Is CM Punk really"straight edge"

Mrs.Miz

Dark Match Winner
I've heard from various sources that yes he does indeed live a sraght edge lifestyle. However in Chris Jericho's book "Undisputed", there's a story about Punk being drunk on his flight, how could that possibly be?

I always wondered this as my brother says he looks like an extreme pot head. We are both major stoners (me not so much anymore) so you can always spot a pot head a million miles away. But, I don't think he is but I would also like to really know to since my brother thinks he isn't and I think he is.

My opinion is he is truly Straight Edge.

I always wondered this as my brother says he looks like an extreme pot head. We are both major stoners (me not so much anymore) so you can always spot a pot head a million miles away. But, I don't think he is but I would also like to really know to since my brother thinks he isn't and I think he is.

My opinion is he is truly Straight Edge.

Just because someone looks like they might smoke pot doesn't mean they do... If you look up pictures of most of the bands that started the straight edge movement like Minor Threat they might look like stereotypical stoner's. They're not though. Don't judge a book by its cover.

In regards too Punk yea he is. I haven't read Jerichos book but I'm guessing you've misunderstood it because I'm pretty sure if that had come out there would have been some reaction to it.

I remember in that infamous Matt and Jeff Hardy shoot where they were drunk/stoned at a diner, Jeff mentioned C.M.Punk took some (insert name of medication here) to sleep.

Plus, although he drinks Pepsi, people argue that's a drug as it contains Caffeine.

So maybe he isn't as Straight Edge or Drug Free as his tattoos say he is?

Just because someone looks like they might smoke pot doesn't mean they do... If you look up pictures of most of the bands that started the straight edge movement like Minor Threat they might look like stereotypical stoner's. They're not though. Don't judge a book by its cover.

In regards too Punk yea he is. I haven't read Jerichos book but I'm guessing you've misunderstood it because I'm pretty sure if that had come out there would have been some reaction to it.

Dude I don't think he does drugs so why you telling me not to judge a book by its cover? If you clearly read what I wrote you can see the clear statement of me saying I think Punk is Straight Edge. Bleeding Through is a straight edge band too.

I remember in that infamous Matt and Jeff Hardy shoot where they were drunk/stoned at a diner, Jeff mentioned C.M.Punk took some (insert name of medication here) to sleep.

Plus, although he drinks Pepsi, people argue that's a drug as it contains Caffeine.

Sorry to over post on the thread but straight edge covers tobacco, alcohol and illegal drugs. Yea caffeine's a drug and some straight edgers won't drink it but that's kind of the equivalent of being a vegan rather than a vegetarian. The same goes for prescription medication to combat illness etc (not over the counter stuff) some won't take them. I saw the Hardy thing and I'm sure Punk addressed it but I don't pay that much attention to what he says but it may well have been prescription medication.

Edit:
Oh and RKOtheWorld I wasn't meaning to insult you, sorry if it came across that way, was just in reference to you being able to spot a pot head a million miles away. I know plenty of people who smoke pot and look nothing like your stereotypical stoner.

According to Wikipedia (consider the source), his father was an abusive alcoholic and after hearing that alcoholism can be hereditary, Punk vowed never to drink or do drugs because he didn't want to be anything like his father.

Punk is indeed straight edge. Maria Kanellis said he definitely is straight edge and she'd know since she dated him.

I think the reference in Jericho's book was when he called someone "CM Drunk" but I don't think he was talking about Punk.

According to Wikipedia (consider the source), his father was an abusive alcoholic and after hearing that alcoholism can be hereditary, Punk vowed never to drink or do drugs because he didn't want to be anything like his father.

His father wasn't abusive. He says in an interview that his father never layer a hand on him or his mother.

And i doubt he'd constantly preach that he's straight edge for over ten years to turn out to not be straight edge. He'd have to be the biggest asshole/dick in the world to do that. Plus, what would be the point?

The drugs Jeff mentioned was ambient. It's a perscription pills to go to sleep. I believe straightedge people can use prescription medication as long as you don't abuse it. However even if it's true or not, who believes meth hardy? And who doesn't need to sleep?

I was at a house party of a girl that CM Punk considers a sister. There was a Raw in St. Louis that Monday so he was at her house during a house party that she was having. There were a ton of girls there and all of them pratically begged him to have just one drink with them. He continually regfused though. He did bar-b-que for all of us and did a little bit of wrestling around, told some WWE stories to me while I sat and talked to him till like 3 or 4 in the morning. He is definetly an insomniac that is for sure. We were up until 4 in the morning that Sunday, and he left Monday morning in order to start getting ready for the Raw taping in which he had a little promo to do with JBL. One of the best nights ever for this wrestling mark.

He also was the first to tell me about Randy Orton rebreaking his collar bone, because he got the text from Randy while he was grilling me a chicken breast. Awesome!

Of course he is, I've seen a few interviews with his former girlfriend Maria. Yeah... she does interviews. Well I believe two, and that allmost exact question was brought up. She said he is totaly commited to it 100%, but dosen't force it on anyone. He has friends who drink and smoke. But he just won't do it.

I personally think it's a great thing, alot of storys go around about heavy drug use in the indi curcut. I had my doubts at first, but this really seems to be the story all around.

Punk is a legit part of the Straight Edge movement. I have read interviews he's done where he talks about how he never drinks and will not get high. The man has "drug free" tatoo'ed to himself as well as a soda logo to show his support for drinks that do not contain alcohol. I recall reading somewhere that he had backstage heat at one point for refusing to have beer with the other guys once. Punk is Straight Edge in real life because he practices what his character preaches, he just doesn't judge or force it on others like his heel self did. He is a good role model for this in my opinion. We need more people to look up to who have safer lifestyle choices.

CM Punk is very straight edge from what I've heard. Interviews with Maria (who dated Punk for a time) confirmed this and said straight up he was a very Straight Edge person. I heard he does like to go to parties and has no issues with others drinking and doing drugs he just chooses not to, apparently he just likes to joke around and laugh at people who are often drunk. Of course none of us really know, Jericho could have been telling the truth or Punk was acting odd one day so he just assumed Punk was drunk when he really wasn't. If you're not there its impossible to know.

If you want to get technical though he "technically" isn't straight edge because he enjoys Pepsi and coffee. Both are "technically" considered drugs as people can become dependent on them if they drink too much (I'm sure we have all seen the people who can't function without caffeine). If you want to be a dick about it (I'm looking at you Gregory Helms) he "technically" isn't but he doesn't drink, he doesn't do drugs so I would say he is straight edge.

Punk is straight-edge, and I like how one of the posters a few posts back mentioned that it was kind of like being a Vegan/Vegitarian. Some straight edge people are so straight edge they wont have sex, drink caffine, or even take vitamins.

Wrestling is a lot different than it once was, most wrestlers for the most part are VERY clean. Looking at the indy scene there are so many top-tier indy guys who wont touch anything. Now I wouldnt call them Straight Edge but a guy like Daniel Bryan has said he has never taken a drink of Alcohol in his life.

I do not really care. I am guessing he is straight edge in real life...coming to this conclusion based on all the posts in this thread. I say I do not care not in a nasty way because if he is good on him..I couldn't be or would not want to be..I do not care in as much as if he turned out not to be straight edge I wouldn't feel cheated or be disapointed in anyway. I don't believe the Undertaker dies each time he "dies" but he will always be my favourite wrestling character..I know Kane wears a contact lense and Mick Foley never lived in a boiler room. Like I said I doubt in Punks case it is a gimmick and judging from the comments he is serious about the straight edge life style... good luck to him but either way I like him a lot and I am anything but straight edge.

The drugs Jeff mentioned was ambient. It's a perscription pills to go to sleep. I believe straightedge people can use prescription medication as long as you don't abuse it. However even if it's true or not, who believes meth hardy? And who doesn't need to sleep?

He should have just given himself a GTS. Then he wouldn't be accused of such things.

Seriously though, the dudes straight edge or an extremely good kayfaber.

Does he have straight edge tats?

His father wasn't abusive. He says in an interview that his father never layer a hand on him or his mother.

And i doubt he'd constantly preach that he's straight edge for over ten years to turn out to not be straight edge. He'd have to be the biggest asshole/dick in the world to do that. Plus, what would be the point?

You don't have to lay a hand on someone to be abusive.

I don't know Punk so I can't say for certain but he seems to be straight edge. I don't consider caffeine a drug. People can get addicted to the Internet but it doesn't make it a drug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back