I'm not one to complain about refs but ...

Midnight

Occasional Pre-Show
Holy crap were they bad in the USA 2-1 loss against Mexico. I mean they were not consistent at all. I mean you look at how physical Mexico was and they only get 1 yellow? Conversely, USA was physical as well and got 3. Those yellows I think were deserved, but the problem for me is that USA is getting booked for the same plays that Mexico is only getting a foul for. Also, Mexico in the first half was all over Donovan and didn't even get a whistle. In a FIFA World Cup qualifier, you need to have consistent refs and what I saw today did not happen.

Now personally, USA did not play their best. In fact, Mexico looked like the better team, and the win was well deserved. But I don't think that their win should be marred by awful officiating.

Did anyone see the match? If so, do you think that my complaints are well grounded, or am I just mad that USA lost? Either way, I'd like to know what you think.

It sucks when that happens but you have to take it man, I'm sure the tackles were not as bad as they looked but it could have been worse you could have had this ref

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywdYMsYfJg0

Palace scored a good goal hit the back of the net and it wasnt given.

Still not as bad as the ghost goal for Reading last year. There's always some comedy gold early on in the season.

Back on topic I didn't see the game, there isn't much appeal to CONCACAF qualifiers in Europe, but referee consistency is always mentioned in every wake of football. At times it can appear a referee is against you, but no referee is biased but they all make bad decisions, they're human. Some weeks the bad decisions go for you, some against. You never notice the ones that go for you though. Don't worry about it too much, USA are in a good position to qualify and should do comfortably.

It sucks when that happens but you have to take it man, I'm sure the tackles were not as bad as they looked but it could have been worse you could have had this ref

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywdYMsYfJg0

Palace scored a good goal hit the back of the net and it wasnt given.

Was just about to make a post on this. I am a Palace fan and I am absolutely livid. Why is football still stuck in the stone ages? Every other sport in the world has evolved with technology and have procedures put in place to aid the officials with their decision making.

Absolutely disgusting and the Bristol City reaction was no better.

It's fair to say noone's going to have sympothy with Warnock, but even so, arguably we could have gone on to win the game had we been 1-0 up so really this is 1 or 3 points lost, however you see it. Will we get a replay? Nope. Will we get 1 or 3 points awarded to us? Nope. Had this been one of the big boys in the Premiership, the whole FA would be up in arms and action would be taken. Terrible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back