• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm really hoping this Anderson/RVD/Sting thing ends soon.

Gee, it's not okay for Anderson to repeat the same line over and over but it's prefectly fine for The Rock to do it? The Rock's promos are literally repeating the same quotes every single time. The content between them is nothing, it's just a way to lead up to the catch phrases.

I bet that if Anderson was doing this gimmick in WWE, people would be swinging from his nuts like there's no tomorrow. Hell, they're swinging from Miz's nuts, so why not Anderson's?

Mr.Anderson DOES have great mic skills whether anybody likes it or not. What he does wrong is the fact that he overacts his ASS off. That's what annoys me, personally. He puts emphasis on EVERY SINGLE WORD. I was fine with it at first but it's getting nauseating. You don't have to scream like a jackass until the veins on your neck pop. This is how a normal wrestler would say the following line ...

"So, Hulk, you want to screw me out of my title match again? I need my rematch, Hulk!"

This is how Anderson would do it ...

"S-s-s-s-s-s-s-SO HULKY! HULKSTER! HULKAROONIE! HULKAFREAKIN'HULK! S-s-s-s-s-so ... you ... YOU ... want to screw ME! ME! ME! ME! ... out of MY title match again? AGAIN? I NEED MY REMATCH! MY REMATCH! MY RE-RE-REMATCH, HULK!!!1!!"

That's what's bad about Anderson. It's not the gimmick, it's not how he's portrayed. He's just trying too hard.

If you've read my comments, I've said that the line has been overplayed. So we're in agreement. As for The Rock. Are you going to try and compare the size of the character of The Rock and his impact in WWE versus that of Anderson in TNA? Really???!!! Not even on the same planet my friend. Rock's legend was cemented long ago and his mic skills dwarf those of Ken Anderson. Are Kens' mic skills good? Yes. Are they "Rock" good? Not even close.

Again, this desperation of some of you to continue to compare the production quality of TNA to WWE just baffles me. It's 2 different leagues. WWE is the major leagues. TNA is not!

If you've read my comments, I've said that the line has been overplayed. So we're in agreement. As for The Rock. Are you going to try and compare the size of the character of The Rock and his impact in WWE versus that of Anderson in TNA? Really???!!! Not even on the same planet my friend. Rock's legend was cemented long ago and his mic skills dwarf those of Ken Anderson. Are Kens' mic skills good? Yes. Are they "Rock" good? Not even close.

Again, this desperation of some of you to continue to compare the production quality of TNA to WWE just baffles me. It's 2 different leagues. WWE is the major leagues. TNA is not!
Are you talking about desperation? We get it, WWE is pure gold and TNA is not. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm not comparing both products or Anderson and Rock. Learn to read. I was using Rock as an example. Rock is a great character, but so is Mr.Anderson, even though he's still being developed. I took one detail out of Rock's promos and compared it to Anderson's. They are both repetitive with their catchphrase(s), that's a fact. If it bothers you with Anderson, then it should bother you with The Rock. Something tells me that it only bothers you with Anderson because he's in TNA right now, and clearly you'll latch on to anything like a parasyte, Mr.Idon'tknowshitaboutTNAbutI'llcriticizeit.

1/ Sting is the World Champion.. why because even at 50+ he is better than most of the roster (mainly due to creative and their terrible booking of talent). As always is rising the prestige of the title. Problem is he keeps feuding with faces/tweeners instead of feuding with Hogan's Immortal. That's why he came back wasn't it? Sting should be positioning himself with Fortune on a strike to take back TNA from his enemy once and for all.

This is the problem with creative, they have stuffed up so many guys on the roster that Sting was the only one capabale of holding it togther (possibly RVD) when Hardy fell off the rails.

2/ Anderson doesn't even deserve to be in a program with Sting so he should count his lucky stars. The man overacts and horrble in the ring doesn't really have the look at all and just because you can yell alot doesn't mean you have good mic skills. With the Immortal storyline running he is basically an annoying character that makes alot of people turn the channel, and wince at being a pw fan.

3/ Rob Van Dam - he once was and still is a big name in the sport but just like 99% of the talent in TNA he has been hurt by poor booking. His mic skills don't help as he seems to forget the little details in comes off poorly (not John Morrison poor) but it's that same type of public speaking nervous vibe. At this stage in his career I'm sure he's not going to improve on the mic, and probably thinks he doesn't need too, which is fine, which means TNA needs him in the ring and winning and to become a marquee attraction that fans will spend their money on. RVD needs to join Sting and once and for all bring this Immortal storyline to a close.

Immortal is stale, it never really took off and with no top guys in their squad just needs to be taken out in a Lethal lockdown or similar type of match so TNA can look to doing something else more constructive with it's talent. Fortune has been solid since Flair and post Flair and hopefully alot of good comes out of how well they are running.

4/ Its a real shame the fans never got the evil Jeff hardy vs. the Icon Sting. With two face painted wrestlers it seemed to be where this whole Immortal storyline was running. I'm thinking this three way is in fact a plan B due to Jeff's screwing over of the company. Cross fingers this 3-way feud ends soon, Anderson stays away from the belt forever and RVD if he does regain the title closes the chapter on Immortal.

Are you talking about desperation? We get it, WWE is pure gold and TNA is not. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm not comparing both products or Anderson and Rock. Learn to read. I was using Rock as an example. Rock is a great character, but so is Mr.Anderson, even though he's still being developed. I took one detail out of Rock's promos and compared it to Anderson's. They are both repetitive with their catchphrase(s), that's a fact. If it bothers you with Anderson, then it should bother you with The Rock. Something tells me that it only bothers you with Anderson because he's in TNA right now, and clearly you'll latch on to anything like a parasyte, Mr.Idon'tknowshitaboutTNAbutI'llcriticizeit.

Actually I don't believe that WWE is gold and TNA is not. Both companies have talented people working for them. I do believe that we're talking about 2 very different companies because WWE is so much larger than TNA in all respects. Monetarily TNA just can't compete so many of the comparisons are valid because of that fact. Even when it comes to characterization of the characters themselves, it's a different thing. For WWE it's often about selling merchandise, so guys like Austin, Cena, and Rock have to appear to be bigger than life. So their catchphrases become part of that aspect of their characters on the premise that doing so leads to more turns of product at their merchandise locations throughout the arena. It's why Loyalty, Hustle, Respect are still seen on most of the John Cena products. It's why "Just Bring It", a phrase Rock has been using for years now, is still alive and well on product. It's why the pseudo Longhorn/Brahma Bull logo is on lots of his product even today.

With TNA their model is different. For them, they operate on a much smaller scale. It's about first getting people to pay attention TO their product, then about selling merchandise. WWE already HAS people paying attention, and in much larger #'s. TNA NEEDS more people to pay attention before things like catchphrases can be used in a meaningful way to move merchandise. Add to that the notion that the anti-hero uses a curse word as part of his new catchphrase and you're presented with a problem. Definitely not something you would want to market to children, so that means your market demographic would be the 18-54 (the vaunted viewing model for tv) category of mostly men to market those products to. Other than that, who do you have that can really move merchandise? Hogan? Sting? RVD? Sometimes it's more difficult to move merchandise for a heel character, so the HH merchandise is probably a slower moving model or brand for them than Anderson, Sting, or RVD. Sting might be your best opportunity to capitalize on a brand and he doesn't really have a catchphrase. With RVD, same challenge. The whole "F'n" show. Oops!!! Not really for the kids.

So it's why I keep saying it's almost like apples and oranges when people try to make the WWE v. TNA comparisons. Two entirely different styles of business.

well I guess it wont be over yet. Sting vs RVD at Sacrifice, and Mr Anderson won the battle royal on Impact to be the #1 contender.

well I guess it wont be over yet. Sting vs RVD at Sacrifice, and Mr Anderson won the battle royal on Impact to be the #1 contender.

Yep and Mr. Anderson unwittingly revealed the winner of the Sting/RVD match last night in his post match, garbled, mumbling, stumbling rant.

This company just can't seem to get it right. Bully Ray gets eliminated by mistake, but stays in the match. The Hogan/Foley segment had to be taped twice, and Anderson reveals the winner of the main event of their next PPV.

I'm guessing within a year or two they will be selling IPPV.

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back