If tna does shut down is there any way that it does not end up in the hands of wwe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Roode Fan

Occasional Pre-Show
I would hope so. I would rather see the company just be shut down and panda use the video libary themselves than see it go to wwe. Why should it go to wwe? That way they can bury the talents there in the first documentary about tna. Aj Styles, Joe, Roode, Aries , Daneils would be buries to the extreme. Think about MVP next big thing in 2008 right, in 2010 when he was buried he was nothing more than a mid card act, and that is the way people saw him. I know Aj, Joe, Roode are not the biggest stars to ever live but they do not deserve to be buried by wwe.

I remember when you made this thread a month ago.

Anyway, to answer your question, one way the video library doesn't end up in WWE is if the Carters decide not to sell it to them, or Jarrett, or whoever makes that decision. Truth is though they will likely make every effort to wash their hands of it if it comes to that.

WWE would have nothing to gain by burying the talent there. More than likely they can make more money with a 'best of' DVD, than a 'TNA Sux' DVD... because why would you buy a DVD of something WWE tells you sucks. You could argue there's a risk WWE would improperly use the TALENT if they were to join, but not the video library, because that wouldn't make much sense to do. Nor have they ever done it before.

You need to relax pal.

Anyway, to answer your question, one way the video library doesn't end up in WWE is if the Carters decide not to sell it to them, or Jarrett, or whoever makes that decision. Truth is though they will likely make every effort to wash their hands of it if it comes to that.

WWE would have nothing to gain by burying the talent there. More than likely they can make more money with a 'best of' DVD, than a 'TNA Sux' DVD... because why would you buy a DVD of something WWE tells you sucks. You could argue there's a risk WWE would improperly use the TALENT if they were to join, but not the video library, because that wouldn't make much sense to do. Nor have they ever done it before.

You need to relax pal.

Have you seen the rise and fall of WCW where they buried Jarret, pehaps wwe feels like tna stars should have made more of an effort to go to wwe and so they will bury them for that. I hope you are right.

You need to relax pal.

Also differnet what people can tna be bought by.

Personally, I'm not all that certain that WWE would be interested in purchasing TNA. As has been stated in numerous threads on this same subject, TNA isn't WCW and one thing that WCW had that Vince very much wanted was an extensive video library. Not only did WCW have the tape library of the company when it was Jim Crockett Promotions, it also had the tape libraries of Georgia Championship Wrestling, Florida Championship Wrestling and a few others. There've been a good number of people who've paid a lot of money for DVD compilations featuring stars from yesterday. However, I don't see a lot of people ponying up the dough to watch said compilations of AJ Styles, Beer Money or The Main Event Mafia.

For all intents and purpose, Vince ultimately wound up buying WCW and everything associated with it for, comparatively, a song. A few million bucks and Vince gained ownership of a wealth of wrestling history on tape. TNA's video library just doesn't stack up because it doesn't have the history and the big stars associated with the company are viewed by a lot of fans, incorrect or not, as older veterans well past their prime, guys that WWE wasn't interested in or a bit of both in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back