if WWE wants Cena beating Rock at WM, then they need one big step to do it properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
I was jusst watching Rocky on jay leno, and he didn't even come out with the wwe championship and there was absolutly no mention of WWE or his WM Match!!!

And I read the comments and a lot of fans were pissed off bcuz of "hollywood" rocky.

But it got me thinking, what if WWE can turn the "hollywood" rocky into an epic heel. Where the rock demands to be called dwayne johnson and keeps on promoting his movies and acting career. And He's full of himself because he's a "big time movies star".

I think this would make fans want to cheer for Cena because it shows that (storyline wise) turned his back on wrestling for acting. And John cena represents the wrestling for the fans.

I'm not sure if this would work, but it seems fitting since the rock has been a great heel. And because of his hollywood success he can think" he's bigger than wrestling,"

This would piss off his fans. And would make a reason to cheer for cena.

It's almost 2 weeks 'til Wrestlemania, they obviously can't pull it off. A lot, if not all the people would still cheer him, because he's THE ROCK. No matter what, people will like him because of what he did. I know a lot of people that even liked the Hollywood Rock, that Rock was brilliant.

There are 10 hours left of TV time before mania. That is not enough for The Rock to turn and get hated. The WM29 crowd will boo Cena. There is no way that the crowd will ever turn on the Rock.

this was the way it should have been booked, from the night after Rock won the WWE Title. The same way he returned in 2003 when he rematched Hogan....fans would have gotten behind Cena, and they when Cena beat him at Mania 29, could have opulled the best double turn in history where Cena could have destroyed Rock with weapons or assistance from somebody, leaving WWE with a new champion, a heel Cena and a brand new direction for the company. Cena speech the followeing night on Raw would be epic and ratings would be through the roof. Instead Cena will win clean, they shake hands and hopefully the night ends with Lesnar coming out and taking somebody out

And I read the comments and a lot of fans were pissed off bcuz of "hollywood" rocky.
The comments you read were those of IWC fans who take this stuff way too seriously. "Oh no! The Rock didn't take the title on Leno! How ever will people find out about WrestleMania!? The Rock sucks! Raw sucks because of The Rock! Everything sucks except what I had envisioned in my head!"

The Rock can't, won't, and shouldn't turn heel. He's too famous, too charismatic, and too valuable. Cena on the other hand, while plenty famous, charismatic, and valuable, has a very stale act. Maybe if he went away for 7 years and came back, he could get the benefit of the doubt, but we'll only find out if he does that. Frankly if anyone should turn heel tomorrow night, it's John. That's a big "if," though. This match is sold, people. Last week's Raw was lousy because the folks behind the scenes are incompetent, not because The Rock wasn't there. The Rock not being there doesn't excuse Cena's corny promo or the lack of effective build up to all of the other feuds going on. All of that being said though, I have no doubt that MetLife Stadium will set an attendance record, WM29 will draw over one million pay-per-view buys, and that nearly every IWC'er who is bitching and moaning will watch the show, legally or otherwise.

Hollywood Rock was, imo, the best and most entertaining incarnation of the Great One, and WWE would have been sitting on a gold mine had they tried it again. As good of a face Rock is, people seem to forget he was an awesome heel, and letting him kind of hold the title hostage as his Hollywood persona could have:

A. Turned CM Punk back into the megaface he was
B. Ensure that Cena isn't booed out of the building at WM and make people actually want him as champ for once
C. Give us an awesome heel Rock program

But it's way too late to pull the trigger on that with 2 weeks left until WM. To be honest, I'm still expecting a miracle in terms of Rock/Cena 2 considering how underwhelming its been so far.

Here is the problem with Rock as a heel. He can't draw heat. He has reached Sting level of Icon status. Consider WCW ill-fated attempt to turn Sting heel he still got face pops, when TNA had the Main Event Mafia aka New World Order Part Deux, he still got face pops. That is the problem with The Rock, he can't draw heel heat. Rock has done a good job of shinnng Punk in his promos and his clean win against Punk has established Cena as a legit threat to Rock, I see Rock elevating Cena, letting him so he can go film another movie. WWE is probably aware that the smarts know it is a forgone conclusion that Cena wins, what they need instead is figure out a way to give WWE fans a "WTF just happened moment", (I.E. Hogan coming down at Bash At The Beach, and instead of helping the faces helping Hall and Nash igniting the NWO). That is what the WWE needs for WM 29 or the night after. They need to create a moment that has the fans talking the next day, and will light up the social media.

We already have a thread for discussing the WM match and about a billion others to discuss all other aspects of Rock/Cena.

CLOSED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back