I'm just about to watch WrestleMania X-8

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Any thoughts on this event. I personally loved it. Rock vs. Hogan was just insane. Jericho vs. Triple H.

The card in full:

RVD/Regal
DDP/Christian
Maven/Goldust
Kurt Angle/Kane
Taker/Flair
Edge/Booker T
Austin/Hall
Billy and Chuck/Hardy's/Dudley's/APA
Rock/Hulk Hogan
Jazz/Trish/Lita
Chris Jericho/Triple H

When you look at it, it is actually an amazing card.

And was an amazing event.

I agree. The Taker/Flair match was my personal favourite, along with the whole Hardcore chase around the arena that went on throughout the event.

Edge/Booker was a great match as well.

Shame the Main Event wasn't much to sing about.

One of my favourite Wrestlemanias ^^ good choice there Scotty, and yes Rock/Hogan was really insane, the way the crowd "turned" on the Rock was magical and gives me goosebumps.

Pretty good Mania, though it is all about Rock/Hogan. The stare down, the crowd reaction and the ending/post match is what WrestleMania is all about. The match up won't get any love from technical wrestling enthusiasts but it has more mark out moments than most other singles matches. First time I watched it I didn't care for the Main Event 'cos of the awesomeness of Rock/Hogan.

RVD just botched a drop-kick, so Regal dropped him on his head :)

RVD/Regal

Midcarders. Meh.

DDP/Christian

Midcarders. Meh.

Maven/Goldust

Midcarders. Meh.

Kurt Angle/Kane

Midcarders. Meh.

Taker/Flair

Upper midcarders. Meh.

Edge/Booker T

Midcarders. Meh.

Austin/Hall

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin against a midcarder. Meh.

Billy and Chuck/Hardy's/Dudley's/APA

Tag match. Meh.

Rock/Hulk Hogan

Looks good. What's that you say? Everyone would much rather have had Austin/Hogan, and they are in fact on the same card? Well I'll be damned.

Jazz/Trish/Lita

Women. Shit.

Chris Jericho/Triple H

Triple H versus a career midcarder/shit champion. Double meh with a bit of meh on top.

Jericho > > > > > > > > > HHH, seriously, I don't care if HHH is technically better or won more etc, he's about 100000000 times more boring than Jericho.

Actually, despite the mediocre looking card, I thought it was a decent show.
Not a top 10 mania, but still decent. Completely overshadowed by how good X7 was though.

Why do people like this WM so much? It's pretty much shit match after shit match. The only quality things on there are Edge/Booker T and I guess Hogan/Rock if you enjoy matches that are more about the crowd then the wrestlers in the ring.

Aside from those two matches though it was a pretty bad event.

Wrestlemania 19 was about three thousand times better.

yeah xix had jericho/hbk, rock/austin and angle/lesnar, and i think some people like vince/hogan and hhh/booker t too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back