if Hulk Hogan Never jumped to WCW what would of happened?

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
ok guys I know this is abit of a random thought, but me and a few Army buddies was talking yesterday and got talking about hogan's career and what would of happened if he stayed with the WWE? do you think he would of turned heel? would he of started his own stable like the NWO if so with who?
and would Austin, Rock, HBK got over to the heights they did?

I think history would of repeated it's self because the fans turned Austin into the face of the company because we could relate to him and the rock well he is the rock, I think HBK would of still been the Showstopper because i reckon Hogan would of left to try and make movies and HBK Would pick up the piece's.

I think by the time of the attitude era Hogan would of turned heel and formed his own group maybe with guys like HBK, HHH, Rock,Vince McMahon, and others and Austin would of been the guy to take them on,

i doubt HHH would of reached the heights he has got to because he would of been overshadowed by HBK , Hogan, Austin.

I doubt HBK would of got injuryed because i reckon Hogan would of main evented nearly every mainevent with Austin, Undertaker and so on even maybe HBK now and then.

I know this is random i just wanted to get peoples thought on it thanks!

He was doing acting before Bischoff signed him to WCW.

He might have gone back to WWF, but Bret was the top guy by then. I also don't think he would have been as big anyway.

He had left wrestling entirely by that time, he was doing Thunder in paradise in Orlando and as far as I can recall he had no intention of going back to wrestling as he thought he was going to be a big star in hollywood.

Bischoff took a stab in the dark and offered Hogan a big bag of cash and Hogan took it.

Had he not have gone to wCw then I'd guess he'd have gone back to WWF and forced his way into the main event scene, I think he'd of been done by 1998 and Vince would have really pushed him down the pecking order, behind Hart, HBK and Taker.

The bigger question is, would Hall, Nash etc jumped ship had Hogan not signed for wCw, would Bischoff have been able to convince them that wCw was a better option, Hogan gave wCw a massive shot in the arm media wise when he joined and really made people sit up and think maybe they are the future. So that also would have impacted guys like Trips, Austin and The Rock as the spots they filled perhaps may not have been free.

All a big bag of if's and buts.

I think first and foremost we wouldn't have seen Bischoff in charge for long. Also Hogan's buddies and former WWF guys wouldn't have run wild in 94-95. I think it was only time before Austin would have been a main event player in WCW, possibly becoming a horseman and then eventually haven't great feuds with Flair. Flair supposedly always supported Austin.

WCW would never have made the money they did and signed the talent they did later in 96 either, not saying they couldn't have signed them but it would have turned out differently. I think Vader would have remained a player in WCW for years to come.

As for WWF, I think Hogan would have tried to come back at times and Vince may have given into him. I think eventually Vince would have had to tell him no. Without Hogan in WCW I don't think Austin would have ended up in the WWF and we wouldn't have had the "MSG Incident". Mankind, Rock would have ended up in the WWF though, no doubt. I think WWF would have gotten strong and we probably wouldn't have seen Vince trying to pay Bret insane amounts of money and the Screwjob probably would not have happened due to WCW really burying WWF at the time.

We would have got a very different look at wrestling in the mid to late 90s and I'm not so sure the attitude era would have taken off like it did, we may have got an edgier product but I don't think it would have went full blown like it did.

No way the WWE/F could have made a heel turn for Hogan the way WCW did. Look at how reluctant they have been to turn Cena heel, the same would be said for Hogan on an even bigger scale. They may have tried it but WCW just had so many pieces in place with The Outsiders gimmick. Bash Bischoff all you want but the best months in wrestling history took place during the formation of the NWO.

Hogan would have stayed a major star no matter what happened, but I think the move to WCW gave Hogan that career flexibility that furthered his legacy. To finish, I just don't see Hogan having the success he did later in his career without the move to WCW. It even helped my making his return to the WWE seem that more special.

Here's the thing, if Hogan hadn't gone to WCW, it would've left a lot less room for guys like Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels to grow as main event contenders as "early" as they did. The whole reason those guys started succeeding in the first place was because of the whole steroid thing that Hogan was mainly the center of, but of course that was well before Hogan left for WCW. It still could've been possible that Nash could've come in as Diesel and challenged Hogan in a main event spot, even though it was HBK that "discovered" Nash in the first place. Assuming HBK's pull would've been eclipsed by Hogan's, that leaves little room to the imagination as for Nash, Hall, Triple H and HBK rising to the top. That being said, maybe, if Nash would've been successful as someone for Hogan to run over, Triple H could've possibly come up. One of the main reasons Austin made it big was because of the animosity that he and Heyman created in ECW. It was because the guys running WCW didn't care about Austin or his ideas that led to him floundering in WCW. His injury of course was what eventually led to his release and thus he went to ECW. That chip on Austin's shoulder was what catapulted him. He was already a great wrestler, he just needed a great gimmick. All that being said, I find it hard to believe that a lot of your ideas would've come to fruition. But eventually Hogan would've probably stepped aside for more movies or injuries or whatever and someone else would've inevitably taken his spot. So all in all, I don't think that much history would've changed.

It would have effected WCW more then the WWE. WWE would have been effected by the fact that WCW wouldn't have been the competition it once was. But, the biggest effect would have been WCW not having Hogan in the NWO, or not having an NWO at all. Therefore, the HUGE ratings wouldn't have ever happened and WCW wouldn't have made it The Monday Night War that it was.

I think the wrestling world would be entirely different as we know it.

If Hogan had remained in WWE then the nWo would never have been formed, WWE would never have countered this by forming their own version in D-Generation X and Hulk Hogan would still have been hanging around the main event scene into the late 90s, having held down Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and others by stealing their spot and spotlight.

Hogan would never have turned heel in the WWE, Vince would never have even considered it, and Hulk's status in the company would have ensured he would have remained a major draw until he required. Hopefully McMahon would have been able to slowly move Hogan aside, but up until he left for WCW he was still involved in the title scene.

WWE Attitude Era may have occured due to the changes ECW would have continued making to the business, but the career paths of many superstars would have changed. WCW would not have benefitted from the huge boom period caused by the formation of the nWo, meaning lots of different wrestlers may have been pushed more without the presense and ego of Hogan, Hall and Nash- e.g Jericho, Malenko and Benoit who were underused in WCW once the nWo began to dominate.

The company would not have had the finances to steal away the WWE's big stars, so they would probably have remained with Vince. This in turn would have altered the careers of guys like Triple H, The Rock and Steve Austin who may not have received the opportunites they were given when the main eventers jumped to WCW in the real world. With Nash, Hogan and the others remaining in WWE we may never have seen the birth of Stone Cold or The Rock

So, I think Hogan going to WCW was a good thing for the WWE, WCW, Hogan himself and the rest of the WWE roster- especially the younger talent. For the other WCW wrestlers I believe that no Hogan could have meant more opportunities to shine higher up the card, but the company as a whole would have suffered earlier than it did without the nWo and increased ratings, brought on by The Hulkster and his posse.

I think the wrestling world would be entirely different as we know it.

If Hogan had remained in WWE then the nWo would never have been formed, WWE would never have countered this by forming their own version in D-Generation X and Hulk Hogan would still have been hanging around the main event scene into the late 90s, having held down Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart and others by stealing their spot and spotlight.

Hogan would never have turned heel in the WWE, Vince would never have even considered it, and Hulk's status in the company would have ensured he would have remained a major draw until he required. Hopefully McMahon would have been able to slowly move Hogan aside, but up until he left for WCW he was still involved in the title scene.

WWE Attitude Era may have occured due to the changes ECW would have continued making to the business, but the career paths of many superstars would have changed. WCW would not have benefitted from the huge boom period caused by the formation of the nWo, meaning lots of different wrestlers may have been pushed more without the presense and ego of Hogan, Hall and Nash- e.g Jericho, Malenko and Benoit who were underused in WCW once the nWo began to dominate.

The company would not have had the finances to steal away the WWE's big stars, so they would probably have remained with Vince. This in turn would have altered the careers of guys like Triple H, The Rock and Steve Austin who may not have received the opportunites they were given when the main eventers jumped to WCW in the real world. With Nash, Hogan and the others remaining in WWE we may never have seen the birth of Stone Cold or The Rock

So, I think Hogan going to WCW was a good thing for the WWE, WCW, Hogan himself and the rest of the WWE roster- especially the younger talent. For the other WCW wrestlers I believe that no Hogan could have meant more opportunities to shine higher up the card, but the company as a whole would have suffered earlier than it did without the nWo and increased ratings, brought on by The Hulkster and his posse.

I gotta disagree with you on some of this Natural. If Hogan had stayed in the WWE, the nWo still probably would've happened. Hall and Nash didn't go to WCW because of Hogan, and the nWo was an idea WCW adopted from New Japan Pro Wrestling. It may not have been as successful without Hogan being the mystery 3rd man.

As for the money, Ted Turner had plenty of it, not just because of Hogan. Savage was still severely underused in the WWE so he may still have jumped to WCW.

The same thing probably would've just happened but instead of people getting fed up with Hogan/creative in WCW, it would've been the WWE. It wouldn't surprise me if guys like HBK, Triple H, etc. would've started jumping to WCW and joining the nWo. Although they would've probably been burried in the WWE had Hogan stuck around, they eventually would've made it. Look at Jericho, the Radicalz (more specifically Benoit and Guerrero.)

You did bring up a good point though in ECW. ECW is without a doubt what started the Attitude Era. Which is why I also think Hogan would've turned heel eventually. His Real American gimmick was just getting stale, which is why he turned in WCW. Hogan leaving for WCW was definitely a good thing for WWE, and in the long-run, Hogan as well. Towards the end of his WCW run, he was tired and WCW was starting to utilize their younger talent. When he came back to Vince it was a total resurgence of his career.

I think the biggest point to look at though is Steve Austin. As I mentioned in my previous post, Steve was fired from WCW because of his injury. Paul Heyman capitalized on Steve's animosity and helped lay the ground work for what would eventually become Stone Cold.

I still think that everything, for the most part, that has transpired over the years, would still have transpired.

I don't mind you disagreeing with me dude, you do make some valid points.

If Hogan had stayed in the WWE, the nWo still probably would've happened. Hall and Nash didn't go to WCW because of Hogan, and the nWo was an idea WCW adopted from New Japan Pro Wrestling. It may not have been as successful without Hogan being the mystery 3rd man.

Yeah, I see your point. They had already got Nash and Hall doing the "invaders" thing, and would probably have used another big name instead of Hogan. I just do not think anyone else turning heel would have had anywhere near the same shock factor and effect that the ultimate good guy Hulk Hogan turning heel. It really was a big deal.

I accept your point over the nWo happening though, but it wouldn't have had the same impact with Hollywood Hogan. That is what made it so successful

Hogan had ran his course in WWF by that time. Either way, he stopped for a year after WM8 and when he came back at WM9 and won the title, he only worked periodically and the house show business took a dive. His matches were the same old story and you had the younger, more athletic guys in the "New Generation" having exciting matches. After he dropped the belt to Yoko, there was no word of him going to WCW. He was just done for the time being. I think stuff would have played out in a similar manner. Hogan may have tried to creep his way back in, but I could see Vince doing things to drag him down like he did to Bret towards the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back