If you could change their name.

RadicalCraig

Mellow, with a dash of Radical
Are there some Superstars that dont fit their name, or you just feel that the name is out of place? This is a simple thread, start with a superstar or diva's (Counting all Promotions) current name, and then change it to a name you think is more fitting! Hope ya'll enjoy!

--------------------------------------

Dolph Ziggler- Honestly, I would love to change this guys name to something more believable. What the hell is a Dolph? And what the hell is a Ziggler? Maybe go back to some of his old ring names.

Changed to-Nick Nemeth

Are there some Superstars that dont fit their name, or you just feel that the name is out of place? This is a simple thread, start with a superstar or diva's (Counting all Promotions) current name, and then change it to a name you think is more fitting! Hope ya'll enjoy!

--------------------------------------

Dolph Ziggler- Honestly, I would love to change this guys name to something more believable. What the hell is a Dolph? And what the hell is a Ziggler? Maybe go back to some of his old ring names.

Changed to-Nick Nemeth

I do prefer the name Nick Nemeth, although only slightly. I think Dolph Ziggler is a horrible ring name, but it's what he has gotten over with and I see no point in changing it. It would serve no purpose at all, and would probably hinder Dolph.

Michael McGillicutty is the obvious one that springs to mind. It does annoy me that when WWE has an opportunity to capitalise on the fact that a legend like Mr Perfect has a son on the roster, they decide to give him one of the worst ring names in the business. FFS [B/just let the man be Joe Hennig[/B], and get The Fortunate Sons teaming together to boost the tag-team ranks.

Also, I really am not a fan of some of the awful ring names that alot of the FCW guys use. I would have Seth Rollins go back to using Tyler Black, Kassius Ohno revert back to Chris Hero and I would have brought up Antonio Cesaro under his original ring name of Claudio Castagnoli.

Thinking about it, I think I prefer alot of the ring names WWE dropped when they signed a talent to the one they currently use. I prefer Matt Sydal to Evan Bourne and Ron "The Truth" Killings was better than R-Truth (which still makes no sense).

There are also 2 others. I did like it when Christian used the surname Cage in TNA. Christian Cage is one of my favourite ring names of all time, I would love to see him use that in WWE at some point, but he almost certainly won't. Finally, I would just admit defeat on the whole Tensai project, the character is not getting over at all. Matt Bloom is not bad in the ring at all, just switch him back to A-Train, with the Train Wreck finishing move, and the much better ring music.

Changed to-Nick Nemeth

Dolph was supposedly inspired by the actor Dolph Lundgren, who played the Russian Ivan Drago in one of the Rocky films (I can never remember which one) and Ziggler was inspired by Nemeth's German heritage, as Nemeth is a common German surname. He chose it because he thought It'd stand out, and to be fair, it does.

Michael McGillicutty is the obvious one that springs to mind. It does annoy me that when WWE has an opportunity to capitalise on the fact that a legend like Mr Perfect has a son on the roster, they decide to give him one of the worst ring names in the business. FFS [B/just let the man be Joe Hennig[/B], and get The Fortunate Sons teaming together to boost the tag-team ranks.

Also, I really am not a fan of some of the awful ring names that alot of the FCW guys use. I would have Seth Rollins go back to using Tyler Black, Kassius Ohno revert back to Chris Hero and I would have brought up Antonio Cesaro under his original ring name of Claudio Castagnoli.

I don't know about Truth or Bourne, but I do know that Henning chose the name McGillicutty himself so he wouldn't be stuck being known solely as the son of Mr. Perfect. Sadly for him that backfired in the beginning, as everyone referenced him as Curt's son, but now I think hes doing well by himself, especially on NXT. He's easily one of the top guys on the show and he's constantly improving, plus Triple H is pretty high on him.

And on Black, Hero and Castagnoli. I don't know about Castagnoli, but before signing for WWE Chris Hero promoted his final independent appearance and said it would be the final time people saw "Chris Hero." It was his decision to use the name Kassius Ohno.

One thing to remember when these guys sign for WWE and are given these names, is they benefit from it. When CM Punk signed for WWE he refused to sign over his ring name, then last year as his contract ticked away reports surfaced he had signed over his ring name to WWE. Which means, if CM Punk left WWE tomorrow and went back to the indies, much like The Dudley's can't use that name anymore and had to go as Team 3D, CM Punk couldn't be used.

WWE want to own all intellectual property of their talent for marketing, likeness rights and such, so for that reason its better for guys like Hero, Castagnoli and Black to use other names. If they return to the indies in a couple years time or whenever, they can return being known for what they were, instead of Black going under the name Colby Lopez, or Hero as Chris Spadlin.

I agree with what The Dragon Saga said about it being better for superstars to change their name when entering the WWE, but for the sake of the thread I do have some choices. I also with Christian would use Christian Cage. It is also one of my favorite ring names. Joe Hennig should be Joe Hennig, and I think it would have been awesome if The Kings of Wrestling came into WWE with the same names.

Seth Rollins/Tyler Black - I like his real name Colby Lopez, I think he should just choose to use that. However, as he made his name as Tyler Black I do think he should've been able to keep that too.

It's just an example of the WWE wanting to create their own brands. I was a huge fan of Chris Hero, and I loved his gimmick too, but WWE got a hold of him, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back