Indy Reformation

Paralyzer Z

Fuck honor
So in the past I have seen threads that ask if certain Indy stars would be fit for WWE. An alternative that would be the "who should WWE sign" threads. Here is a thread I thought up that caters to your desire for your favorite star from an Independent promotion or ROH that you would like to see grace the ring of the big E.

Now as stated many times before most Indy or ROH stars are not equipped to embark on their WWE career right out of the minor leagues. More recent examples such as The Kings of Wrestling (or at least Claudio) have been sent down to FCW to adapt to the WWE style prior to their eventual debut in a dark match on either Raw or Smackdown. People claim that some are a perfect fit for the company right off the bat, very interesting yes indeed. Guys like Evan Bourne (formerly known as Matt Sydal) have succeeded through the process of becoming a star while others such as Colt Cabana failed. Guys in FCW like Tyler Black (Seth Rollins) and Alex Koslov (Peter Orlov) have yet to see the light of day in terms of preforming in front of a WWE universe audience.

Anyway enough of me rambling about the process that Indy stars take to the big leagues its time for YOU to take control. Pick your favorite star from ROH, an Independent promotion, or even a foreign promotion, and state their strengths and weaknesses. Would they be a good fit for WWE right off the bat? When sent to FCW who would you have train them (a WWE superstar, former superstar, or legend). and finally how would you have them debut on television. Below is my Example

Who is the Indy star you picked and what can he\she do?- I picked this guy named Ricochet, and he currently preforms for Dragons Gate USA. He from what I have seen is one of the best risk takers in the industry. He can do insane shit like a double moonsault, and a imploding 450 splash. One of the most insanely pure wrestling talented guys not in WWE or TNA.

What are their strengths and weaknesses when it would come to working the WWE style? Would they be a good fit right off the bat? - His strengths are being able to work at a fast pace, and not botching much unless he is preforming a DRM. His weaknesses however outweigh the pros. For one he is a complete spot monkey and lacks severe storytelling skills. I have never seen him on the mic so I can't really comment on that. When it comes to charisma the only thing I have ever seen him do that ignited a crowd pre match was a large ninja flip off of a high school gym wall. So I do not think he is really talented in that as well. Basically he is the best at doing what all Indy high flyers do: flip and no selling, but he is the very best at those and entertains me while doing it. So no he would not be a good fit for WWE right off the bat.

If WWE were to sign him/her , in FCW who would you pair them up with to improve on their weaknesses? Why chose that person? - I chose the Nature boy Ric flair! Take into account the person that you chose to mentor CAN be employed by TNA unlike the rookie you choose. It is simple Ric is the best at everything Ricochet is bad at. Ric is one of the best storytellers, promo cutters, and crowd captivators in the history of mainstream wrestling. He could teach him how to tell a better story in the ring, show emotion during promos, and how to get a character over with the WWE universe. Polar opposites attract on this occasion.

How would you eventually have him/her debut on WWE television? Would they have a manager, or a stable? What character or gimmick would you give them?- I would have him debut on Smackdown after weeks of video promos of him stating that he will be "one of the smartest competitors in WWE history" have him work a match with Heath Slater and have him use the chair Eddie Guerrero trick to get the win. His character would be a smartass and use unorthodox tactics and counters to get the win. For example say he was in a match with Dolph Ziggler and Vickie was about to hit him with her shoe (I took that form Melina) he would grab her arm until the ref turned around and saw the act thus DQ victory of him (really don't know a good name for him to debut with). Unique counters and such would also be a part of his character. He would be a face and use reverse psychology tactics on the heels is what I am trying to say in the end.

Anyway if they underline text doesn't grab your attention here are the questions again in bold:

Who is the Indy star you picked and what can he\she do?

What are their strengths and weaknesses when it comes to working the WWE style?

If they were signed by WWE, in FCW who would you pair them with to improve on their weaknesses? Why chose that person?

How would you eventually have him/her debut on WWE television? Would they have a manager, or a stable? What character or gimmick would you give them?

It is time for you to take control of a star's journey in WWE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back