If WWE were to sign Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt...

TheLoneWolf

The Brazilian Surprise
would it lead to the resurrection of the Cruiserweight division? Williams is a multiple time X-Division champion and Dutt has won the World X Cup, so they are both qualified for it. And even though there aren't as many cruiserweights on the roster as there used to be, there still are a decent amount. These include: Cody Rhodes, Jamie Knoble, Kofi Kingston, Dolh Ziggler, Carlito, Primo, Brian Kendrick, Chavo, Hurricane Helms, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Funaki, Tyson Kidd, Evan Bourne, and even if Rey Mysterio. That looks like a pretty solid group of talent to me and I think bring the title back could freshen up WWE's product a little bit. We haven't seen the Cruiserweight title in a little less than a year and I think it would be cool to see some of the smaller guys get a chance to get some gold. Perhaps the title could be instituted on the WWE Superstars show that is debuting in April? Opinions?

Uh...We haven't seen the Cruiserweight Championship in almost 2 years...not a little under a year.

It's been gone since July 2007.

If they brought those guys in, I think they'd both have a small little push.

No one would care. The WWE has never been about the cruiserweight division, much like TNA doesn't care about the X-Division anymore. If WCW were around, possibly. If those two were tosign with the WWE, they would have to tone down their moveset, as the banned moved list I'm pretty sure stille xist.

Personally, I find williamas and Dutt boring. Nothing about either one of them impressed me. Petey Williams is a one move wrestler, and that's about it. With out the Canadian Destroyer, now one gives a damn about him.

they wouldn't be relevant at all.. WWE would bury them on ecw with a stupid gimmick and then after a couple of months they will be released... I wish the opposite because I really like both guys and think they are hell of wrestlers but they were in TNA so as chris harris said about his WWE stinit.. WWE pretty much punish's you for being a TNA talent and not being home grown... but i hope for the best for both of them.

they wouldn't be relevant at all.. WWE would bury them on ecw with a stupid gimmick and then after a couple of months they will be released... I wish the opposite because I really like both guys and think they are hell of wrestlers but they were in TNA so as chris harris said about his WWE stinit.. WWE pretty much punish's you for being a TNA talent and not being home grown... but i hope for the best for both of them.

I agree. If Petey Williams and Sonjay Dutt were to sign with WWE, at best, they would be on ECW for the duration of their stays; keep in mind that almost all wrestlers that sign with WWE must first make it through FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling). This is where Low-Ki is right now, and he has twice the talent of Williams and Dutt (I think both of these guys are talented, just not on the same level as Low-Ki).

i think wwe should sign them and put the cruiserweight title on ecw for
1.would add value to the show
2.if you like the cruiserweight style of wrestling you will watch ecw
3.just think of the talent you can put on ecw and over time slowly bring them up to ic title and us title level because you can be a little guy and still be in the main event as long as you have a good look,good on the mic and a good performer it can be done look at christan when he was in the wwe he chased after the cruiserweight title for a while and everyone is saying he should be main eventing with edge and jeff hardy on smackdown. aj styles would of been a cruiserweight if wwe signed him years ago but now he is one for the top guys in tna.

look at the wrestlers you can put on ecw battling for the cruiserweight title if vince decided to do it low ki, sonjay dutt, petey williams, funaki, brain kendrick, tyson kidd, evan bourne,chavo guerrero, jesse, kizarny, jimmy wang yang, hurricane helms, jamie noble,charlie haas, bring back paul london, dolph ziggler and even santino marella all of those are good performers and i think that cruiserweight divison sounds pretty good its just my opinion

Sonjay Dutt would be booked in a tag with the Great Khali, he would be called the Little Khali and he would not get over. Hows that for a fucking prediction?
Petey Williams only positive trait is his finisher, which he cnat do in WWE therefore he would flop faster than Kizarny.

WWE never had a decent cruiserweight division to be honest.Before the wcw buy out the light heavyweight title was a joke.Gillberg had it for crying out loud.They buy out wcw and merge the titles and since then they slowing let the division die off.Just like Tna is starting to do now.The x division in tna was one of the most entertaining aspects of the show but its used alot less now it seems.

The only way i would see them bringing anything new to ecw is if it gets an extra hour maybe but seeing how its used as a developmental brand i dont see the cruiserweight title being brought back.It would be great to add another title to ECW.Heck the hardcore title would be great for the show but with ecw being what it is(pretty much a joke now and just used as training and character development)i dont see anything happening in relates to any new titles being brought back there.

Sonjay Dutt would never get hired as anything more than a jobber.

Petey Williams is likely going to find himself on E.C.W., as he has a good body type for the general form to be on that brand. He's also Canadian, and one more valuable name to add to the possible Canadian faction that's slowly forming under people's noses on E.C.W.

I honestly think Williams, with the Destroyer, can become an E.C.W. Champion if given the right amount of push. I mean, he can work well with anyone, regardless the size. His only issue might be Henry, but arguably noone outside of Finlay, Christian or maybe Swagger, can work decent enough with Henry to begin with.

TNA stars crossing over to WWE after their contracts are up. Well let's look in reverse at this situation, someone leaves WWE and jumps ship to TNA and get pushed. Angle, Christian, Booker T, hell even Jeff Hardy's debut match was an X division title match against AJ Styles (which btw sucked, I'm a huge Hardy and Styles mark. This was one of my all time dream matches, EPIC failure). On the other hand, let's look at TNA talent jumping to WWE. Braden Walker, put on ECW and buried before being released. R-Truth, got lucky and landed a spot on Smackdown. He's made little to no impact outside the realm of losing every title opportunity he's had against Shelton, buried. Christian, for fuck's sake he's not ME material in WWE but he's for damn sure above being jobbed out on ECW to a rookie champion. I like Petey Williams a lot, he's a good worker IMO and his mic skills are decent at best. Biggest problem with Petey is his size, WWE doesn't care about smaller wrestlers, end of discussion. Sonjay, eh, not a fan of him. Sonjay can work in the ring, his mic skills aren't awful, but his heritage would doom him to some stereotypical gimmick that'll flounder and get him released within a few months. All in all, neither of them have the luxury of being a big name competitor. I'll be surprised if Vinnie Mac even gives them a first glance, much less a second one. I think seeing Williams or Dutt in WWE is a long shot at best. Sorry boys, see you in the indies.

If and ONLY if Petey Williams is allowed do to the Canadian Destroyer, than I could see him reaching Evan Bourne status.

Evan Bourne is one of the smallest wrestlers in the company, yet the fans won't allow the WWE to bury him by giving him huge ovations. His shooting star press is reason enough to keep him spotlighted. Not to say that he'll never leave the mid-card, but he'll always be featured on the show. The same has been done for CM Punk. If Punk didn't have such an underground following, his name would probably have been changed to something like "Brad Dillon", and he'd have been 6 feet under in about 3 months.

If the fans popped strongly for Petey, the WWE would have no choice but to feature him for a decent sized time table.

But the fans would need to see his Destroyer. (Not a penis joke)

if WWE were to sign Petey Williams or Sonjay Dutt it would be the worst decision of their lives they would be misused exactly like Chris Harris or as WWE pathetically changed his name to Braden Walker

Unfortunately, Sonjay would definately be a jobber. If he was a jobber in TNA, a company where ANYONE can get a big push, he'd sink in the WWE. They'd probably throw him some lame, sterotypical indian gimmick and have him get squashed by the Boogieman every week.

Petey has a better chance. He's small, but still pretty buff; kinda like Mysterio, so he'd probably fit the "look" of the WWE. What's may hurt him is that there's a 99% chance that he wouldn't be allowed to use the Canadian Destroyer. That move is really the one thing that sets him apart from the rest. Petey is uber talented, but he doesn't do anything Bourne or Kofi probably couldn't do. He could get lost in the shuffle.

What would REALLY suck is that they'd probably give Petey some new, dumb name. Like William Peterson or something.

First things first. There's no way in hell WWE would allow Petey Williams to keep his Canadian Destroyer, which is probably the coolest finisher out there. After Trevor Murdock screwed the move up, which he should have never done in the first place, a guy his size something bad was bound to happen and Matt ended up getting the wind knocked out of him. That was completely WWE's fault right there but anyway. Petey and Sonjay won't amount to anything in the WWE. No body from TNA ever does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back