• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is ecw wwe`s ?

Mavericks fan

Formerly Hippiedog
I think ECW is wwe`s place where they can:
1.push new talents
(example.Yoshi Tatsu,Sheamus...)and try giving them upper midcard status
2.try to push older talents(Regal,Goldust...)
3.change superstar gimmick`s(this happens rarely,but it happened to Zack Ryder)
4.try to keep great wrestlers with who they don`t know what to do(Shelton Benjamin is the finest example of it,then goes Kozlov and Ezkeil Jackson)

My point is,if ECW split on Raw and SD!,the only possible main eventers would be Dreamer and Christian

1.push new talents
4.try to keep great wrestlers with who they don`t know what to do(Shelton Benjamin is the finest example of it,then goes Kozlov and Ezkeil Jackson)

My point is,if ECW split on Raw and SD!,the only possible main eventers would be Dreamer and Christian

Yh you've got a point, but ecw is smaller, it has one title, it's only an hour long and is generally less significant and wwe need a place to do the things you said so it's obviously gonna be ecw, i would like to see a few more debuts on raw and smackdown, bt the thing which annoys me about ecw is the amount of jobbing that goes on. It's very un-entertaining for us to see kozlov coming out week after week nailing some local dude, we all know he's gonna win!

Christian could maybe be a main eventer on Smackdown! right now, paticularly f Jeff Hardy leaves as he's speculated to. However its been said beforre that WWE sees Christian as 'just a midcarder'. A midcarder elsewhere is a main eventer on ECW (there World Title match is Christian vs. William Regal).

Dreamer on the other hand is a jobber in ECW. He'd be lucky to even feature if he were drafted to Raw or Smackdown!. That said, he'd probably main event in TNA.

You're pretty spot on with your assessment with what ECW is at the moment. Its a place for new stars to mature and gain exposure, and for established workers to regain their momentum (like Kozlov). I think the older talent like Regal and Goldust are there more to benefit the new talent that themselves. Guys like these are a little late in the game to be pushed into the main event (no-one say DDP ;)).

Originally Posted By Hippiedog:
1.push new talents

Yep, I agree with you there for sure. I think this is ECW's primary focus and one of the main reasons for its existence....that's why the show is in fact important because it allows the fans to become accustomed to new talents. Plus, it stops people being put on RAW and Smackdown and getting totally buried before they even begin...

Yeh this tends to happen as well and as you say we are seeing it occur with people like Regal and Goldust. Also, I think it's about putting some recognizable faces on ECW so that fans of those performers will tune into the show and ultimately discover the new people.

I suppose so, it doesn't always happen but true enough it did with Zack Ryder...and Kozlov to a lesser extent.

Personally, I don't mind Shelton being on the show...I like Shelton but he needs to discover what he's going to become on ECW...if he's able to do that then maybe he will recieve another crack on RAW or SD (but he's had chances on both and hasn't really done anything with them) . I think ECW is where Kozlov should rightfully be and where he should remain for the time being, he was pushed down our thoats' too soon and people weren't (by in large) willing to accept him. Again, as with Benjamin he could receive the call up to one of the other shows...especially if they run out of monsters.

i dont think that new superstars should be restricted to only debut on ecw. having some1 debut on smackdown or raw would help elevate them. it would show that they are better than the other new stars because they went to a main show right away and not ecw

i dont think that new superstars should be restricted to only debut on ecw. having some1 debut on smackdown or raw would help elevate them. it would show that they are better than the other new stars because they went to a main show right away and not ecw

The WWE does not have the option to do this. They are using RAW for the entertainment factors where the Main Event matches occur whilst SmackDown is grooming the superstars of tomorrow. ECW, is a place where the past & the future are combating each other to teach the developmental guys what its like to work as a mainstream wrestler. It is better off that they go to the smallest WWE audience first to try and gain some exposure before going to RAW/SD to see if what their skills bring to the table are sufficient enough for the boost to the other brands.

Anyway, to the original poster. You are one-hundred percent correct about th ECW brand. It is basically the developmental brand for the WWE superstars in the mainstream TV spotlight. It is absolutely amazing to see the matches & feuds they can come up with the veterans & the superstars from the talent initatives program.

Your on the spot. ECW is exactly what you just mentioned, and that's good. This place is the only place where you can watch wrestling and get to see fresh talent grow. I dont think Vince expected did nor does he care. But the fact is that this ECW is better to watch if you just want your average wrasslin match. If you want drama go watch Raw. If you want both stick with Smackdown. But I prefer this one because the booking is decent and I always love to see new talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back