• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Impact, AAA Expand Partnership: Includes Co-Branded Events, Talent

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
“Impact has new owners from the name change to being called TNA to Impact Wrestling. Not only do we think about the talent and the stories, but also how we make the scope of our product spread. AAA will assist them in their distribution agreements in Latin America and they offer us presence in different channels.”

AAA has already entered the US field, where he has Lucha Underground as an important product and has changed the way of wrestling. Although for the Dorian Roldán the alliance does not affect in the least to this program.

“We do not see ourselves as competitors, we see ourselves as allies. What makes Lucha Underground more distinct than a league is a television series. I’m not denied that people with Underground presence can appear on Impact.”

“It has been difficult for the Mexican fight to be able to internationalize outside the United States, but with the new platforms we have found many opportunities. We will begin to broadcast in some parts of Africa in the coming months and it is hardly the spearhead. We are on the road to internationalizing the company in the United States,” concluded Dorian Roldán.

The exchange with Impact will begin in July at Slammiversary and will be continued for the rest of the year, including Triplemania 25, featuring Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards and Bobby Lashley.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/830...rground-talent-can-appear-on-impact-wrestling

—

Impact's vision under Jarrett is becoming clearer by the day — in effect, a modernized NWA-style of globalization, fit with multiple partnerships in multiple countries as well as talent exchanges.

Might as well call Impact Global Force Wrestling. That's exactly what GFW's working model was supposed to have been.. that is if it wasn't actually some gold selling pyramid scheme

I think any form of merger can only be good for the companies involved. I think Impact Wrestling could really make an impact by doing everything in their power to form alliances / working agreements with every single promotion not named WWE. Then dub themselves as the Federation of World Wrestling, and become the modern day version of the NWA.

FWW!! FWW!! FWW!!

I would love for Anthem to outright buy the NWA actually. I don't know what it would cost but you could see a major rebirth of the NWA. You merge the Impact title with the NWA World title. Then you could have the NWA Champ travelling to the big events of all these promotions. Hell each of these promotions could have a NWA belt. The NWA Japan belt, NWA US belt, NWA Mexican belt, etc...

I always thought the barrier from people to really enjoy TNA compared to the WWE was the lack of tradition. Unlike WCW, people saw TNA as this little brother that tried to beat his better older brother and some viewed it as pathetic and annoying(such as younger brothers often are). If you bring the NWA into the mix and book the shows in a more traditional manner, a lot of nostalgia may come into play and a lot of traditionalists may want to take a look. Have Harley Race or Bary Windham do the color for a big event.

Werent the NWA originally involved in TNA? Granted I dont follow TNA at all but how the fuck can Jarrett be back after he sold it and still running GFW? Seems like a disaster waiting to happen

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back