• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Interview with Hacksaw Jim Duggan

JimmyTehFreak

Dark Match Jobber
Recently my website, which does a wide range of videos relating to comedy, entertainment and nostalgia - were promoting our stuff at the Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo - and it turned out we were sharing a hotel with a few pro wrestling legends - we bought a couple rounds and had a few chats and a few actually agreed to sit down and chat with us on camera.

The following is freakandnitro.com's sitdown interview with WWE Hall of Famer Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Over the half hour chat we discussed a range of topics including growing up as a multi-athlete, breaking in with the Von Erichs, the fan that pulled a gun on him after a show, his history with the Hart Family, past gimmicks, how WCW tried to force him to quit, as well as short stories about Super Crazy and Owen Hart - and of course - to promote his new book Hacksaw: The Jim Duggan Story.. which admittedly was not his ideal title for the book.

You can see the full interview here - http://www.freakandnitro.com/2012/06/w4-shoot-interviews-hacksaw-jim-duggan.html

Hope you guys enjoy - we had a blast with him - easily makes the list of "one of the nicest guys you can meet", not to mention hilarious.

If you've got any feedback, even if it's how stupid and nerdy we appear - itll help us in future vids - we have a couple already shot with Sinn Bodhi and with Jake the Snake Roberts - which was the scariest hour of my life.

Wasnt a big Jim Duggan fan but was a good interview looking forward to the other 2 interviews...both the interviewers seemed a little nervous??? or was it just the beers making you a little quiet lol jk great job.

I enjoyed the interview. You guys look so relaxed chillin' on your comfy chairs. lol Hacksaw seems like a great ambassador for professional wrestling. It's nice to see a beloved wrestler with a story that isn't filled with a bunch of negativity and avoidable drama. Hopefully I'll get to see some more similar interviews by you both.

Cheers :beer:

thanks for the kind words guys - we were legit intimidated - an hour earlier we were talkin with jake and we were fearing the worst - we figured hacksaw wasn't going to be up for the interview because it was midnight sunday night and we all (him included) were flying out monday morning.

I'll be sure to post when the Roberts one comes up next week

And yeah it was a tough thing to get around because everybody has an idea on what a shoot is these days and we decided to purposefully go and do everything against a typical shoot - we made it seem more like a convention Q&A - like fans are asking the pro what we'd love to know - instead of setting up the camera and daring them to call someone out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back