If the initials WWF could be used again....

WWF or WWE?

• WWF

• WWE

Results are only viewable after voting.
I still call it the WWF sometimes because that's what I grew up with. Does it really matter what we call it the WWF/WWE, it's still the same? I mean it's not like all of a sudden we're going back to the Attitude Era, just because of a change in one initial.

If you think about it WWE actually encompasses all that they do now. Since Vince has branched out into the movie biz, and I use the term loosely, maybe keeping the "Entertainment" as a part of the company name is better suited.

They should keep it WWE. Honestly World Wildlife Funds never had a problem with the Federation calling themselves "WWF"...until they took their trademark overseas. If WWE hadn't've done that then we would still be calling the company WWF.

Why keep it WWE? Why call it WWF? Anybody that knows anything about wrestling will automatically think "Attitude Era" in regards to WWF because it was the last phase to pass through before the name changed. I do not consider this good on the grounds that Vince McMahon has invested in his company going PG. The Attitude Era featured pimps, ****s, and a naked Mideon. I don't think they wish to be remembered for doing this. Thus the name change is a good thing.

And besides, it's just a name. Will not change what you see at all. So some of you nostalgic at heart would really be pissed if they could make it WWF: PG Era.

Why do you think most were pissed with the WWE ECW ressurection? It damaged what concept they had for the old hardcore company.

If you think about it WWE actually encompasses all that they do now. Since Vince has branched out into the movie biz, and I use the term loosely, maybe keeping the "Entertainment" as a part of the company name is better suited.

Then that would go back to the comment made earlier in this thread where someone mentioned that WWE should stand for World Wrestling AND Entertainment.

The move to creating movies might have seemed like a good idea at the time. But judging by the movies that have come out of it, time for another plan. Vince knows how to run a wrestling company. Nothing else. Well, so far anyway. Case in point: XFL

Not to hi-jack the thread, but the XFL might have made it with some minor changes.

I wouldn't see changing to WWF as another change per se. But more of a return their traditional name. But that's semantics I guess. I get your point about making another change.

I voted "WWE" simply because this is the most irrelevant thing you could complain about. Of all the valid things worth complaining about within the WWE, why the name? The name isn't (and didn't) change the product at all. They were legally required to change the name, because the World Wildlife Fund was pretty much sick of people confusing an animal-rights group with a company featuring huge dudes beating the shit out of each other with steel chairs .

The company could change its name to QLS, and it wouldn't make a difference whatsoever. In fact, it would roll off the tongue better than "WWE" or "WWF".

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back