If you Get the WWE Network.... What era are you rewatching first?

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
We've all heard about how every single ppv and show will be available on this new network

Personally im buying it since day 1 just for the past ppvs and current ones alone but with sooooo much history available my question is simple:

What era or year/s are you watching first? Hogan era? When bret was on top? The wcw days? The attitude era? Ecw era? Ruthless agression era? PG Era?

Personally i have 3 i cannot wait to watch/rewatch

1) night after wm 14 when austin won the belt and his rise, along with the rock,hhh and other till at leasts 2001
2) 2002-mid 2005: HHH (my favorite ever) reigns supreme, edge on his rise to the main event, evolution, the rock and austin's last year, shawn's return , brock lesnar
3) WCW, to be honest ive always been a WWE guy bit there must be a reason why WCW was kicking the then WWF's ass right ? Starting about 93 or 94 and then keep going

What about you? What are watching if you buy the Network?

Discuss........

If you're going to watch WCW, do yourself a favor and don't start watching until Bash at the Beach '96 or you'll be in for Dungeon of Doom and a lot of campy crap. I plan on starting at BATB '96 and witnessing the rise of the NWO (and them being unstoppable until Sting finally came back at Uncensored in '97), then watch the 2001-2004 era as those were my personal favorites.

If i remember correctly, We are only going to be getting every Smackdown, RAW, WWE PPV, WCW PPV and ECW PPV. I never saw a mention of being able to watch regular ECW episodes and regular WCW episodes......

My plan is to start right after the first ever wwe draft. Until 2005/2006 I suppose. Perhaps go on til 09 or so. Then perhaps the AE.

I'm going to revisit WWE's early 2000s first. That was around the time I started to watch wrestling, and I enjoyed the program they were running with the Brand Extension and how everything felt so up in the air. Then I will swap around to whatever ECW had going on TNN and of course WCW's 1996-8 period. I'm pretty sure everyone here is going to flip around these like I will be.

Before I read the thread, my plan was to start from the beginning. After reading the thread, I have a new plan. If possible, I want to watch:

The debuts of each the Championship Title Belts.
The debut of the Four Horsemen, New World Order, D-Generation X, and Evolution, as well as the debut of added members (I guess that only applies to the 4 Horsemen and the N.W.O.

After these, I’ll start my PPV marathon. I’m planning on watching all the WWE, WCW, and ECW PPVs in chronological order.

First of all, WWF stuff. I know WCW, ECW, and other territory shows will air. But I will look for the nostalgic WWF videos from the 80s and early 90s off the bat. The cool thing is to say we are all territory aficionados/history buffs. I don't care, when I grew up 90% of the wrestling I watched was WWF. My earliest memory of wrestling was watching Hogan, Savage, and Warrior. That transitioned to Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, and Razor Ramon. It was two awesome eras that made me a fan for life.

I wouldn't call it an era, but the first thing I'm doing is going on a Chris Benoit marathon.

Gonna start with the rumble, then WMXX. Moving on to his days in ECW (if I can), then turn of the millennium when he was Intercontinental Champ, then into his WCW days before finishing off with his U.S title run in 2005.

TRY AND STOP ME WWE!!!

Reactions: TLC
I think I am going to watch the nineties all over again, watch the evolution from the cartoony characters. I think it will be fun to watch some terrible gimmicks and see that phase come and go

I wouldn't call it an era, but the first thing I'm doing is going on a Chris Benoit marathon.

Gonna start with the rumble, then WMXX. Moving on to his days in ECW (if I can), then turn of the millennium when he was Intercontinental Champ, then into his WCW days before finishing off with his U.S title run in 2005.

TRY AND STOP ME WWE!!!

This as well for me.

Then I'm going to go through all of CM Punk's stuff.

Then I'm definitely rewatching "The Self Destruction of the Ultimate Warrior" and then hitting up the Michaels/Hart Iron Man Match.

I'd much rather watch JCP era NWA (Dusty, Horsemen, Road Warriors, Nikita, Magnum T.A, RnR and Midnight Express), WCCW from '82-'88 (Von Erichs, Freebirds, Brody, Rick Rude), and UWF (Eddie Gilbert, Missy Hyatt, Fantastics, Sting, Shane Douglas).

If that isn't available I'll settle for ECW '94-'97, nWo era WCW, and 80s WWF.

Only USA gets it though right? A lot of fans in UK would get it.. but I read its not going to be released outside the USA. It says International Availability TBA.

So, if its delayed to the rest of the world... think of us brits when you guys eat your dunkin donuts and drink your coffee... we shall be drinking tea and eating crumpets watching VHS tapes of In Your House "Canadian Stampede" and Bash at the Beach.

I joke of course, we love you guys in the states, I don't mean anything derogatory - so please dont report me!

But $9.99 - that would be £6 over here, which basically is a McDonalds Meal!

It's an EPIC release though.. awesome, I have 100+ VHS tapes I was hoping to sell (UK PAL Videos) of old WWF PPVs.. I may as well chuck them out as garbage now! It's all in HD and on demand!

Halloween Havoc - Hogan vs. Warrior 2. I've never actually seen the match and I'm looking forward to the cluster that was that match.

I'll also probably check out The Rage in the Cage in your house between Bret Hart and Diesel. Haven't seen it since it was live, I'm surprised that never made it onto a best of WWE DVD set by now.

Living in the UK, the network won't be available for a while. When the network does eventually reach over here then I'll probably watch ECW/WCW stuff. I'm pretty much caught up with WWE/F and I can't think of any era I'm desperate to see. Whereas with ECW and WCW I haven't watched much of the stuff so that will interest me.

There are also various DVD's - which I think will feature - to get through. To be honest, the majority of this stuff is on Youtube but hopefully they make it easy to watch in chronological order.

Since WWE never finished releasing the Survivor Series Anthology for some reason, first thing I'm doing is rewatching all the Survivor Series PPVs, especially my four favorites, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2005.

Man that's tough for me so many options.

WCW Pay Per Views from around 95 on tho i might go back and watch some select older ones. I would like to watch the last few WCW ones aswell as at that time i had fully jumped ship to WWE and didn't see how bad it was or wasn't so i would be interested to see.

If i remember correctly, We are only going to be getting every Smackdown, RAW, WWE PPV, WCW PPV and ECW PPV. I never saw a mention of being able to watch regular ECW episodes and regular WCW episodes......

I'd like to know this to. I have no doubt they will add episodes, but will it be available during the debut?

If not, this thread is moot.

raw the night after wrestlemania 21. i had third row center seats, and was on tv the whole time. it will be nice to watch myself drinking beer and eating natchoes.

Personally I want to watch a giant "Tough Enough" Marathon if its available.
Then check out what the winners did the following year or so.

But I want to see the early parts of the seasons where Ryback/Awesome Kong/ODB and others that made 'it' without WWE/TE runs.

WCW Monday Nitro from beginning to end.

I didn't watch wrestling in the 1990s, so this is huge for me. I could literally watch one episode of Nitro every week and it could play out like I'm watching a new show. And all the while, I could get sucked into reliving the Monday Night Wars and rolling with WCW...instead of watching Attitude Era Raw from beginning to end. Pick a side and root for the bad guys! Heh heh!:)

I think I will watch Raw 1994-1995 and Nitro in 1999. I know many view 95 as the worst year for Raw and 99 as the decline in WCW, so it might seem a littler weird. But I have every episode of Raw from 93,96-2002 and I have every episode of Nitro except for WCW. So I'm just going to be filling the gaps. After getting that out of the way I think I'll look at 1998 for both companies again. That's my favorite year and the year I most often watch, but it would be nice to see it in a better quality than VHS lol. I am curious however as to whether or not they will be editing out Chris Benoit. They did say it would be uncut and uncensored. Anyone else ever consider this?

Hoping to see some old UWF if/when they make that available.

Freebirds, Hot Stuff & Hyatt International, a rookie Sting, the Taylor and Adams tag team split angle, Shawn Michaels as a jobber, Dr. Death. I got it for a little bit back in the 80's before Crockett ended up buying them out, and it was honestly one of the best wrestling TV shows I've ever seen. I can't wait for the chance to see it again, and catch the stuff I missed.

I'm also looking forward to watching the US/Canada wars of 1997 again on RAW. I know WCW was killing them in the ratings that entire time, but to me, that first half of 1997 was the best TV that either company put on during the Monday Night Wars.

So many possibilities,i guess i will start with Superstars of wrestling. Always enjoyed that era in my life... See HBK demolish Marty Janetty was my favorite.. Also MDM versus local jobber any superstar versus local jobber.. Visit old school pipers pit, see Greg Valentine attack Superstar Billy Graham,then visit PPVs i have never seen before.. Of course i say this on a serious note,i hope WWE network leaves out one PPV and thats the over the edge PPV in 1999..

I dont wanna see the heartbroken face of Jim Ross as he announces the great Owen Hart of his ultimely passing! I remember that happening and never wanna revisit it again.. Thats my only wish.. RIP Owen we all miss yah

This is kind of off topic but am I the only one who has a feeling the the WWE will re-sign cable rights for Raw and Smackdown for some ridiculous amount of money and then begin doing a gimmick where they "run out of time" every week on raw and if you want to see how the ending unfolds then you have to flip it over the the wwe network?

I mean could be a massive real life business swerve to get the most out of cable tv networks and wwe network subscriptions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back