I'll Be Watching TNA Again in 2012; Catch Me Up

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
I've come to the decision - after much deliberation - that I'm going to try and get back into TNA again this year. You might forget that I was Mr. TNA, quite literally, between 2006 and 2010. I remember what happened in TNA at that time much better than I do what was happening in WWE. Unfortunately, I fell out of love with the product. Besides, I'd been seeing CM Punk behind TNA's back for over a year at that point.

I'm going to be really trying to reinsert myself this year, starting this Saturday. Lend me a hand - get me back up to speed. So:

• Roode's the champion. Who's he feuding with?
  • Who are the X Division, Tag and Television champions?
  • Generally, what the fuck's going on?

Roode's feuding with Sting and Dixie Carter. He's defending the title against Jeff Hardy at Genesis. James Storm has unfinished business with him that I expect to be resolved once Storm finishes up with Angle.

X-Division Champion is Austin Aries. He's wonderful. Management seems high on Kid Kash and newcomers Zema Ion and Jesse Sorensen. Ion's kind of a douche. Sorensen is probably a douche as well but isn't portrayed as one on television. Look for at least one passable X-Division match each week on television to remind you it's still there.

Tag Team Champions are Matt Morgan and Crimson. Because the tag division is so thin, a wildcard tournament is being held to determine their next challengers. The finals of the tournament pit AJ and Kaz against Magnus and Joe. Yeah, Joe's still kicking around.

Sting is a decision maker now. I forget how it happened, but it's fun.

Abyss has broken from Immortal. Gunner is getting a push for some reason. Bully Ray is awesome. Eric Young is amusing. Mr. Anderson is thankfully MIA. James Storm is the Second Coming of Christ.

I reckon that about does it. About time, Samuel.

Oh, and Robbie E is TV Champion. That belt really means nothing.

No, no. Dixie got control of the company when Sting one and she bestowed the power of running Impact on him. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh yeah. I'm the best educator you'll find this side of ryan86.

I'm told that, despite Karen's absence, there are still women in the company, and they wrestle and everything. Confirm or deny.

Confirmed. Gail Kim is back and she holds both the singles title and one half of the tag-team titles alongside Madison Rayne. She's currently feuding with Mickie James and Madison is lackeying, while ODB is doing a romance story with Eric Young (born out of the wildcard tournament) while Tara/Tessmacher & Sarita/Rosita are still doing their tag-team feud. Velvet Skye, Winter, Angelina Love are nowhere to be seen.

Last week was a Mickie James versus Gail Kim main-event.

Roode is kind of feuding with Sting and Dixie Carter and faces Jeff Hardy in a match at the next pay per view. Austin Aries is X Division champion and is facing off with the likes of Xema Ion, Jesse Sorensen and Kid Kash. Tag champs are Matt Morgan and Crimson; they will face either AJ Styles and Kazarian or Samoa Joe and Magnus who are in the finals of a tag tournament. (yes the tag division is in a terrible state)

TV champion is Robbie E who displaced Eric Young who had a complete non event of a reign. Bischoff is still about. His kid got injured (kayfabe) by Gunner and Flair (I think).

The other thing I can think of is James Storm's feud with Angle. If I remember correctly, Angle attacked Storm which led to his World title reign being cut short. Roode and Storm are likely to feud this summer once Angle goes to try and get in the Olympic squad.

I've not watched Impact in months. KB's reviews tend to give me all I need to watch, though I have Impact Sky Plus'd just in case.

Its been so long since I appreciated Bully Ray's chains.

Thanks for the recap boys.

The other thing I can think of is James Storm's feud with Angle. If I remember correctly, Angle attacked Storm which led to his World title reign being cut short. Roode and Storm are likely to feud this summer once Angle goes to try and get in the Olympic squad.

No, no. Angle attacked Storm after he lost the title. It was Roode hitting Storm with a beer bottle that cost him the belt.

OK, yeah, so I've sort of been following along.

There wasn't a TNA pay-per-view last Sunday, was there? Don't want to watch Challenge on a Wednesday night if I don't have to.

I've actually really enjoyed the TNA product within the past few months, so if you're looking to get back into things, now is probably the best time to do it. I've found their PPV's are a little weak in delivery, but the weekly show is doing it for me much more so than Raw or Smackdown has been. A lot of their divisions have taken serious hits this year with injuries, people leaving the company, and others just moving on up the card. So a lot of people will look at TNA and say that they have no real competitors in any of their divisions... That's because they're in a re-building season, and trying very hard to make those divisions mean something.

Tag Team Division: Injuries, plus the split of Beer Money severely crippled this division. Ink Inc had a good thing going, but with Jesse Neil getting dumped on his head (literally) that's over. Matt Morgan and Crimson are currently the tag champs. I had thought this was a terrible idea, but they've cut some really good promos, and generally make their similarities work in the ring. The Wild Card tournament, which started three weeks ago (I have a thread on it in the TNA section if you want to see all the teams) put together random teams and pitted them against each other. The winner faces the champs at Genesis. This was meant as a way to see if they could develop new teams out of the current roster, and I actually think it's working quite well. Give it time...they're doing the best with what they have.

X-Division: Probably a shell of its former self, but they are trying. After they took the belt off Abyss (thank god!) and started giving it more of a focus, I was on board. I don't particularly care for most of the competitors, but Austin Aires is the champ, and a lot of hardcore fans seem to like him a lot. Kid Kash is back, although I detest his mic work... They're trying hard to built up younger, newer faces, so don't be surprised if you dont' recognize anyone in the division.

Knockouts Division: Karen Jarrett was recently in charge of the division, but she was "fired" along with Jeff so they could work on other projects outside of Impact. I thought she did a really great job drawing heat in the same vein as Vickie Guerrero. They brought back ODB and Gail Kim, who is the current champion. Mickie James is the primary challenger, and I have NO idea what is going on in the Knockouts tag division. THey really don't spend any time focussing on it at all...

World Championship Division: Bobby Roode and Jeff hardy will headline Genesis. Roode has spent a few months cheating his way into victories, and done an overall great job as champion. Hardy defeated Jeff Jarrett in a cage match to give him the shot at the title. I really like how they've handled Jeff's time back. It took them several months, and a lot of grace and forgiveness from the fans and backstage talent to finally put him in a title match. I expect Roode to retain.

Other feuds: There is a Pope/D-Von feud over D-Von's kids right now. The kids and Pope both turned heel, blah blah blah, classic family feud. It's alright...good PPV filler if nothing else. RVD and Daniels have been feuding for no real reason, but apart from that, who's going to complain about good matches? I guess there's a Monsters Ball match between Abyss and Bully Ray at Genesis, but I'm two weeks behind right now, so I can't exactly tell you why. They have been fighting since Abyss turned on Immortal.

You also should know, Bully Ray became one of the best heels in the industry while you weren't watching. Yes, I'm serious. Immortal is pretty much dead since Hogan turned. And there's no real room for complaint about Hogan and Flair taking up screen time, since neither of them have been seen recently. I think that about wraps things up... I've really liked the weekly product, and as I've already said I find my lack of expectations more rewarding than the high stakes I've placed on Raw over the years. Good luck, and I hope you enjoy your return to TNA.

Doesn't sound disastrously awful, which is more than I can say about WWE's women.

WWE-Kelly-Kelly-Hot-Swimsuit-Pictures.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back