Impact Wrestling Has Terminated Business Relationship With Jeff Jarrett, GFW

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
I was just announce this afternoon by Impact wrestling that they are no longer affiliate with Jeff Jarrett and Global force wrestling. In response to that Jarrett claims that Anthem doesn't have any money.

So here'S my take on this, i followed Jeff's career as a booker and owner since he started TNA. The one thing i got from following him all theses years in this role his that he's pretty much just like his dad was. If he doesn't get his way or some goes wrong then he's going to play the victim and claims stuff that isn't true to make himself look like the good guy. The fact is, as a owner, he's awful at it. As a booker, he's not really better. So while i'm pretty sure that the guy is a really good guy outside the wrestling profession, when he's inside the business, i got a feeling that he's probably one of the best bullshitter in the business.

He owns TNA with his dad and he had to sell it within the first month of the company existence because they lack the money and was just there as a figure head for a while until his wfie died and decided to date kurt angle ex wife which lead to him getting push out because of it.

The he created GFW which was a total bust and the only way he could make a little bit of money of the company was to con anthem into buying the brand and the three episode they tape.

Now he's having another meltdown and Impact fired him so he's going to lied again to make himself look good in case he want to continue pushing his GFW product which is pretty a even dead brand then Impact is right now.

In the end, i feel that anthem, while maybe not totally broke are still making enough money with Impact to try and make this brand successful in a way. Bound for glory tickets seems to be selling pretty well from what i got from the TD Place website so that's a positive sign and sadly Jeff won't be able to be a part of it.

And if the PPV / TV tapings are somewhat successful look for Impact Wrestling to relocate from Orlando to Ottawa full time.

The thing is that Impact Wrestling is not expecting more than 500 fans at the PPV and tapings. That's a sign that Anthem is giving IW one last chance to impress then.

I guess if you only pick the bad parts to say you can make anyone look bad, I'm surprised you never mentioned his gold pyramid scheme.
Owner and booker wise I think he deserves credit, To be fair he started TNA from scratch and managed to build a solid second biggest wrestling company in the US,
He may not have been beating WWE financially but I believe 5 or 6 years ago that TNA had the better product, They created so many new stars and had loads of great matches over the years. For a few years TNA was the most watched wrestling company in the UK TV ratings which is impressive as WWE is such a massive company now. Yes he's had some failures but theres not one wrestling booker who hasn't including Vince Mcmahon.

I guess if you only pick the bad parts to say you can make anyone look bad, I'm surprised you never mentioned his gold pyramid scheme.
Owner and booker wise I think he deserves credit, To be fair he started TNA from scratch and managed to build a solid second biggest wrestling company in the US,
He may not have been beating WWE financially but I believe 5 or 6 years ago that TNA had the better product, They created so many new stars and had loads of great matches over the years. For a few years TNA was the most watched wrestling company in the UK TV ratings which is impressive as WWE is such a massive company now. Yes he's had some failures but theres not one wrestling booker who hasn't including Vince Mcmahon.

You right but at the same time, you forgot to mention that if it wasn't for the carter's money. He wouldn't have had the chance to bring tna to the height the went from 2006 to 2008. The fact is, e was owner of the comapny for a think a couple of week because the company was going under after a month. Has a booker, he was really good, I give you that. Has a owner, he sucks. He almost put TNA out of business before it even got started and GFW never got started and if it wasn't for dixie carter and later on anthem, nobody would even know what GFW is.

I was just announce this afternoon by Impact wrestling that they are no longer affiliate with Jeff Jarrett and Global force wrestling. In response to that Jarrett claims that Anthem doesn't have any money.

So here'S my take on this, i followed Jeff's career as a booker and owner since he started TNA. The one thing i got from following him all theses years in this role his that he's pretty much just like his dad was. If he doesn't get his way or some goes wrong then he's going to play the victim and claims stuff that isn't true to make himself look like the good guy. The fact is, as a owner, he's awful at it. As a booker, he's not really better. So while i'm pretty sure that the guy is a really good guy outside the wrestling profession, when he's inside the business, i got a feeling that he's probably one of the best bullshitter in the business.

He owns TNA with his dad and he had to sell it within the first month of the company existence because they lack the money and was just there as a figure head for a while until his wfie died and decided to date kurt angle ex wife which lead to him getting push out because of it.

The he created GFW which was a total bust and the only way he could make a little bit of money of the company was to con anthem into buying the brand and the three episode they tape.

Now he's having another meltdown and Impact fired him so he's going to lied again to make himself look good in case he want to continue pushing his GFW product which is pretty a even dead brand then Impact is right now.

In the end, i feel that anthem, while maybe not totally broke are still making enough money with Impact to try and make this brand successful in a way. Bound for glory tickets seems to be selling pretty well from what i got from the TD Place website so that's a positive sign and sadly Jeff won't be able to be a part of it.

How do you know he is lying?

Maybe Anthem don't have money. Maybe no-one can make money out of TNA, because it is a basketcase, and should finally fold.

You sound like you don't like Jarrett, so you then don't believe him. But what if he is right?

I can believe it, because no-one makes money out of that basketcase of a company. Every six months, we hear of more money troubles. If it isn't Dixie's money problems, then it is Billy Corgan's. If not Corgan, then Jarrett. No-one can make this company work.

Please, just sell to WWE. Then Vince can strip it down, keep the video library, put the PPVs on the Network, sign some of the talent to NXT etc.Hell, even have a TNA invasion angle, where Kurt Angle, A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe and others try to take over WWE.

Hey, WCW and ECW, which were more successful, went out of business. Why would TNA be any different?

I feel that if it was true and they really where out of money, they wouldn't have launch the GWN network and they wouldn't have left the impact zone for bound for glory and the tv tapings. I think that it jarrett being jarett and saying stuff that might or not be true because he got release yet again. Everytime he get toss out, he go on a negative rant about them, that's what he does.

I'm a fan of his creative and that never going to change. But he does a history of being petty when thing don't go his way and this feel like one of them.

Man what a mess. Not just from a business point of view, but PR as well. I hate to say it, but it's time for this company brand to finally die. Not exactly go away for good, but just end this TNA/GFW stigma. Anthem needs to close shop and basically start from scratch. If that means going dark for a few months, so be it. They have a great roster to build on. They just need the right financials, a decent network that people can tune into. And a consistent creative team. I know, easier said than done.

Almost makes you wish the Hardy's had stuck around, eh? They had a solution for exactly this, according to Dave Lagana, whereby the Hardys would delete TNA rather than see it lost to the DCC, or whomever exactly they were to be feuding with.

But I tend to agree. I feel like this has been one giant exercise in trying to separate the creamer from the coffee. I'm not normally an advocate for throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but this is such a convoluted mess that I'm not really sure there's an answer.

The only alternative is to simply take the hits, rebrand everything again as Impact Wrestling, and just hope like hell that BFG and post BFG story-telling can be compelling enough to slowly build the audience back.

Almost makes you wish the Hardy's had stuck around, eh? They had a solution for exactly this, according to Dave Lagana, whereby the Hardys would delete TNA rather than see it lost to the DCC, or whomever exactly they were to be feuding with.

But I tend to agree. I feel like this has been one giant exercise in trying to separate the creamer from the coffee. I'm not normally an advocate for throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but this is such a convoluted mess that I'm not really sure there's an answer.

The only alternative is to simply take the hits, rebrand everything again as Impact Wrestling, and just hope like hell that BFG and post BFG story-telling can be compelling enough to slowly build the audience back.

No. The alternative is to sell the whole thing to Vince McMahon, and walk away.

How many chances does this company get? It has lasted longer than ECW, and at least Paul Heyman knew what he was doing, but just didn't have the money to do it. WCW was better than TNA was on its best day, yet it too went under.

The fact is, a major wrestling company doesn't really work in today's society, where there are heaps of alternatives. WWE only works because Vince cleverly runs it more as an entertainment company, and knows how to get sponsors, shareholders and marketers on board. Donald Trump once described his friend Vince McMahon as "the greatest promoter on the planet".
(Did you know that apparently, one of Vince's inspiration is Barnham, the guy who started the first cricus, and Vince uses a similar blueprint- to make it more of a "show". There are only so many wrestling "fans", so catering to the mainstream and get in casuals is the way to go).

Knowing what we know now about the state of mind of Jeff Jarrett, i kinda understand why Anthem let him go. The fact is Jarrett really need help with whatever is going on in his personal life and shouldn'T be near wrestling at the moment. I think that showing up drunk at a wrestling event and then inventing different excuses as to why he wasn'T able to make his second booking only to blame the promoter afterward is a sign for help and he needs it bad. I hope that his friends and family will help him out whatever is going on right now.

First of all, this is really sad about Jeff Jarrett. It seems like he's on a horrible downward spiral. It was alleged that he was intoxicated at AAA Triplemania and now, over the weekend RCW claims that Jarrett showed up intoxicated, continued drinking through the show, passed out, and tried to wrestle. Obviously, there's something awful going on.

As for Impact Wrestling, they're in quite a bind. They don't legally own Global Force Wrestling, so it looks like they're just falling back as Impact Wrestling. If I were Anthem, I think I'd take this opportunity to either A) Bring back the "TNA" name (which is by far the most recognizable name regardless of the stigma and has all of their history attached to it) or B) rebrand again with a completely new name, new show, etc. Since they've gone ahead with the Global Wrestling Network, maybe something like Global Championship Wrestling and rename Impact and Xplosion.

Rebrand completely too: New sets, ditch the six-sided ring, which is a nice novelty, but really does nothing for the product, and just be a new promotion with existing talent. Move the show out of Orlando and into New York (where TNA has traditionally done excellent) or into Canada, where Anthem HQ is located. Also, I would emphasize the word "wrestling" in everything I did to establish that this isn't "sports entertainment" like WWE tries to be. Be different, be unique, establish an identity, and see if you can build on something. This could be a great opportunity for this company if they go after it.

If BFG and the five day tapings do well then Anthem can blow up the whole brand and start from scratch. IMO I think the upcoming six days in that barn is GFW/ Impact Wrestling's last chance to impress the owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back