If Rollins and Heyman are paired together....

MCMG

King Of The Ring
There are various paths that could be taken during and after Wrestlemania but, as it stands, I reckon the WWE will go with Rollins and Heyman. They foreshadowed it a few months ago and if Brock leaves, Rollins/Heyman would be a smart move.

It could be as simple as Sting beats HHH; The Authority disappears and Rollins is stranded. Orton nearly kills him, he finds Heyman who wants his revenge on Reigns who is likely to take the World Title. Rollins, of course, being Mr. MITB. Rollins and Heyman could be fascinating together and it allows Rollins to remain the coward he is. It also ensures Heyman remains on TV which is good for everyone.

What I'm curious about, however, is if a stable might not be the best option. Heyman of course had success with the Dangerous Alliance. Rollins would obviously be the leader but they could have 2 or 3 others be used to open up some possibilities. To give us different main-events on Raw and Smackdown. To allow Rollins to cheat and to give credibility to a few different talents. It would also get Heyman on TV more - the WWE have him so may as well use him.

In my mind an obvious duo to join would be Cesaro and Kidd. Cesaro of course has history and it is realistic for Heyman to pick them as clients. Plus they are the tag champs. A fourth person could join too. Perhaps someone from NXT, male or female. What about Samoa Joe? Big E is another name that come to mind. Indeed, it could just be Rollins, Cesaro and Kidd - that would be fantastic entertainment.

I'm interested to see what happens after Mania with Heyman. In all likelihood, it's the last time we ever see Heyman and Brock working together. It is incomprehensible that the WWE let Heyman leave so he must be paired with someone. Rollins is the obvious choice but many feel Reigns makes a lot of sense. I personally just don't buy a Reigns heel turn. The other option is building someone from the mid-card (or indeed NXT) but they tried that and it is a lot more difficult than it seems. The counter to that is that with no Lesnar in the equation, Heyman only has one focus.

So, where do you think Heyman should go post-Mania? Indeed, if it Rollins and Heyman, do they have an entire stable or is it just the two of them.

At this point, I think either Reigns/Rollins would be a good choice for the next Heyman guy.

With all of his 'fawning' over Reigns, I think Heyman siding with him in a huge heel turn, would be an interesting move and it has foundations setup for it to be well-received as well. However, IF Reigns becomes another Top Heel, then there is also Rollins, Wyatt and Rusev who are all also up and comers in the Heel ranks... I do wonder if perhaps either Rollins/Wyatt have a face turn assuming that WWE is interested in pushing all 4 of the guys mentioned.

Thus, given the above situation, a Rollins-Heyman pairing might be easier on the overall WWE landscape, especially with Rollins being the MitB holder... only problem is, IF he were to cash-in at Mania itself or on the RAW post-Mania, he will definitely be cheered big time, and I can't see that as being Best for Business.

:headscratch:
It seems to be a touch and go decision, doesn't it. I do believe that either guy would work well with Heyman, however, just in different ways.
Personally, I'd go with a Reigns heel turn and him siding with Heyman, as I think it would work out better for him in the long term, whilst Rollins can handle himself in all aspects well enough at this point and has been great as a Singles guy thus far.

This is just wishful thinking but I hope they do not go the expected route and there is no next Heyman Guy. It would be nice to have a break from the same old cycle we've seen over the last few years. It would be really nice to see them utilize Heyman skill set a bit more with a return to announcers table. Add him to the SD! team along side Saxton and Lawler. Heyman will elevate even Lawler and more importantly the program as a whole.

If they do keep Heyman in a managers role I'd like to see a traditional stable that possibly leads to a power struggle with Stephanie and her eventual removal from television.

Brock Lesnar - Physical beast, who isn't great on the mic.
Roman Reigns - Physical beat, who isn't great on the mic.
It would fit, except I don't see Reigns turning Heel.

Rollins and Heyman might work. Rollins doesn't need Heyman.
Rollins is the favorite of the Authority, why would he throw that away? And if they turned on him, he'd probably be turned face. Rollins can also handle himself on the mic,

Putting Rollins with Heyman would be a waste of both talents. Rollins is fine on the mic and can handle himself well. Heyman if he's going to stay a manager needs to be with someone who needs him. Not Reigns. Reigns has to learn to do it himself.

I agree with putting Heyman at the announce table. Replace Cole with Heyman on SD, then it might actually be worth watching just to hear Heyman tear Lawler a new one each week.

Heyman on the mic changes the mood in arenas. I dont think you waste that kind of talent behind the announce desk. And I agree that Rollins probably needs Heyman the least. If you're looking for someone to make as a new Heyman guy, don't sleep on Rusev. It would be the perfect way to elevate him to main event status. Keep Lana around, the two would be fine as a pair under Heyman. They could even play it that their former alliance with the Authority was ok but that they never did anything to elevate him past the US Belt because of favoritism for Rollins.

Honestly I don't think that Rollins needs Heyman at all, he is great in the mic and cuts really good promos on his own. Heyman should be use to support someone that can't (Reigns? Neville?)

There are various paths that could be taken during and after Wrestlemania but, as it stands, I reckon the WWE will go with Rollins and Heyman. They foreshadowed it a few months ago and if Brock leaves, Rollins/Heyman would be a smart move.

It could be as simple as Sting beats HHH; The Authority disappears and Rollins is stranded. Orton nearly kills him, he finds Heyman who wants his revenge on Reigns who is likely to take the World Title. Rollins, of course, being Mr. MITB. Rollins and Heyman could be fascinating together and it allows Rollins to remain the coward he is. It also ensures Heyman remains on TV which is good for everyone.

What I'm curious about, however, is if a stable might not be the best option. Heyman of course had success with the Dangerous Alliance. Rollins would obviously be the leader but they could have 2 or 3 others be used to open up some possibilities. To give us different main-events on Raw and Smackdown. To allow Rollins to cheat and to give credibility to a few different talents. It would also get Heyman on TV more - the WWE have him so may as well use him.

In my mind an obvious duo to join would be Cesaro and Kidd. Cesaro of course has history and it is realistic for Heyman to pick them as clients. Plus they are the tag champs. A fourth person could join too. Perhaps someone from NXT, male or female. What about Samoa Joe? Big E is another name that come to mind. Indeed, it could just be Rollins, Cesaro and Kidd - that would be fantastic entertainment.

I'm interested to see what happens after Mania with Heyman. In all likelihood, it's the last time we ever see Heyman and Brock working together. It is incomprehensible that the WWE let Heyman leave so he must be paired with someone. Rollins is the obvious choice but many feel Reigns makes a lot of sense. I personally just don't buy a Reigns heel turn. The other option is building someone from the mid-card (or indeed NXT) but they tried that and it is a lot more difficult than it seems. The counter to that is that with no Lesnar in the equation, Heyman only has one focus.

So, where do you think Heyman should go post-Mania? Indeed, if it Rollins and Heyman, do they have an entire stable or is it just the two of them.

It depends on what happens with Brock. If he resigns, I assume he'll return in time for Brock's next match, probably a rematch against Reigns.

If Brock leaves, I assume Heyman will disappear and could return and push a young talent out of NXT.

If he do get paired with Rollins, I could see it would be just the two of them. Rollins doesn't really need him. He is great on the mic and is the top full-time heel in the company.

I think the OP has nailed in the way he would have Rollins and Heyman team up. For all the people that say Rollins is fine on the mic he doesn't need Heyman, do you remember a particular CM Punk?

Now with some people saying they would rather see Reigns turn heel and team up with Heyman I have one question. How in the hell do you expect that to happen? I mean seriously if you think it's going to happen at 'mania by Heyman aligning himself with Reigns thus turning Reigns heel think again. The amount of heat that Lesnar has on himself right now means that if Heyman did that, its more than likely going to turn him face.

I think the OP has nailed in the way he would have Rollins and Heyman team up. For all the people that say Rollins is fine on the mic he doesn't need Heyman, do you remember a particular CM Punk?

Now with some people saying they would rather see Reigns turn heel and team up with Heyman I have one question. How in the hell do you expect that to happen? I mean seriously if you think it's going to happen at 'mania by Heyman aligning himself with Reigns thus turning Reigns heel think again. The amount of heat that Lesnar has on himself right now means that if Heyman did that, its more than likely going to turn him face.

Don't really understand what you mean to say perfectly, but with regards to Brock having heat on himself, I am sure that Brock will be the de facto Babyface vs Reigns even though he is supposed to be a villain, thus Heyman aligning himself with the latter would still make him a heel. However, given how the crowd is, IF Heyman were to align himself with Reigns which prompts 'cheers' from the crowd, I guess the WWE could just run with it anyways.

Don't really understand what you mean to say perfectly, but with regards to Brock having heat on himself, I am sure that Brock will be the de facto Babyface vs Reigns even though he is supposed to be a villain, thus Heyman aligning himself with the latter would still make him a heel. However, given how the crowd is, IF Heyman were to align himself with Reigns which prompts 'cheers' from the crowd, I guess the WWE could just run with it anyways.

I agree. This is going to be one match where the lines will be blurred between who get the most cheers. Fans who don't like Reigns will be on Lesnar's side and that might be a lot.

Heyman will have nothing to do with the equation, it's already set going into the match. Lesnar is already getting a favourable crowd reaction, and if the main page is to be believed then the WWE is slightly worried about a smarky crowd in Levi Stadium.

I agree. This is going to be one match where the lines will be blurred between who get the most cheers. Fans who don't like Reigns will be on Lesnar's side and that might be a lot.

Heyman will have nothing to do with the equation, it's already set going into the match. Lesnar is already getting a favourable crowd reaction, and if the main page is to be believed then the WWE is slightly worried about a smarky crowd in Levi Stadium.

I'm not sure why they are worried, tho. Their 'worry' is only been brought about by their stubborness after they themselves booked Roman Reigns into a corner from the beginning of his singles run. Reigns has confronted Rollins loads of times, but other than the Ambrose eulogy scene way back, when has the Shield break-up angle been properly referenced as a reason for Reigns' hostility towards Rollins? I feel strongly that due to the rocket-ship push for Reigns, and the want for Rollins as Top Heel, they destroyed what could have been a defining Shield break-up story angle mixed with the destruction of the Authority.

Over and over, I read of many people who got back into the WWE because of the Shield, and to see the WWE put them in hot programmes like the one against the Wyatts and the Authority, only to half-arse those programmes really makes me wonder at times.

Many fans are 'fickle' and have "ADD" and just read/hear/see that Roman Reigns was the 'Chosen One' and shit on him because he obviously isn't close to a finished product. But, how many fans realise that Roman Reigns storyline booking from the beginning of his Singles run never allowed him to connect with the audience whatsoever, whilst Ambrose and Rollins had their feud over a couple of months which did exactly that for them?

Thus, here we are, a couple weeks away from WrestleMania 31, with yet another poorly built Roman Reigns storyline. Watching RAW since Fast Lane, a casual viewer would be wondering if it is Reigns vs Lesnar as advertised, or Reigns vs the Authority as shown on TV... :shrug: :banghead:

I'm not sure why they are worried, tho. Their 'worry' is only been brought about by their stubborness after they themselves booked Roman Reigns into a corner from the beginning of his singles run. Reigns has confronted Rollins loads of times, but other than the Ambrose eulogy scene way back, when has the Shield break-up angle been properly referenced as a reason for Reigns' hostility towards Rollins? I feel strongly that due to the rocket-ship push for Reigns, and the want for Rollins as Top Heel, they destroyed what could have been a defining Shield break-up story angle mixed with the destruction of the Authority.

Over and over, I read of many people who got back into the WWE because of the Shield, and to see the WWE put them in hot programmes like the one against the Wyatts and the Authority, only to half-arse those programmes really makes me wonder at times.

Many fans are 'fickle' and have "ADD" and just read/hear/see that Roman Reigns was the 'Chosen One' and shit on him because he obviously isn't close to a finished product. But, how many fans realise that Roman Reigns storyline booking from the beginning of his Singles run never allowed him to connect with the audience whatsoever, whilst Ambrose and Rollins had their feud over a couple of months which did exactly that for them?

Thus, here we are, a couple weeks away from WrestleMania 31, with yet another poorly built Roman Reigns storyline, watching RAW since Fast Lane, a casual viewer would be wondering if it is Reigns vs Lesnar as advertised, or Reigns vs the Authority as shown on TV... :shrug: :banghead:

Oh don't get me started on why they broke up the Shield, no reason for it, they could have still had singles matches and stayed together. I agree Reigns booking has been absolutely horrible since the break up. But I disagree that it's because he's the "Chosen One". It's more like you look at Rollins and Ambrose and see what they've done, look at Reigns and it's night and day. Again booking and creative, and his injury didn't help either. It's not his fault.

He has been the suffer the most from the Shield break up, booking wise, and it's still happening. You're right Mania is 3 weeks away, and if you look back over the past few RAW's you would think he's fighting Heyman. This is the most lacklustre build to a main event feud I've seen in a long time.

The reason the WWE is worried is because they know about the IWC, and they've said if the crowd at Levi Stadium is made up of members of it, they will shit all over the match. They are probably right but they brought it on themselves and they now have to deal with it. The issue is Reigns is the one who will get booed not Vince or HHH. They can hide in the back.

Oh don't get me started on why they broke up the Shield, no reason for it, they could have still had singles matches and stayed together. I agree Reigns booking has been absolutely horrible since the break up. But I disagree that it's because he's the "Chosen One". It's more like you look at Rollins and Ambrose and see what they've done, look at Reigns and it's night and day. Again booking and creative, and his injury didn't help either. It's not his fault.

He has been the suffer the most from the Shield break up, booking wise, and it's still happening. You're right Mania is 3 weeks away, and if you look back over the past few RAW's you would think he's fighting Heyman. This is the most lacklustre build to a main event feud I've seen in a long time.

The reason the WWE is worried is because they know about the IWC, and they've said if the crowd at Levi Stadium is made up of members of it, they will shit all over the match. They are probably right but they brought it on themselves and they now have to deal with it. The issue is Reigns is the one who will get booed not Vince or HHH. They can hide in the back.

Trust me, people started slowly 'hating' on Roman Reigns from the time he was positioned as the 'Leader' of the Shield vs the Wyatt family. Indeed, because he was in the Shield, there wasn't as much scrutiny of his abilities then, but slowly there were people who were against him because they determined that Joe Anoa'i wasn't ready.

Then we had a singles run that included feuds with Stale Orton, Stale Kane and Stale Big Show.
I agree, Ambrose and Rollins, are both vets in the business, but they got the 'Money Angle' coming out of the Shield break-up, whilst Reigns got an interesting angle that was clearly dropped after SummerSlam for whatever reason, thus, there were already those who thought that Joe Anoa'i wasn't ready, and then in kayfabe, there were those who thought that Roman Reigns forgot about the Shield break-up. Explain to me how he was supposed to connect to the audience if his character is written like a guy with "ADD"?

As for him being 'booed' at Mania. That is obvious at this point. Question is; will Vince and Co. wisen up and give Reigns a heel run, perhaps with Heyman by his side, and actually spend a few months working on his character?? Somehow I doubt it, and as you say, it will end as a case of, "Roman Reigns screwed Roman Reigns." :disappointed:

Trust me, people started slowly 'hating' on Roman Reigns from the time he was positioned as the 'Leader' of the Shield vs the Wyatt family. Indeed, because he was in the Shield, there wasn't as much scrutiny of his abilities then, but slowly there were people who were against him because they determined that Joe Anoa'i wasn't ready.

Then we had a singles run that included feuds with Stale Orton, Stale Kane and Stale Big Show.
I agree, Ambrose and Rollins, are both vets in the business, but they got the 'Money Angle' coming out of the Shield break-up, whilst Reigns got an interesting angle that was clearly dropped after SummerSlam for whatever reason, thus, there were already those who thought that Joe Anoa'i wasn't ready, and then in kayfabe, there were those who thought that Roman Reigns forgot about the Shield break-up. Explain to me how he was supposed to connect to the audience if his character is written like a guy with "ADD"?

As for him being 'booed' at Mania. That is obvious at this point. Question is; will Vince and Co. wisen up and give Reigns a heel run, perhaps with Heyman by his side, and actually spend a few months working on his character?? Somehow I doubt it, and as you say, it will end as a case of, "Roman Reigns screwed Roman Reigns." :disappointed:

See I never thought that Reigns was the leader of the Shield. To me he was the muscle, the guy who never said anything. Ambrose and Rollins, especially Rollins always came over more the leader than the other two. They were more or less his backup.

Yes they couldn't have put Reigns with a more boring bunch afterwards could they. Kane and Big Show are charisma vacuums guaranteed to suck the air out of any feud. That's what stopped his momentum, and the fact he's clearly not ready, because he was crazy over when the Shield broke up.

They will not turn him heel, Rollins is the top heel right now after Lesnar and he plays the role perfectly. That's why I can't see Heyman becoming Reigns mouthpiece either. You have the three Shield members....one is already a top heel, Ambrose is straddling the line and Reigns is the face.

If they do turn him heel, then put the faction back together and let them do what they do best, tear through the locker room.

What I'm saying is that the way Lesnar is been portrayed at the minute there is no way he will go into that match been a babyface. So then if Heyman turns on Lesnar to help Reigns win then he's turning face. So when people say that Reigns should turn heel and align with Heyman, and this is the scenario people have suggested to turn Reigns heel, then it just isn't going to work.

What I'm saying is that the way Lesnar is been portrayed at the minute there is no way he will go into that match been a babyface. So then if Heyman turns on Lesnar to help Reigns win then he's turning face. So when people say that Reigns should turn heel and align with Heyman, and this is the scenario people have suggested to turn Reigns heel, then it just isn't going to work.

I do see what you are getting at, however, Reigns is more likely to be booed at Mania than Brock Lesnar is, so a Heyman double crossing Lesnar would just cement Reigns as a true Heel going forward whilst Lesnar can complete the double turn by becoming a true face by the end of Mania.

That said, we all know Vince will try to force Reigns as a babyface regardless of the crowd response at Mania.

The "Next Paul Heyman Guy" gimmick went to shit after Curtis Axel and Ryback.

To be perfectly honest, if Paul Heyman doesnt have Brock or Punk it wont be as special.
Put his great speaking skills to best use and have him as the heel announcer. Hes done it in the past and I was a big fan

The "Next Paul Heyman Guy" gimmick went to shit after Curtis Axel and Ryback.

To be perfectly honest, if Paul Heyman doesnt have Brock or Punk it wont be as special.
Put his great speaking skills to best use and have him as the heel announcer. Hes done it in the past and I was a big fan

Because you had two wrestlers that were going nowhere, and the people knew it. Heyman did what he could for RybAxel. You cannot get anywhere when you only have three cylinders running an a six cylinder car. For a Manager to be effective at what he does, you need direction for his charge.

But, as I have said before, Heyman's best talents will come around once Vince is gone. I see him becoming head booker of RAW under Stephanie. Rollins needs a Heyman, Blassie or Albano like he needs hemorrhoids. He is fine where he is. In the meantime, the ME at WM will be a cluster no matter what. Reigns will win, Lesnar will leave, and the rest of us will crap all over it.

I am all for Rollins and Heyman to be paired up. But to really make it work, they need to get rid of The Authority. Just take a year long break from that management garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back