Int'l Region, Montreal Subregion, First Round: (8) Chris Jericho vs.(25)Gory Guerrero

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Chris Jericho

• Gory Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Montreal Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules. It will be held at Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

CentreBell.jpg

main_cjerico.jpg

#8. Chris Jericho

Vs.

01.jpg

#25. Gory Guerrero

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Another tough match up. Chris Jericho is a multiple time world champion, who as been involved in numerous high profile matches, but I've never seen him as a top era stars. All his title reigns were short, and even transitional at times. It's damn clear that he received the rub from working with others that were better than him, rather than being the guy that made everyone else look stronger by putting them over. Gory Guerrero was one of Mexico's top stars. Not to the level of Santo or Blue Demon, but he was seen as a better worker than both by the general public, and was toted for his skills.

I'm leaning towards Chris Jericho here, but I could probably be swayed. Killjoy, want to weigh in? Otherwise I'm withholding my vote for now.

I don't know very much about Gory but I have to throw my weight behind Jericho here. One now my favourite superstars of the modern Era who was pretty much did everything. A World Champion on multiple occasions, plenty of WrestleMania matches and moments, and one now the most entertaining talkers of all time. What's more, he took a long time to hone his craft in America, Europe, Japan and Mexico before finally settling in the WWE and forging his own legacy. He is one of the endearing and charismatic superstars ever and very, very good in the ring.

I'm sure Jericho will come up against more competitive opponents but I have a feeling that he goes over Gory quite easily here.

Gory Guerrero is not in the Bob Orton league of being celebrated for having a successful child, but he wouldn't be in this tournament if Eddie had been an estate agent. Jericho is ridiculously good at what he does, and his stock in this tournament is a little over the top, but the fact remains he has been the main guy in WWE briefly, and a major player for a long time. Gory was a solid hand, but he wasn't a megastar. Jericho wins.

Jericho is a very polarizing guy when it comes to opinions, and I think that's because he genuinely has fluctuated highly in the level of ability he's demonstrated through-out his career.

He was killing it when he shook off some of the shackles of his WCW heritage in his early 2000 run, being up there with Rock at times in terms of his popularity. He was also the top heel in WWE from '08 to '10 despite stiff competition from guys like Orton and Batista at that time.

He's also been very disappointing at time when he's returned recently.

I think he has the longevity and track record to see out Gory Guerrero here though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back