Is Brock Lesnar the best in the game right now?

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
I'm in no way shape or form a MMA expert. I don't know that much about it but I followed Lesnar just to see what was going on. He's the Undisputed UFC Heavyweight Champion, he's proved he can hang with the best, i.e: Mir, Herring, Couture. He's 6'3? 260+ lbs, he's bigger than a normal heavyweight it seems, he's fast, he hits hard, he's got the wrestling down pat. He has that cockiness and that attitude you need to get by in such a rough sport, that intimidation factor, i'm not sure about any of you but if Lesnar stepped up to me and wanted to fight I damn sure wouldn't take him on. He's no longer that rookie who Mir made his bitch the first time he fought, he completely destroyed Mir at UFC 100 and let's be frank, his fight against Herring was over after that first punch. He went punch for punch, hold for hold against the Hall of Famer Randy Couture. Is he really the future of UFC? Post your opinions here.. whether you agree or disagree.

If this were pro wrestling, then he'd be the best in the game because he's currently the biggest draw in MMA. However, as far as being a fighter.... GSP, Fedor, Anderson Silva, among others are all way ahead of him, Pound 4 Pound. They've proven themselves time and time again, against the top talent in the World. And while Brock's wins over Mir, Couture, and Herring were all very impressive, it doesn't justify calling him the greatest Mixed Martial Artist in the World. If he continues down the path he's currently on, then in a couple of years you can claim that, but for now... he's just in the top 5 of best Heavyweights in the World and anyone ranking him above that is just wrong.

Right now do I think he's the best MMA fighter in the world? Hell no cause guys like Anderson Silva, GSP, Fedor among others are all miles & miles ahead of him cause pound for pound those three have proven themselves time & time again, against the top fighters in the game.

Now Lesnar's wins against Randy Couture, Frank Mir & Herring were impressive, but in my opinion it's way too early to call him the best in the game right now. Now if Brock continues down the path he's on & keeps doin what he's doin, then that claim can be made, but like JMT said.... for now he's just in the top 5 of the best heavyweights in the world & rankin him above that is just wrong.

Is he the future of UFC? Yes

Is he the best fighter in the world? Not at all

Yes Lesner is the unified heavy champion and defeated Couture, Mir, and Herring, but he he isn't as established as guys like Silva and Fedor. He has only had 5 fights. If he comes out time and time again and wins in the same fashion as he did his last few fights for a few years, then I would call him the best in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back