Interactive - Your Hall of Fame Picks 2015

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Do you remember the emotion when Titus and Showtime David Cougar were inducted to the WZCW Hall of Fame only a few months ago? Do you remember the hairs standing on the back of your neck as both men delivered rousing speeches that only stood to vindicate the choice of putting them into the hallowed halls?

Well, now you can have your say! Who should join such illustrious company as Everest, Titus and Showtime Cougar in the WZCW Hall of Fame this year?

With so many deserving names to pick from, WZCW.com is interested to find out who the fans of the product are throwing their collective weight behind.

Just to be clear, I am just interested in who you think should go into the Hall of Fame this year. I am not saying that it will play into the actual choices of the Creative team; just thought it would be an interesting discussion.

Dave

I'll be throwing my weight behind Ty Burna 100%. On a second nomination, I'll be going with either Celeste Crimson or Big Dave...

No offense to Celeste Crimson and Big Dave and im a Celeste mark but Barbosa had a way bigger impact on the fed then both of them. Easily the best story teller we ever had. Plus Big Dave is overrated as fuck.

I'm not disputing that Barbosa should go in at some point but I don't think it's his year this year. Ty Burna is a certainty very likely. But Echelon has been doing this for a long, long time and should get the credit for it.

I'm not the most historically savvy guy in the Fed, but judging on how much their names get brought up I'd wager either Ty Burna or Steven Holmes. That and I'm a fan of both men.

Curious to see Strikeforce or Runn Reynolds Runn go in one year.

I'm not the most historically savvy guy in the Fed, but judging on how much their names get brought up I'd wager either Ty Burna or Steven Holmes. That and I'm a fan of both men.

You humble me.

I'd leave Ty for now simply because he's a regular, active member. Eventually yes, but not for now.

Celeste, Barbosa, Steamboat Ricky and Big Dave are all good picks, but I'll go a little left field and say Action Saxton & Saboteur as the first tag team inductees. Individually they left their mark on the company, and together they were, arguably the finest team we've ever had.

Unconventional yes, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. They'd be a fine addition.

This thread seems a bit premature since we are still a year away from such an event, but I guess it is better to do it now than forget to do it later.

We need to get Celeste in there ASAP. Despite the fact that she has been her since our first documented show (and beyond), she has single-handedly paved the way for women competitors in the fed. I remember when I first joined and female wrestlers were not allowed to be used. Everyone still had a bad hangover more than a year or two after the failed Vixens experiment. However, Celeste predated that train wreck and came back to prove women could still fit in our largely male-populated fed.

She opened the door for the likes of Sandy Desserts, Isabel Stone, Amber Warren, and eventually our first women's single champion, Eve Taylor.

I would make her the headliner for this year and put Steamboat Ricky along with her.

Beyond that, the following are more than acceptable entrants in the future years:

• Ty Burna (When he finally retires)
  • Barbosa
  • Carmen Bratchny
  • Vengance
  • Steven Kurtesy
  • Steven Holmes
  • Drake Callahan
  • Austin Reynolds
  • Big Dave
  • SaboSax (As a team)
  • Blade (For the lulz)
  • AoC (For setting the benchmark for stables. Controlling the company is a pretty big feet on top of our notable stablemates (Ty, Barbosa, S.H.I.T., Forgotten Powers, Bowen, K.O.))

I'm sure I'm missing an old crusty or two. I excluded Rios and Big Will as I believe they both left the fed under some controversy.

This may sound completely stupid but I could make a case for Doug Crashin. He was the first ever true jobber and paved the way for other jobbers in the fed. Shortest Mayhem title reign in history. Former leader of an important stable.

I see what FalK is saying and I would like to agree. And what's more, if this was the WWE then I could definitely see it happening. However, I just don't see our WZCW Hall Of Fame as a semi-serious endeavour right now. Perhaps when we start to get some of the bigger names out of the way, perhaps Crashin might get a nod. But so many names come before the best jobber ever.

Everyone took all the good names! You're right though, we should put the guys who deserve the spot most first before we consider long shots and curveballs.

Personally, Celeste and Steamboat should be the next two. They are the last two stars of a long gone era who made a huge impact here. I'm worried that if all of us oldies moves on and newer people take over, these two figures will be forgotten in time. After these two, it's Ty Burna all the way.

If we ever start inducting tag teams into the hall of fame than Strikeforce should do the honor of the first team in. But for this year Steamboat Ricky or Ty Burna are shoe ins.

This year I'd go with Big Dave, Celeste, Ty & Ricky.

In 2 years, Barbosa, SHIT and Alex Bowen.

Obviously I won't vote for myself, but I will put my vote behind Steamboat Ricky and Vengeance.

Also I appreciate the sentiments guys. Dunno if I should be inducted while active, buuuuuuuuut I have no idea when I'm hanging it up. Not any time soon in any case.

This year I'd go with Big Dave, Celeste, Ty & Ricky.

In 2 years, Barbosa, SHIT and Alex Bowen.

Bowen is a name I forgot to add to my list. He is more than deserving for his reign in the Mayhem Division. In that regard, Vega too. However, I can't justify putting Bowen in before guys like Kurtesy, Callahan, or Holmes.

Curious to see Strikeforce or Runn Reynolds Runn go in one year.

Oh stop it you.

You make a good point though. I think one day we could take a page from WWE's HoF and induct teams/stables.

My own picks. I like the idea of Barbosa going in, definitely deserving, but I hold out hope that Barbs will return in the near future. Ty Burna deserves it, but like Ty himself said, he isn't likely to hang it up anytime soon. Steamboat Ricky because both of us rep Indiana IRL. Drake Callahan is another name that is deserving. Harth accomplished a great deal with Drake, and a lot of it gets overlooked for some reason.

Point is there are a lot of deserving names.

Being as objective as I can I'd say the guys who are essential to the HoF are well covered:

- Ty Burna (when he retires)
- Barbosa
- Big Dave (over-rated or not his accomplishments are on a par with Showtime)
- Steamboat Ricky

Then there are the folks that SHOULD be included in time as a second name:
- Celeste Crimson
- Drake Callahan
- Black Dragon (you hold a title for almost a whole year in a fed like this and you deserve it)
- Vega (see: Black Dragon, hell if anyone could honestly try to say to me that the fact that the Mayhem title was holding him back wasn't a factor in its retirement I'd be amazed)
- Austin Reynolds

Then there are the folks that you could easily make a case for
- Strikeforce (first ever team to win the tag team titles twice, longest running tag team in fed history)
- Saxoteur (second ever team to win the tag titles twice, the coversation about best team in fed history for many people begins and ends with these guys - subjectively this saddens me because Strikeforce were their biggest rivals. I would say in an ideal world Saxoteur and Strikeforce get inducted in the same year underneath one of the essential names. Ty Burna, Strikeforce and Saxoteur getting inducted in the same year makes sense to me)
- The Apostles of Chaos (yep, the whole stable all in one go. Ty Burna becomes the Ric Flair of the HoF and gets inducted twice)

Breaking Kayfabe: the folks who have made such a massive contribution to the fed over the years that one or more of their characters deserve an induction
- Falkon
- Numbers

This is FAR from exhaustive, but that's my two cents. Also I know I included myself (Strikeforce) in the list, that was not to blow my own horn but simply to state that if you're looking for major achievements as a benchmark for the HoF they're at least in the conversation (I would not vote for myself if a vote came up and would in fact abstain entirely from a vote which included James Howard in any way)

Gotta find the right balance between successful and memorable, the current three in the HOF are perfect examples of that, Ty Burna and Barbosa would be the next obvious candidates for the same reason. On the other hand, guys like Saxton as a singles guy and Kravinoff didn't have the success of their contemporaries but in a conversation about who you want back they'd top the list over them in the thoughts of many. And Steamboat Ricky has better remembered RP's than former world champions.

The three bolded are my immediate picks, maybe leave out Ty as he's still active, but they all helped shape the fed, were big time and practically everyone remembers them fondly.

Being as objective as I can I'd say the guys who are essential to the HoF are well covered:

- Ty Burna (when he retires)
- Barbosa
- Big Dave (over-rated or not his accomplishments are on a par with Showtime)
- Steamboat Ricky

Then there are the folks that SHOULD be included in time as a second name:
- Celeste Crimson
- Drake Callahan
- Black Dragon (you hold a title for almost a whole year in a fed like this and you deserve it)
- Vega (see: Black Dragon, hell if anyone could honestly try to say to me that the fact that the Mayhem title was holding him back wasn't a factor in its retirement I'd be amazed)
- Austin Reynolds

Then there are the folks that you could easily make a case for
- Strikeforce (first ever team to win the tag team titles twice, longest running tag team in fed history)
- Saxoteur (second ever team to win the tag titles twice, the coversation about best team in fed history for many people begins and ends with these guys - subjectively this saddens me because Strikeforce were their biggest rivals. I would say in an ideal world Saxoteur and Strikeforce get inducted in the same year underneath one of the essential names. Ty Burna, Strikeforce and Saxoteur getting inducted in the same year makes sense to me)
- The Apostles of Chaos (yep, the whole stable all in one go. Ty Burna becomes the Ric Flair of the HoF and gets inducted twice)

Breaking Kayfabe: the folks who have made such a massive contribution to the fed over the years that one or more of their characters deserve an induction
- Falkon
- Numbers

This is FAR from exhaustive, but that's my two cents. Also I know I included myself (Strikeforce) in the list, that was not to blow my own horn but simply to state that if you're looking for major achievements as a benchmark for the HoF they're at least in the conversation (I would not vote for myself if a vote came up and would in fact abstain entirely from a vote which included James Howard in any way)

I forgot Holmes! He's definitely in there with Celeste, Drake et al.

As for class of 2015? I'd have to say Ricky as the headline guy with Holmes and Callahan going in with him, for the simple reason that the other essential guys deserve to go in as the top of the list in their particular year.

Guys, I love Barbosa. I think he is deserving of a HoF spot. He is a two-time world champion and the first to ever successfully cash-in KFAD. On top of that, he is an all-around great guy. However, I don't understand how some of you are putting Celeste as a secondary entry under Barbosa in the order of things? Other than extreme interest in a character, I don't get it. Are both headliner material? Yes, but I don't see how one could justify putting Barbosa in before Celeste.

Give Ech a break. He's been here forever as mentioned. Meltdown 1, gents (and beyond). He has consistently put solid work into the fed. He's had one world title shot that I can remember, and it was a roulette round happening (I think). He's consistently positioned himself in the upper-card since his debut. I'm not saying anyone is ragging on Ech/Celeste, but again, how can one not agree on putting him/her in the HoF as soon as possible and as a top tier wrestler?

Guys, I love Barbosa. I think he is deserving of a HoF spot. He is a two-time world champion and the first to ever successfully cash-in KFAD. On top of that, he is an all-around great guy. However, I don't understand how some of you are putting Celeste as a secondary entry under Barbosa in the order of things? Other than extreme interest in a character, I don't get it. Are both headliner material? Yes, but I don't see how one could justify putting Barbosa in before Celeste.

Give Ech a break. He's been here forever as mentioned. Meltdown 1, gents (and beyond). He has consistently put solid work into the fed. He's had one world title shot that I can remember, and it was a roulette round happening (I think). He's consistently positioned himself in the upper-card since his debut. I'm not saying anyone is ragging on Ech/Celeste, but again, how can one not justify putting him/her in the HoF as soon as possible and as a top tier wrestler?

I don't think anyone is really debating how great Ech and Celeste are. Celeste is as top tier as it gets for me, I was just doing what you're doing for Ech, making sure no one sells Barbosa as anything less than a top tier HoF wrestler and as one of the best ever.

I don't think anyone is really debating how great Ech and Celeste are. Celeste is as top tier as it gets for me, I was just doing what you're doing for Ech, making sure no one sells Barbosa as anything less than a top tier HoF wrestler and as one of the best ever.

I hear ya. Barbosa is definitely top tier worthy.

[YOUTUBE]V0EZobdiJ4M[/YOUTUBE]

In no particular order:

Ty (in and out of character, separately)
Falkon (in and out of character, separately)
Celeste
Funkay (in and out of character, separately)
Big Dave (in and out of character, separately)
Ricky Runn
Vega
Steamboat Ricky
Black Dragon
Barbosa
AoC
Strikeforce
SabSax

Any pick from this list gets my support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back