlers come out and show respect to him. But for him to keep popping up unannounced all because hhh keeps crying to Vince for Ric to make a cameo just shits on everything that happened last year. He's like the Michael Jordan of the WWE. He can't stay away. All this bringing Flair back because Raw's ratings are down, and it sadly came down to Vince giving into his son n law, and bring back Flair for cheap pops and higher ratings. Flair, I respect u and I respect what you've done over the years, but your time is done. Time to move on.

And What was the point of the retirement angle?, the great goodbye with a huge portion of the roster?, seriously can people in this industry stay retired?, Mick was supposed to retire what happened? he got the TNA title and is doing nothing with it.

Alot of guys attempt to retire and they end up coming back and start pissing on their legacy, I dont like this at all, if hes there to manage batista fine, but dont piss on the legacy!!!

Ortan is supposed to be the dominate heel on Raw and they are making him look like a coward when the guy is white hot, and Flair cleaning house?, why why is that even possible when the legacy is supposed to be the dominate faction, did you see any old timers attempt to take out Evolution? Or DX Or even the Hart foundation....NO

If this does lead to an in ring return then Flair will be officially an idiot, he doesnt need one last run and the WWE doesnt need him attempting to get himself over.

Seriously stay retired and do ring of honor shows and get big paydays doing shoot interviews, you dont need to go in the ring and prove to everyone why old age wrestlers should stay retired and let the young guys do their thing.

Alright, Gotta comment on this one. First of all, what is all this talk about mid-carders not being elevated? Bullshit. How can they right now? Kofi can't cut a promo to save his life, Matt Hardy has pretty much proven that he belongs in mid-card, MVP is already being prepped for a upper card run, Rhodes and Dibiase are in the main event on EVERY raw right now, and also holding their own as they did in the handicap match.....so What the hell do people keep going on and on and on about mid carders being pissed on? They have to EARN it.....and guess what, Ric Flair has EARNED the right to do whatever he wants until he decides it is over. Yes, great retirement and send off, but let's face it....Flair can still cut a promo better than almost anyone, he can still wrestle and be entertaining. and is that not what the WWE is? Entertainment? Stop taking the retirement so damn seriously. Shawn Michaels feelings will not be hurt.Promise. I think he is gonna stick around for a few more shows, maybe even turn heel......who knows.

Ric Flair has dedicated his life to the wrestling business so he can do whatever he wants. After that great retirement ceremony after Wrestlemania 24, it just doesn't seem right coming back as I don't know about his financial situations. I can see him wrestling a match or two here or there just like Mick Foley did.

Here's a clip from a news story about Flair, and it pretty much states why he's back.

According to sources in WWE, Ric Flair is open to wrestling again and the company see's him coming out of retirement as less of a big deal than most fans do. The feeling is that although it may tarnish his his great sendoff, WWE would rather have him wrestle under their watch as opposed to ROH or TNA. He is currently dealing with alimony and Reid's drug issues.
As reported, Flair has signed a short term deal taking him through the Extreme Rules PPV.

So, it's pretty clear that Flair isn't returning because he loves the business, he's returning out of need. Seems like his family pretty much screwed him over and backed him into a corner where he must go on and earn the cash the only way he knows how, and that's performing. It's not an issue if he still can or can't wrestle, the point is that he has to, it doesn't matter if it's the WWE or TNA or ROH or even the local gym, he's forced to try and squeeze every penny his name can get just to keep his head above water. Kinda makes you feel bad for the guy.

Peace out.

Well he wanted to return so looks like he got his wish. To be honest, it was a good enough way to return. If he returned and it was involving HBK, it could have been more stale than anything. At least he's back with Batista, which can evoke memories of Evolution. As long as he doesn't wrestle, I think his return will be fine. He could make a great manager, but I know he wants to wrestle. He can do run-ins, but I wouldn't give him a match. Too old.

unfortunately it looks like Flair might be returning this monday. wwe.com is advertising a fifth "player" for the ten man tag match, and not to criticize wwe's subtlety but the "dirtiest player in the game" may just be tarnishing his send off this week.

First of all with Flair possibly coming back, does this not seem like everything Jericho said in is WM feud be true, some old guys just can't give it up. But this is true in all sports.

Now what I wouldn't mind seeing is this week Flair comes out to the ring and calls out Orton, and just has Orton is about to beat up Flair, Batista comes down for the save only to have Flair turn on him, and joins up with legacy as there manager.

This way it keeps Flair retired from wrestling but allows him to remain on TV

First of all with Flair possibly coming back, does this not seem like everything Jericho said in is WM feud be true, some old guys just can't give it up. But this is true in all sports.

Now what I wouldn't mind seeing is this week Flair comes out to the ring and calls out Orton, and just has Orton is about to beat up Flair, Batista comes down for the save only to have Flair turn on him, and joins up with legacy as there manager.

This way it keeps Flair retired from wrestling but allows him to remain on TV

That would be the best scenario possible, I would turn Flair at the PPV though, and he could easily be what JJ Dillon was for the 4 Horsemen for Legacy and Orton, they need a 4th member though, and Batista should join them next. Flair's heel turn could be easily explained by having him blame McMahon for forcing him to retire. With him on a manager role, he can stay on the payroll and on TV without wrestling, that would help him out financially, and it would be interesting to see if Flair still has it on the mic as a heel, although, it would be very, very hard for him to get booed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back