"IrishCanadian25, PHR"

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
For those of you who don't know, I've been prepping since July to taken a major exam administered by the Society for Human Resource Management, also known as "SHRM." The exam is for an HR certification - the "PHR" or "Professional of Human Resources."

Over the past 6 months, I have gone through a 12-week class with 6 exams and a final (passed all those and got a certificate from local Farleigh Dickinson University) in addition to 1300 pages of reading and more than 2000 practice questions. Knowing I was coming upon that test as well as other big things at work, I'd stepped down from my admin spot months prior.

Had TDigle not stepped up to help me so much with the music tournament, it wouldn't have gone on, or I'd have tried it and failed. As it is I'm not as heavy into it as I'd like to be, but that all ended yesterday.

I sat at a computer at a testing center (after turning out my pockets ad going through anti-cheating security measures) for 3+ hours and took the 255 question certification exam. I hit 'submit' and 10 minutes later I found out I'd passed the exam. One of the hardest - but most rewarding - experiences of my life.

This is an excerpt of what the certification means from the HRCI Website:

Earning your HR certification can give you a competitive edge in today’s economy. Take a look at the HR job postings. More and more job listings say HR certification is “required” or “preferred.”

When employers hire certified HR professionals, they also hire peace of mind that those staff members

have mastered the knowledge they need to manage the organization’s human resources
are staying current on changes to HR laws and core practices.

So, I am now IrishCanadian25, PHR. Feels good, glad its over.

Hopefully, with all that studying and BS behind me, I can refocus on some personal stuff. However, it could swing the other way. If this means a big promotion at work, it could put more on my plate. I dunno.

Over the next few weeks I will try to get more involved with my mentor program here, as well as the music tournament. Until then, thank you to TDigs for being a magnificent tag team partner, thanks to NorCal and D-Man for all of the personal support the past few weeks, and thanks to all of you for making Wrestlezone something I'll be glad to ejoy more now that all my stress is off my shoulders.

Happy new year! It's gonna be an AWESOME 2011!

Wow, congratulations IC! Fucking awesome slaving your way through stuff like this, and then to find out you pass. It's definitely a very rewarding experience.

Happy New Year dude!

Sounds like one hell of an accomplishment IC, bet it feels great to have all that testing out of the way and hopefully you'll be reaping the benefits in no time. Congratulations, and happy new year to you as well.

Tobyoffice.jpg

Congrats IC

congratulations IC, hopefully you get more out of your certification than I've gotten out of my A.A.S so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back