If Eric Young Draws Ratings, Should He Keep the Title?

What? You didn't answer any of my questions. Shit I just want ONE question answered really and that's for you to supply me with a list of these incredible "intense battles" Young has been involved in over the last few months. That's all I really want.

Intense battle, pretty much meant to say is that he puts on as good a match as pretty much anyone else on the roster. I can stand behind that. Intense battle would be ROH Ladder War or Brock/Punk lol, but Young has had some of the best matches in TNA in recent months. The World Title Match with Magnus was pretty good and featured moves you don't normally see.. Young has the basic 1999 WWF Attitude era moveset, that's why he is so cool. Atomic Drops, Elbow Drops, Piledrivers that stuff you don't see much anymore. I also stated that I enjoyed his match with Abyss it was wild and out of control. It's hard to say TNA can put on an intense battle with a commercial break only 8 minutes away. Young stole the show in the latest Lethal Lockdown match. The reason I used the word intense is because Eric Young is always intense and wild and displaying a lot of passion. I say battle because I picture his ripped bearded frame throwing those wild right hands. Not too forget he won a 10 man Royal Rumble the same night he won the World Title. It was very well executed.

I love TNA. One of my favorite companies ever, their run of shows from 04-06 and in late 2009 are some of my favorite PPVs ever. I just got turned off by the Hogan era (like a lot of people) and then went through a period where I didn't watch any wrestling at all (WWE included) so I just haven't been caught up with them the last year.

Eric Young though? Yeah, really don't give a shit about ever seeing him again on my TV screen. He's an automatic fast-forward button on my DVR kind of guy.

Once again I don't get how your ripping a title reign you're not watching or for a wrestler you pretty much auto-tune out, not even giving a chance anymore. Young has been serious lately in case you didn't know.

Please read what you just wrote again. People using a TNA hashtag are excited about the TNA product? Why, it's almost as if the only people who use those tags are already die hard fans...oh, wait, that's exactly what it is. I'm sure if you search for the hashtag "Nirvana" you'll find a lot of people who are fans of the band too. Fucking CRAZY.

Well normally a TNA # Twitter feed is filled with just as many negative comments as positives, but when I checked it out earlier I found surprising a lot of good tweets. From the ladies too.. ohhh yeahh.. One random chick with retweets for saying we should tune in to see what Eric Young will do for the fans next. The other one with retweets that she agrees with the crowd chanting "You Deserve it" at EY. Sir, why are thousands of people wrong? Why can't we enjoy this? You don't get it... Magnus reign was torturous when you combined it with Ortons from the WWE... wrestling was like... NO HAPPINESS ANYWHERE!!! Eric Young is deserving. No doubt about that.

And I've asked you to give me some examples of how this storyline has been great, a TV segment, a match, anything. You haven't offered me anything.

http://youtu.be/03c2Y4O_Tus

Look at those reactions! It's like a combination of the streak ending and Daniel Bryan winning! They are in the impact zone though, so they're not real people like you right?

http://youtu.be/UMAsbb4ViNA

Before winning the title after winning the 10 man gauntlet earlier in the night, class act, great delivery. Great reactions. Crowd chanting. Same "Yes!" chant that Bryan gets... except Young didn't taunt for his chants. Displaying his crazy balls to the wall personality by wanting his match that night. Shocking.

http://youtu.be/3G3-DrQR5wE

Eric Young enters the World Title picture for the first time. Not for selfish reasons, but for a good cause too! The classiness continues. He lays out why he deserves a shot too. With great passion I might add, referencing his past gimmicks and history. Crowd agreeing with all his statements.

http://youtu.be/_nVy-fpddXc

The wild ride continues. I've never seen a first title defense quite like that just a week after the man won the title.

After rewatching those, man I love this World Title reign! I haven't been this excited for an Impact since AJ Styles departed TNA.

If you watch those and still can't appreciate the fact that I and many other human beings are glad that Eric Young won the World Title from Magnus, then you just have no respect for your fellow humanoids. Geeze no one ever said Eric Young is the best wrestler ever, he's just very enjoyable as champion, and how he got in it, the way he won it, who he beat, makes perfect sense.

Eric+Young+TNA+World+Champion.jpg

Eric Young is not gonna change any ratings any time soon. He's fighting an uphill battle with his enemy being TNA creative. He's not just the new champion right now, he's the only major change in TNA's continuity since December. Think about it for a second. Sacrifice is coming and so far all the matches on the card are rematches minus Roode vs Ray. TNA's creative team has been fluctuating endlessly since 2009 and each change of the helm has done nothing but flip the table and force themselves to clean it up.

Eric Young can very well be the most entertaining thing on the roster for all we want. But if there isn't a structured show that keeps people's attention and showcases him and his fellow wrestlers well enough, nothing will change.

Reactions: X
Live episodes usually draw due to no spoilers being out. TNA should keep the belt on him regardless of ratings, his talent has no limits! This rating stuff needs to die already, I never watched any show caring if someone else tuned in. Not Pokemon, not Southland or ER, The Following, Desperate Housewives, Smallville, Birds of Prey, etc. I only care if I'm watching on my 55 inch in glorious HD. If only I tuned in I was still be the happiest TNA fan!

I'm kinda enjoying EY with the belt so far. I was hugely skeptical about this move. As long as the fans stay behind him. This could work. Seems like something fresh to the mix. Even if it's drawing comparisons to Daniel Bryan winning the belt over in the WWE. I still want to see if momentum stays with EY. Or will it go away as soon as it came. Creative gotta push some feuds his way and see where it goes from there. But I guess We'll see if this bombs like the Sabin Title run.

Live episodes usually draw due to no spoilers being out. TNA should keep the belt on him regardless of ratings, his talent has no limits! This rating stuff needs to die already, I never watched any show caring if someone else tuned in. Not Pokemon, not Southland or ER, The Following, Desperate Housewives, Smallville, Birds of Prey, etc. I only care if I'm watching on my 55 inch in glorious HD. If only I tuned in I was still be the happiest TNA fan!

I agree I get tired of ratings all the time, these people who want tna to die say be a fan, but their not being fans. I do not get the obsession.

I think there are a couple things going on here. With so much tv being filmed at once, you can see the results weeks before the matches air and I think that could be causing less viewers. Even 6 months ago, you only knew what was happening the following week instead of the following month like today. But I think that does tie into a second reason which is EY is not a popular champ.

I think that they have an issue as EY right now has no character. In order to make him champ, they had to cut off his comic persona but what do you have now. Is it crazy for a champ to want to defend his title every week? Nope but it is stupid. I think now he is essential characterless making bad decisions - who wants to see that?

To me, this is showing the big difference in Daniel Bryan as a champ and EY as a champ. Bryan is willing to take on every challenge he is given where as EY is creating his own challenges. A fighting champ takes on anyone but giving away title matches each week is dumb. I think that is why the ratings drop for him - people just don't buy into it as it doesn't seem to have any direction and there is no character to get behind. Like it had been said, being with a company shouldn't earn you the title. Fans may have popped for him but was it in the way they do for a champ? Santino gets cheered - would you put the title on him? Some guys are never meant to be world champ and I think that is the case here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back