• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is Cody Deaner TNA's Hornswoggle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Powers

Bulletproof Tiger
I've been watching the "Giver" over the last few weeks with his whole gimmick with ODB and fighting the Knockouts. Well, smacking their behinds and kissing them. I think Deaner is pretty much TNA's version of Hornswoggle. He isn't a Leprechaun or does he appeal to kids. I really don't know who Deaner appeals to, to be honest. I do think this gimmick might be around for a while and I hope it isn't shoved down the viewers throats like Hornswoggle and Chavo.

I could really do without Deaner, I guess he has some fans. I understand TNA needs some comedy relief but they have Foley, JB, and The MCMG. I really hope that TNA doesn't milk a Deaner/ODB feud too long. I just don't see anything in this guy, he isn't a great wrestler or has a great look. The good thing is his skits and matches are usually pretty short.

What do you think? Do you like Deaner and think he has a place in TNA? or do you think he has worn out his welcome with his whole gimmick fighting women wrestlers?

One thing I have to admit is that he has the best gimmick for a worker, because he gets to kiss and spank Knockouts all day.

Deaner sucks. He's just as useless as Hornswoggle. It didn't work in the WWE when Harvey Whimpleman tried to fight with women, dress as a woman, or do whatever he did as far as the women went. Santino was funny for about a week as Santina wrestling with the women. Then it grew old. Deaner is no different. He needs to be TNA's version of "future endevoured."

Cody Deaner is terrible & just flat out annoying. I mean hell what exactly is the use for this guy? Hmmm I can't think of one. If history has taught us somethin', it's that a man fighting for womens titles, cross dressing & other crap related to that does not work & it's pretty much a failure. At least his segments aren't too long, but TNA needs to can his ass & just do somethin' that can benefit them in the future instead of this crap.

I would compare him to Santino more than Hornswaggle, especially with this feud with the Knockouts (Santina). He's comic relief, and he's not THAT bad. I'd just rather a real feud without him than this, but I guess even total nonstop action needs to take a break from action. Especially with the loss of Angelina Love, the Knockouts have lost their leading storyline, and in a way having Deaner in the ring makes the Knockouts look tougher, simply because he's a man (using that word loosely). This last episode, Tara kicked his ass, and he won because of Awesome Kong. He didn't actually do anything besides win and collect "heat" (using that word loosely because it seems nobody cares either way). He's just Santino and will probably be cut eventually because he's no where near the ability (mic/ring/etc) of Santino, and not even close to as entertaining.

I did find the PPV match where he won very entertaining though, but was less impressed by the Impacts to follow. He'll be gone soon.

Ok, I think that Cody Deaner sucks. I don't wanna see him PRETEND to be a knockout competer. Really??? I recorded TNA and it cut off Deaner vs. Tara. IDK how it ended but still... He is useless, even in this whole fight. Plus, I thought it was a NIGHT with ODB. I was even at that PPV, why is he still here????????? i hope that he faces a huge dude like Kevin or Abyss and finallf loses.

Cody Deaner is in a class of shittacular all his own. I can't compare him to Santino or Hornswoggle because it'd be doing a discredit to the both of them. There are times when both Horny and Santino have been pretty entertaining, Santino especially. There are times they make me laugh, whereas Cody Deaner consistently makes me think exactly why TNA is wasting precious airtime with this guy before I change the channel.

Cody Deaner is an outdated amalgam of every negative southern stereotype from his clothes, to the way he speaks, to the "I'm so cocky that I have no idea how stupid I am" attitude and, of course, the mullet. Now, 20-25 years ago, Cody Deaner would be a phenom in wrestling. Now, he's just annoying. Being a southerner myself, I could forgive all the negativity surrounding his character if he were the least bit funny, or even remotely entertaining.

I really hope he doesn't win the women's championship. I can't stand the thought of this Deaner/ODB feud going on much longer. The guy is not funny or entertaining at all, and his shrieking puberty voice is just annoying as hell. A few months back when ODB was training The Deaner for wrestling, I thought it was funny. Now I can't stand to see him.

Deaner is comic relief, plain and simple, although you have to admit, he is over with the crowd. We will see if he has any future because I believe ODB's contract is coming up soon and if she's not re-signed, there's no point for Deaner to be there, unless he joins Jesse Neal and is taken under Team 3D's wing to become a real "wrestler".

I don't think he's Hornswoggle...yet. He hasn't been shoved down our throats every week like Hornswoggle and Chavo and their lame, stipulation match of the week. He's part of a storyline that seems makes sense, a "non-wrestler" training to face ODB by facing other knockouts. I didn't say it was a good storyline, but it's a plausible one. Let's hope this all ends at the PPV and let the knockouts division move on and forget that this ever happened.

Deaner is comic relief, plain and simple, although you have to admit, he is over with the crowd.

So is Hornswoggle, he often gets pretty big pops when he comes out on Raw. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a good thing. Yes, we all know that Deaner is comic relief. The point of being comic relief though is that you're funny. Cody Deaner is a walking abortion with a mullet and a skoal ring in the back pocket of his jeans.

I don't think he's Hornswoggle...yet.

You're right, he's not. There have been times when Hornswoggle has been funny and entertaining.

He hasn't been shoved down our throats every week like Hornswoggle and Chavo and their lame, stipulation match of the week. He's part of a storyline that seems makes sense, a "non-wrestler" training to face ODB by facing other knockouts. I didn't say it was a good storyline, but it's a plausible one. Let's hope this all ends at the PPV and let the knockouts division move on and forget that this ever happened.

He hasn't been shoved down our throats? What about all the times that TNA has featured him with ODB with Mick Foley going on some ******ed rant as to why he's "King of the Knockouts" week after week? Couple that with that farce of a match he and Tara had last night, and you're looking at something that has very much been shoved down the throat of the TNA audience. As bad as Hornswoggle/Chavo is, at least the WWE doesn't put them on a pay per view. People are going to pay good money for a TNA ppv and part of that money is to see the abomination that is Cody Deaner wrestle for a women's championship. A few people have asked before if it can get any worse and the answer is yes. It'll get worse if TNA goes so far as to have Cody Deaner win the match, thereby destroying the knockout title and basically shitting all over the women's division in general.

If we were to compare Deaner to anybody in the WWE, I'd have to say the comparison is closer to Jamie Noble, and I think after he gets his ass handed to him by the Knockouts, we'll see just as much of Deaner on TNA as we do of Noble on WWE. While I think that's a shame in the case of Noble, with Deaner...well as they currently use him, he's a bit of an embarrassment. He lives like most jobbers do, existing to be destroyed, and he does a good job of it. Have to admit, he's not got much in terms of wrestling ability...but he sells pain real well. He's got the kind of face that can show every aspect of agony and that, and his vignettes, is where his talent lies.

I know he'll never be anything remotely approaching a dominant wrestling figure, but on the other hand, he's still salvageable in my opinion. I voiced in detail what I think should be done with him in my thread about giving Deaner a push and still think it could work, but there's something else that was mentioned earlier by Pedro08, having 3D take him on. This could actually work. He'd probably fit in with them, especially given that "Little" Spike Dudley (Anybody but me remember him?) is gone and there's always been that void left behind by the littlest Dudley. I think Deaner's perfect for filling that role.

hornswoggle definitely has more charisma but hs is a midget . im not happy with deaner in tna but i think (at least i want) there to be more to him. only time will tell but gotta GIVE IT UP FOR THE MULLET!!!!!

He hasn't been shoved down our throats? What about all the times that TNA has featured him with ODB with Mick Foley going on some ******ed rant as to why he's "King of the Knockouts" week after week? Couple that with that farce of a match he and Tara had last night, and you're looking at something that has very much been shoved down the throat of the TNA audience. As bad as Hornswoggle/Chavo is, at least the WWE doesn't put them on a pay per view. People are going to pay good money for a TNA ppv and part of that money is to see the abomination that is Cody Deaner wrestle for a women's championship. A few people have asked before if it can get any worse and the answer is yes. It'll get worse if TNA goes so far as to have Cody Deaner win the match, thereby destroying the knockout title and basically shitting all over the women's division in general.

How long has that been going on? A couple of weeks? Like I said, it's not a great storyline, but it's a build-up to the pay per view. (I only wish they gave Homicide this much build-up to his X-division championship match with Samoa Joe at the last PPV.) I agree, that the match probably should not be on the PPV and it would be stupid to have him win the belt, which destroys the credibility of the knockouts division. However, I highly doubt that people are going to decide whether or not to buy the PPV based on the knockouts championship match alone, not with the other matches that are on the card.

As for Hornswaggle and Chavo, how long has that been going on and what's the point? What is it building towards? They threw Evan Borne in there, so maybe thats where their going. But basically, since WWE is PG-13 now, they have replaced the standared bra & panties match with a "let's see how the guest host of the week can get Hornswaggle to humiliate Chavo" match.

I think it is clear that Deaner is complete and total shit. He obviously isn't any good in the ring, and even though he's a comedy character, he isn't really funny. There is no reason why he should be taking TV time away from guys like MCMG or Lethal Consequences, who are both more talented and funnier than Cody Deaner by far. He is pretty much worthless.

As far as the Hornswoggle comparison, I don't think that's quite right. Deaner is being built up as an actualy threat and is sort of/kinda the Knockout's Champion right now. He even has a title match at No Surrender. I would classify him more as a Santino like character, except for Santino is actually somewhat talented and is way funnier. So, pretty much what I'm saying is, if Deaner was sent to the Moon and never seen again, I'd have no problem with it.

I'm not sure what the point in Cody Deaner is really. He was kind of remotely funny in the first segments when he was dating ODB, but since then he has been absolutely dog shit in every way shape and form. He isn't remotely amusing, nor does he have any ring skill, so why they are pushing him is beyond me. Even fucking Shark Boy was better than this, wasn't he? Seriously, I can't see Deaner sticking around any longer, because I don't know who he is there for. At least Hornswoggle has an obvious demographic that he appeals to.

Deaner is a glorified Vince Russo-character creation. He's too over-the-top with his acting, his storylines are horrific, and he's just annoying all-around. Now, if I had to compare him to someone, I'd say that TNA is attempting to make him into their version of Santino Marella, but he's winding up looking like Hornswoggle. Obviously, he doesn't hold a candle to Santino in terms of entertainment. But he's an abomination to the sport of professional wrestling in every other way.

I don't believe he's reached the wasted television time status of Hornswoggle yet, but he's surely on his way.

It's just another reason why TNA just plain sucks out loud.

He is terrible but rednecks make me laugh...So at least I get something out of him. I think he is just as annoying as hornswoggle but he wastes more space :p.

Get rid of him!!

I can really even believe that this is an actual thread, but I guess that seeing as how I am waiting for the milk of magnesia that I took a couple of hours ago to kick in that I will go ahead and bite and toss in my two cents on the whole argument.

Cody Deaner. Where to start. Where to start. For one, I can't even believe that with the huge late 90's movement that took such great mullets away from us far too soon such as DDP, Beautiful Bobby Eaton, and Marty Jannetty(well Marty dug his out of the dumpster and glued it back on hoping Shawn would call him), that there is even a guy out there sporting one. I mean didn't they say that the mullets made them all look like 80's indy wrestlers or something like that? But you know what, I'm not going to hate. Shit I'll even give he guy some extra character points for having the balls to come out on tv with a a classic AWA Scott Hall mullet and wear it with pride instead of going with the all too overly used redneck razor shave like you often see Jamie Noble use.

As far as his gimmick goes, I wouldn't necessarily liken it to Hornswoggle. For one, he would actually need someone to help him get up on the toilet to take a shit and be paired with every other loser with a sorry assed underutlized loser gimmick on the show(yeah Bourne, I'm callin you out) just to even be in the same fruitless league as the former little bastard. I mean shit, Hornswoggle didn't even come into the WWE with a worthwhile gimmick to begin with. He was what, a ring troll? Deaner is at least know as the guy who got to fuck ODB, or vice versa. And trust me dude, in person she is hotter than shit. On tv, it doesn't really come across as good.

But if you really need to compare Deaners level of patheticosity(new word!) to anybody in the WWE, I would liken it more to Santino. I mean they both play guys who were heavy into the divas/knockouts with their storylines. I mean, even before Santina came along, his storylines were still usually centered around the divas. So Deaner is TNA's version of Santino. I just hope that he will be gone after this story is over as I donb't se him having a serviceable future in TNA. Not even as a jobber. Well not unless he and Shark Boy form a comedy tag team. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back