• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Im interested again

jameswalsh292

Ice Tiger
I used to watch TNA occasionly. I liked watching around the time Christian was there. There was some good stuff and I would watch it if I was home and not busy. Compare that to WWE where I would make sure I was home to watch it.

The last time I watched TNA (apart from last night) was the hyped 4th of January episode in i think 2010. I didnt like it at all and hated the idea of the nasty boys and more making returns. I saw it as Hogan taking over and bringing in all his buddies to squeeze dixie 4 all she is worth. Didnt like the set up so I stopped watching. If i was board and seen TNA was on, I wouldnt bother because i expected a load of crap.

I wanted to give it another chance so I watched last night and enjoyed it. There was a segment with Al Snow and some other fella whos name I cant remember, that was really good. The other guy played a great heel and for the 1st time in years I wanted to jump into the tv and smack the heel myself. It was also good to see RVD again. The production was far better than the last time I watched. The ring seems smaller than usual, is that just in my head? The Sting and Hulk stuff was cheesy, but funny to laugh at. Overall I enjoyed the show (not as much as i do Raw) and will watch again next week.

So my questions are:
1) Did i miss many good things since that 4th of january show?

2) What is your opinion on the fella that Al Snow is working with?

3) What is your opinion on the current state of TNA?

4) Is it still crap, have I been tricked? Should I not watch next week in case I get addicted to a load of crap, in hopes of improvement? (something I did with WWE for many years, thankfuly I do enjoy WWE again)?

I'm moving this. You can still get your answers but we have enough threads in the TNA section asking how the product is doing and what's going on.

1) Did i miss many good things since that 4th of january show?

Not really. At least not until you got into late in the summer of last year. TNA finally started to put some emphasis on younger talent rather than having former WWE veterans carry the format of the program. Bobby Roode held the TNA World Heavyweight Championship for almost 8 months, becoming the longest reigning champ in the history of TNA. Austin Aries emerged on the scene and held the X Division Championship for almost as long. Despite not having any real competition in the X Division worth mentioning, Aries still shined like a star. He ultimately beat Roode and is the reigning TNA WHC. Overall wrestling quality during IW has improved, we don't see lame 3 minute gimmick matches anymore. Every other match isn't a bloodbath. Basically, since Vince Russo left TNA as head booker, the overall content of TNA has gotten much better.

2) What is your opinion on the fella that Al Snow is working with?

Joey Ryan is the only one of the TNA Gut Check competitors that's been worth a damn. He's the only one that's shown any legit skill, personality or charisma and they've been doing the Gut Check concept on Open Fight Night, which happens once a month, for 6 months. I think Ryan has promise. We haven't seen enough of him really to say much mroe than that, at least in my opinion. As I said, he's the ONLY one of the Gut Check participants to be worth anything.

3) What is your opinion on the current state of TNA?

All in all, TNA is pretty decent at the moment. It's far from perfect, which it'll never be perfect, but there've been dramatic improvements in wrestling quality and most storylines. It's head and shoulders overall compared to where it was this time last year. Over the course of the summer, during the BFG Series, I think IW has been putting on stronger television than it has in years.

4) Is it still crap, have I been tricked? Should I not watch next week in case I get addicted to a load of crap, in hopes of improvement? (something I did with WWE for many years, thankfuly I do enjoy WWE again)?

I don't think it's still crap, but I do see troubling signs suggesting that they MIGHT, just MIGHT, be moving backwards. The tag team picture in TNA is just flat out weak. I mean WWE for the majority of the last 5 years or so weak. That's a shame as TNA's tag team picture used to be the best thing about it. The X Division is now firmly back within the realm of mediocrity. Zema Ion is no Austin Aries, not even remotely close. So the title is now pretty much as weak as it was before Aries, as is the X Division as a whole. I've got some hope for the TV title as there's a chance that Samoa Joe MIGHT be the key to TNA having a significant alternate mid-card title for the first time in its history. It's too soon to tell. My biggest worry involves Aces & Eights because it just practically screams of the same tired, dragged out, dull faction wars/power struggle storyline that TNA's done over and over. They've been doing the Aces & Eights thing now for almost 6 months and, personally, I don't find it the least bit interesting. It's led to one lousy segment with cheesy attempts at serious dramatic acting by guys that can't pull it off after another. Unfortunately, Aces & Eights is the only aspect of Bound for Glory that feels at all significant as everything else hasn't gotten nearly as much general hype and attention. Post BFG, the presence of Aces & Eights will almost certainly only increase. As a result, I'm worried that the only other storylines that will matter will be those that are branched off from the main angle of Aces & Eights taking over everything.

TNA's tag division's been shit for ages. The only reason people didn't spot that is Beer Money and the Machine Guns were there to distract people. Outside of them (and occasionally the British Invasion) the division was nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back