If Eric Young Draws Ratings, Should He Keep the Title?

Robert Roode Fan

Occasional Pre-Show
WOW Just stunned and happy to hear this news. I loved Young winning the belt, however I thought it was a horrible business move. This might actually be a GREAT business move. To me if Eric young draws in ratings and keeps drawing ratings, why stop the push? Tna is not in the best shape right now, if something catches fire, why not just let him hold the belt longer.

I know most of you don't like it, but if Young helps tna get ratins then WHY NOT. To me desperate times call for desperate measures and if Young actually can draw in ratings and do some good business for tna keep up th push, change your plan, look at how it worked for the wwe. Let him keep it up, people might like Young as champion. Young might be good for business, but knowing tna lately they might say wait HE is drawing good ratings kill him momentum.

Plus they have made him world CHAMPION already, why not just see what he can do as champ.

BTW The ratings ROSE 27 percent, if young keeps this up, hell I say make him the face of tna.

I think it's just best not to jump to conclusions on either side. Don't jump so quickly on ideas that could work out wonderfully, and don't get to ahead of ourselves when it comes to things that could still bomb.

A ratings pop would be expected by this point, it's all a matter if it could be maintained, which remains to be seen, but this is a chance for TNA to take advantage of that and see what they can do with it and if this goose will lay them the needed golden egg they're looking for.

I know, it's easy to look at history and doubt, but because this is EY, and EY is an original and has the support, who knows how this could work out, it just takes time to see what happens.

I think it's just best not to jump to conclusions on either side. Don't jump so quickly on ideas that could work out wonderfully, and don't get to ahead of ourselves when it comes to things that could still bomb.

A ratings pop would be expected by this point, it's all a matter if it could be maintained, which remains to be seen, but this is a chance for TNA to take advantage of that and see what they can do with it and if this goose will lay them the needed golden egg they're looking for.

I know, it's easy to look at history and doubt, but because this is EY, and EY is an original and has the support, who knows how this could work out, it just takes time to see what happens.

You are right about that. It may work out at the end of the day. However Eric Young could still bomb. However if he does maintain why take the belt off him, at this point tna should try to do anything to stay in business.

Uh, that's all cute that TNA's ratings rose 27% but ... why the HELL are you attributing this to EY winning the belt? Did we know EY was winning? Or are you assuming people tuned in to see him face Magnus?

They'll be down next week. Then up the week after that. TNA's ratings are random as hell. This means nothing.

Good for EY, I'm looking forward to see what he'll do with the reign. No one on the TNA roster can bring people in to watch. Period. Stop dreaming of big ratings, they're not happening. TNA's good where it's at. They're the 2nd largest wrestling company in North America. FAR smaller than WWE, won't ever be as successful. Can't stop them from being a good alternative and something to tune in every week for some extra wrestling. Nothing more than that.

Anyone who says they're a WWE lite or not a viable alternative is a complete moron. Anyone who says they can rival the WWE on a business level is also quite the dreamer. A ratings spike means jack shit. I wanna see an overall increase over a long period of time. This? Insignificant.

All that was advertised for the show was Dixie's appearance and the battle royal for the number one contender. People didn't know that a) Young would win and b) the title match would actually take place that night. Calling him a big ratings draw is somewhat jumping the gun. If it works out that way, then well done to him but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Unless the ratings really spiked for the last segment after people heard he had a title match, it's going to be hard to claim that he was the reason for the ratings rise.

Uh, that's all cute that TNA's ratings rose 27% but ... why the HELL are you attributing this to EY winning the belt? Did we know EY was winning? Or are you assuming people tuned in to see him face Magnus?

They'll be down next week. Then up the week after that. TNA's ratings are random as hell. This means nothing.

Good for EY, I'm looking forward to see what he'll do with the reign. No one on the TNA roster can bring people in to watch. Period. Stop dreaming of big ratings, they're not happening. TNA's good where it's at. They're the 2nd largest wrestling company in North America. FAR smaller than WWE, won't ever be as successful. Can't stop them from being a good alternative and something to tune in every week for some extra wrestling. Nothing more than that.

Anyone who says they're a WWE lite or not a viable alternative is a complete moron. Anyone who says they can rival the WWE on a business level is also quite the dreamer. A ratings spike means jack shit. I wanna see an overall increase over a long period of time. This? Insignificant.
Don't get me wrong I know tna can't get 3's and 4's all I want is them to get a 1.5 and stay in business that is all. If they can get like a 1.5 for a while then they can stay in business and get more talents. However you are right they will never rival wwe.

I was channel surfing last night and stopped on tna for a few minutes, I'm not saying I'm a hero but obviously the nielsen ratings would disagree. I really don't know why I find it so unwatchable but I can't sit through more than a few minutes. Maybe it's the crowd...they are so "yeahhhh" or "booooo" not a mixture or even unique, they seem like they are all plants. Maybe it's because last time I watched aces and eights were the super duper bad guys and now all of them are disbanded and good guys...really? Maybe it's because I have a preconceived notion about tna. Or maybe they just suck. Idk but long story short you're welcome for the 27 percent bump that I am responsible for. Sadly I won't watch next week so :( sorry

I actually support EY as champ. I really couldn't buy Magnus with the belt and it was really difficult to watch him walk around with the belt without laughing. I do like Magnus in general at first but I didn't like him winning the belt the way he did.

I think this week's ratings will be a big indicator. This news has traveled pretty well throughout the wrestling community so people know there's a new champ in TNA. The test will be to see if this news draws people back.

I know I've been making TNA a part of Thursdays for me again because I'm starting enjoy it quite a bit again. I really think EY needs a chance to run with the belt. It's new and different, plus there isn't anybody in TNA right now that could do a face run as champ like EY can.

Awesome to see Eric Young win the world title, dude deserves it. Whether he "draws ratings" or not shouldnt factor in his reign as world champion. I hope they really start giving EY a major run but something tells me he'll wind up dropping it at Sacrifice unfortunately.

Either way, it's a good decision to take the belt of Magnus, his title run has been a mess and done nothing for him.

Definitely. As a fan, I'm not worried about the business side and how much money they are making from him, but I personally thoroughly enjoy the Eric Young character, and I hope they give him at least a few months' reign with the title. Another reason for this being that he has been there for a long time; he was one of the prominent characters when TNA was at its prime, so this opportunity to show his capability at the highest level is also a reward.
On a sidenote, could this have been Christy Hemme's first move as a creative writer? Probably not, but if it was, and it works out well, it will take both Christy and Young to new heights in their respective roles, as well as TNA a few steps out of the pit.

How is the ratings increase attributed to EY? Lol there was no indication of him being in a title match leading up to the episode. If there is a ratings boost next week, then it can be credited to him.

That being said, of course they should keep the belt on him if he draws ratings. Anyone that is good for ratings should be featured prominently, why not?

This seems like an "I want to hear good things about Eric Young" thread. Lol.

A few months back there was a post about "Who should TNA move up from the Mid Card to main event?"

I suggested, if built right Eric Young could make himself believable and maybe be the challenger for one of their free PPV Spike Specials. I was called "crazy", I just thought he looked good with Hall and Nash in a more serious role and he wasn't bad as head of world elite.

This is possibly the worst thing you could do for him, if he retains, Magnus is done. If he loses, then it's a waste of a title change. I'm not someone that thinks all angles need to simmer for 6 months and I am a fan of a curveball every now and then. There are maybe 6 guys you could have done this with, face or heel, that have been positioned better in the last 4-6 weeks. Lashley, MVP, Angle, EC3, Anderson, or Gunner. Obviously Joe would be on that list if he wasn't hurt. Even Richardz or Edwards make more sence.

I like Eric. One of the few there who can take shi..... I mean Russo booking and make it decent. But this hot shot a just crazy.

Lashley, MVP, Angle, EC3, Anderson, or Gunner.

I honestly thought they were gonna have EC3, Roode or Lashley win it.

EC3 or Roode would have been the best choice in my opinion since they helped him win a lot of his title defenses and they could play off of that in the promos leading up to it.

For sure. I don't like that they made him champ but if he draws ratings they would be crazy to take the title off of him. After all, isn't that the game? Personally I don't think you will see any huge jump in ratings with him as champ but I have been wrong before.

So according to PWTorch, Impact took a dive last week with a .83 Rating. That's quite disappointing, yet quite puzzling. They still got 1million views, and their key demo, 18-49 pretty much stayed the same? If anyone would be pissed about EY winning the belt, saying it's a knock on The E, wouldn't the drop be within that key demo? Maybe I'm just reading into it too much, but something just doesn't seem right here. But then again, the Rating System is about as ancient as a Rotary Phone. So who knows.

Guys. TNA is getting beat. On the regular. By Total Divas.

The only thing TNA should be worried about ratings for, is if Spike's considering cancelling them. That's not going to happen, unless Jeff Jarrett's promotion becomes legitimately viable.

Let's stop caring about ratings; it's a loss cause for TNA, unless it has to do with their survival, which it won't. TNA will get it's million or so fans, no matter what it does. Sunset. Sunrise.

Eric Young's first week as TNA champion saw the ratings go down SIGNIFICANTLY, so its not a good business move to keep it on Young going by that. If Eric Young can turn the ratings around then why not?

I don't think putting the title on a career comedy mid carder is a wise move as it makes your title and every wrestler he beats look much less credible (although to be honest how much credibility does most of that roster have anyways?). With that said if it works and people get behind it then it would be stupid not to ride the wave as long as you can, if wrestling has taught us anything that any good talent can overcome a World Title loss to a guy like Eric Young.

Eh gotta remember the WWE started up Legends House to go along with NxT now.

Viewers who watch TNA week in and week out for years can understand and appreciate the Eric Young title reign. But he was off TV for quite a while last year I believe, so I think it killed some of his previous momentum that saw the crowd party with him to the ring, they kind of lost the clapping parties he used to have. Those who occasionally tune into TNA just see the outter shell of Eric Young and that is a goofy whacko who you're not sure if the company takes seriously. So I think that turned off a lot of the occasional TNA viewers...

I don't think they should freak out and take the title off him so quick though, say he loses to Magnus at Sacrifice, that could damage the ratings even more because I don't think many people believe in Magnus to begin with, he was just that guy too hold the title for the owner and draw heat. Think a 2nd reign of Magnus after beating Eric Young would be just as bad in the yes of the fans, it'd be like.. oh here we go with the Dixie's lap dog and chosen one stuff again.

I enjoyed EY's first title defense, thought it was one of the best first title defenses in a long time. A crazy hardcore brawl with Abyss that aired on TV for millions to see for free. They should at least give him a few more weeks to develop his heavy hearted, totally whacked out persona and let the comedy appeal to him fade. Him losing the belt so early would just make him look like even more of a joke. Give people at least a few more weeks to get invested in his reign and realize that he isn't a joke. Cause most of the people talking crap are those that hardly watch and just have this perceived image of what they think Eric Young is based off idiotic WWE marks who are quick to judge.

No.

Unless TNA's ratings jump 5 god damn full points in the ratings (okay I'll be nice, unless it jumps a FULL point at the very least and stays there) then no they should not under any circumstance keep the belt on Eric Young. Every god damn second that Eric Young is the TNA World Champion, the belt is a joke. A total and complete utter joke on par with the Diva's title. It's not that EY is even that bad of a wrestler, he's not, he can work a decent match if given the chance and as a comedy guy he's pretty good. But as a legit, serious contender or anything other than a career midcarder? FUCK NO. Seriously they might as well have given Shark Boy the title. I, and the vast majority of wrestling fans, have done nothing but laugh about this situation since it happened, because it basically captures everything that's wrong with TNA's booking in a nutshell. That, and, again, Eric Young is a fucking joke that absolutely no one other than die hard TNA fanboys take even remotely seriously.

Unless Eric Young ushers in a new Attitude Era with his title reign, get that belt the fuck off of him as soon as humanly possible. Every second he wears it, he devalues it. Not that it was particularly prestigious to begin with.

Eric Young's first week as TNA champion saw the ratings go down SIGNIFICANTLY, so its not a good business move to keep it on Young going by that. If Eric Young can turn the ratings around then why not?

I don't think putting the title on a career comedy mid carder is a wise move as it makes your title and every wrestler he beats look much less credible (although to be honest how much credibility does most of that roster have anyways?). With that said if it works and people get behind it then it would be stupid not to ride the wave as long as you can, if wrestling has taught us anything that any good talent can overcome a World Title loss to a guy like Eric Young.

Well, they'll know for sure in the coming weeks. His win occurred during the last live IMPACT they had scheduled for a number of weeks, I believe, so they won't really have an opportunity to take it off him until the next set of live tapings if this trend continues.

No.

Unless TNA's ratings jump 5 god damn full points in the ratings (okay I'll be nice, unless it jumps a FULL point at the very least and stays there) then no they should not under any circumstance keep the belt on Eric Young. Every god damn second that Eric Young is the TNA World Champion, the belt is a joke. A total and complete utter joke on par with the Diva's title. It's not that EY is even that bad of a wrestler, he's not, he can work a decent match if given the chance and as a comedy guy he's pretty good. But as a legit, serious contender or anything other than a career midcarder? FUCK NO. Seriously they might as well have given Shark Boy the title. I, and the vast majority of wrestling fans, have done nothing but laugh about this situation since it happened, because it basically captures everything that's wrong with TNA's booking in a nutshell. That, and, again, Eric Young is a fucking joke that absolutely no one other than die hard TNA fanboys take even remotely seriously.

Unless Eric Young ushers in a new Attitude Era with his title reign, get that belt the fuck off of him as soon as humanly possible. Every second he wears it, he devalues it. Not that it was particularly prestigious to begin with.

Think that's unfairly harsh. Eric Young has this balls to the wall, all out gimmick he's developing away from the comedy jobber he was. He always puts on intense battles when asked too.. Showtime with the elbow off the cage and the Hammerstein Ballroom is rocking!!!!!! Yeah, I'm sure you didn't see that PPV... so you obviously don't know what Eric Young is all about. Perceptions can change, the best way to change the perception of EY is what they are doing now. He layed his heart out there in promos the past few weeks about why he should be in the picture, ya'll are just unjust and need to let this develop. If a 10 year company veteran quality entertaining wrestler can't earn and develop his way towards a World Title over what people have deemed a "paper champion" then fuck, I lose hope for the future of wrestling.

Everyone seems to be mad about the way it happen. Well shit, if your trying to pass wrestling off as legit, then there is no build needed... things happen to great talents when they finally get their opportunities and that's that. God forbid they didn't spend a year with EY chasing the title only to be screwed over by Dixie each week. I'm sure the fans would have loved being teased with the possibility for a year... NOT. This was a wonderful surprise. Eric Young gets Magnus up for the piledriver... I instantly sat up and did the Cesaro Titty Cannon fist pump for some reason as he hit it.. because I knew that was it.. and EY was going to win.

And it's not like Magnus has ever been booked as a legit champion, so it's not like Eric Young dethroned Kurt Angle or The Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe. Eric Young beat Magnus... OMG... so unbelievable!!!! Not... Young is way more entertaining and experienced in the ring than the likes of Magnus.

Ladies and Gentleman, sit back and enjoy.. because Showtime is going all out for you. Stop being a negative close minded unaccepting prick you haters. Would it be better if someone like Cena was holding the title so he could lay around and make wrestling look horrible? Just stop, because all the Eric Young haters are really coming across as unaccepting generic TNA hating douchebags who probably don't even watch the product on a consistent basis to even get a good idea of the true personality a wrestler is presenting or why they are acting a certain way.

Think that's unfairly harsh.

Really? I was actually holding back. I could have said a lot worse.

Eric Young has this balls to the wall, all out gimmick he's developing away from the comedy jobber he was. He always puts on intense battles when asked too.. Showtime with the elbow off the cage and the Hammerstein Ballroom is rocking!!!!!! Yeah, I'm sure you didn't see that PPV... so you obviously don't know what Eric Young is all about.

Intense battles? Please, by all means, direct me to one of Eric Young's latest "intense battles". When I think "intense battles" I think two highly talented workers going balls to the wall for 20 minutes, I think Benoit/Jericho, I think Flair/Steamboat, I think Vader/Sting. By all means, please direct me to these great intense battles Eric Young has been having.

Perceptions can change, the best way to change the perception of EY is what they are doing now. He layed his heart out there in promos the past few weeks about why he should be in the picture, ya'll are just unjust and need to let this develop. If a 10 year company veteran quality entertaining wrestler can't earn and develop his way towards a World Title over what people have deemed a "paper champion" then fuck, I lose hope for the future of wrestling.

Who gives a fuck if he's a 10 year veteran. So is Shark Boy. Longevity does not equal being rewarded with a World title. Talent does. And in that department, I can think of at least a dozen other TNA roster members more deserving in that department. So he can please the 100 fans in the Impact Zone? Awesome. Everyone knows how notoriously hard it is to please those fickle fans, if you can make it there, why you can make it anywhere!

Everyone seems to be mad about the way it happen. Well shit, if your trying to pass wrestling off as legit, then there is no build needed... things happen to great talents when they finally get their opportunities and that's that. God forbid they didn't spend a year with EY chasing the title only to be screwed over by Dixie each week. I'm sure the fans would have loved being teased with the possibility for a year... NOT.

What an asinine attitude that would make Vince Russo proud. Fuck storytelling and building feuds or any of those things that have proven to work in wrestling for the last 100 or so years, nah, let's just throw random shit against a wall and see what sticks. Fans can't wait a year to see an angle pay off! We need pole matches and SHOCK factor!

I think we can all agree the Vince Russo School of Booking, in fact, blows and hasn't drawn a dime in nearly 15 years. If you'd like to subscribe to it, by all means, go right ahead.

And it's not like Magnus has ever been booked as a legit champion, so it's not like Eric Young dethroned Kurt Angle or The Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe. Eric Young beat Magnus... OMG... so unbelievable!!!! Not... Young is way more entertaining and experienced in the ring than the likes of Magnus.

The quality of the previous champion does not make it okay to book an even shittier, less talented and believable champion. That makes no sense.

Ladies and Gentleman, sit back and enjoy.. because Showtime is going all out for you. Stop being a negative close minded unaccepting prick you haters.

Define "all out". Because I'm going to go ahead and even without having seen TNA in months pretty much guaran-fucking-tee I could count the amount of memorable matches he's had on one hand. Fuck it, I'd be willing to bet actual money that he hasn't had a single "all out intense battle" in the last year. Or, for that matter, the last five years. The only match I can EVER recall being a great, all out intense battle that involved Eric Young was AMW vs. Team Canada from Final Destination 05, and that was a tag match.

And we're wrestling fans, it's kind of our forte to be negative. I'm sure if the WWE was doing literally the exact same booking with, say, Santino Marella as World Champion, you and the rest of the TNA fanboys would be lining up around the block to shit all over it.

When you suck (and Eric Young most definitely sucks), we're allowed to be pricks. I think that's in the constitution somewhere.

Would it be better if someone like Cena was holding the title so he could lay around and make wrestling look horrible?

And your opinion is officially invalid. How many five star matches has Eric Young had? Oh, right, none. If Eric Young ever has a match even half as good as Cena/Punk from MITB, let me know. I won't be holding my breath.

TNA would literally murder Eric Young on live television to get someone like Cena as their champion. To even compare the two is ridiculous, we might as well be comparing Barry Horowitz with Ric Flair.

Just stop, because all the Eric Young haters are really coming across as unaccepting generic TNA hating douchebags who probably don't even watch the product on a consistent basis to even get a good idea of the true personality a wrestler is presenting.

I've been watching TNA since 2003. I've seen them at their best, and their worst. I haven't watched much of the product in the last year or so, though that was because I wasn't watching any wrestling during that time and was nothing against TNA. If you ask people who've been on this board awhile, I was actually one of TNA's biggest defenders for several years, a bonafide "fanboy". Right up until Hogan came along and the company went riiiiiiight down the shitter. Before that you had an absolutely amazing series of matches on PPV with AJ as champion and everything was rolling on all cylinders. Then Hogan came along, and the show literally turned into WCW Nitro 2000. I know Hogan is gone now and I plan on catching up with all the TNA I've missed, but I'm sorry, there is almost nothing that could make me take Eric Young serious as a world title contender. And I've seen countless people say the exact same thing since this happened.

I'm sorry, but this shit is a joke. A sad, sad joke that won't draw them a dime, won't result in great wrestling matches, and makes TNA look completely bush-league.

Really? I was actually holding back. I could have said a lot worse.

Intense battles? Please, by all means, direct me to one of Eric Young's latest "intense battles". When I think "intense battles" I think two highly talented workers going balls to the wall for 20 minutes, I think Benoit/Jericho, I think Flair/Steamboat, I think Vader/Sting. By all means, please direct me to these great intense battles Eric Young has been having.

Who gives a fuck if he's a 10 year veteran. So is Shark Boy. Longevity does not equal being rewarded with a World title. Talent does. And in that department, I can think of at least a dozen other TNA roster members more deserving in that department. So he can please the 100 fans in the Impact Zone? Awesome. Everyone knows how notoriously hard it is to please those fickle fans, if you can make it there, why you can make it anywhere!

What an asinine attitude that would make Vince Russo proud. Fuck storytelling and building feuds or any of those things that have proven to work in wrestling for the last 100 or so years, nah, let's just throw random shit against a wall and see what sticks. Fans can't wait a year to see an angle pay off! We need pole matches and SHOCK factor!

I think we can all agree the Vince Russo School of Booking, in fact, blows and hasn't drawn a dime in nearly 15 years. If you'd like to subscribe to it, by all means, go right ahead.

The quality of the previous champion does not make it okay to book an even shittier, less talented and believable champion. That makes no sense.

Define "all out". Because I'm going to go ahead and even without having seen TNA in months pretty much guaran-fucking-tee I could count the amount of memorable matches he's had on one hand. Fuck it, I'd be willing to bet actual money that he hasn't had a single "all out intense battle" in the last year. Or, for that matter, the last five years. The only match I can EVER recall being a great, all out intense battle that involved Eric Young was AMW vs. Team Canada from Final Destination 05, and that was a tag match.

And we're wrestling fans, it's kind of our forte to be negative. I'm sure if the WWE was doing literally the exact same booking with, say, Santino Marella as World Champion, you and the rest of the TNA fanboys would be lining up around the block to shit all over it.

When you suck (and Eric Young most definitely sucks), we're allowed to be pricks. I think that's in the constitution somewhere.

And your opinion is officially invalid. How many five star matches has Eric Young had? Oh, right, none. If Eric Young ever has a match even half as good as Cena/Punk from MITB, let me know. I won't be holding my breath.

TNA would literally murder Eric Young on live television to get someone like Cena as their champion. To even compare the two is ridiculous, we might as well be comparing Barry Horowitz with Ric Flair.

I've been watching TNA since 2003. I've seen them at their best, and their worst. I haven't watched much of the product in the last year or so, though that was because I wasn't watching any wrestling during that time and was nothing against TNA. If you ask people who've been on this board awhile, I was actually one of TNA's biggest defenders for several years, a bonafide "fanboy". Right up until Hogan came along and the company went riiiiiiight down the shitter. Before that you had an absolutely amazing series of matches on PPV with AJ as champion and everything was rolling on all cylinders. Then Hogan came along, and the show literally turned into WCW Nitro 2000. I know Hogan is gone now and I plan on catching up with all the TNA I've missed, but I'm sorry, there is almost nothing that could make me take Eric Young serious as a world title contender. And I've seen countless people say the exact same thing since this happened.

I'm sorry, but this shit is a joke. A sad, sad joke that won't draw them a dime, won't result in great wrestling matches, and makes TNA look completely bush-league.

You've clearly come here with the intent to rip TNA and Eric Young. A lot of your replies were B.S. as you're asking me questions I clearly already answered and I don't even care to go through it with you more. I've said my peace, you've made it clear you don't like TNA and Eric Young and that's that. You're not even open to where this could go. You've just written it off as something you don't like. Other people do like it.. it's a difference of opinion. Doesn't by any means make yours the right one. In fact I'd pretty much say you're more in the wrong because there is a good chunk of people who like it. Search #ImpactLive and 60% of the tweets are excited for what Eric Young is going to do tonight. The others are looking forward to Aries/MVP and the Wolves wrestling.

Did you even read my post? I said people who don't watch TNA consistently aren't going to understand Eric Young's character completely. You said you didn't watch TNA in months... Why are you here?

Showtime this year has dropped elbows off the top of steel cages, fallen on thumbtacks, wrestled with barbwire, had crowds solidly behind him, got flipped onto the apron and landed on his feet and strutted and then caught his opponent with another move, executed the feared piledriver like a boss, cut some deep heart felt promos, went to war with Abyss and Magnus so Samoa Joe would get a fair shot, rocked the Hammerstein Ballroom, maintained an awesome beard, looks fairly ripped, he has his OWN TV SHOW.. about things HE DOES, Showtime is a fan favorite and a star to anyone who knows what is going on.

But go ahead and judge him, his abilities, his heart, his popularity, and his reign because of spur of the moment booking and your intolerance to follow TNA. Not fair.

You've clearly come here with the intent to rip TNA and Eric Young.

I answered the thread topic question. I happen to disagree with you. I came here to talk about the thread topic, ripping TNA and Eric Young was just incidental.

A lot of your replies were B.S. as you're asking me questions I clearly already answered and I don't even care to go through it with you more.

What? You didn't answer any of my questions. Shit I just want ONE question answered really and that's for you to supply me with a list of these incredible "intense battles" Young has been involved in over the last few months. That's all I really want.

I've said my peace, you've made it clear you don't like TNA and Eric Young and that's that.

I love TNA. One of my favorite companies ever, their run of shows from 04-06 and in late 2009 are some of my favorite PPVs ever. I just got turned off by the Hogan era (like a lot of people) and then went through a period where I didn't watch any wrestling at all (WWE included) so I just haven't been caught up with them the last year.

Eric Young though? Yeah, really don't give a shit about ever seeing him again on my TV screen. He's an automatic fast-forward button on my DVR kind of guy.

You're not even open to where this could go. You've just written it off as something you don't like.

Well because usually when someone doesn't enjoy how a story begins and climaxes, they don't give a shit about the ending of the story. If Young had been putting on great matches for months and had totally put behind his comedy jobber past, then I'd be more open. From everything I've gathered though, that's not the case. Granted, again I haven't been watching for awhile, but I've kept tabs on TNA and so far I haven't seen anyone raving about Young's in-ring work and character over the last few months.

Other people do like it.. it's a difference of opinion. Doesn't by any means make yours the right one. In fact I'd pretty much say you're more in the wrong because there is a good chunk of people who like it. Search #ImpactLive and 60% of the tweets are excited for what Eric Young is going to do tonight. The others are looking forward to Aries/MVP and the Wolves wrestling.

Please read what you just wrote again. People using a TNA hashtag are excited about the TNA product? Why, it's almost as if the only people who use those tags are already die hard fans...oh, wait, that's exactly what it is. I'm sure if you search for the hashtag "Nirvana" you'll find a lot of people who are fans of the band too. Fucking CRAZY.

Did you even read my post? I said people who don't watch TNA consistently aren't going to understand Eric Young's character completely. You said you didn't watch TNA in months... Why are you here?

And I've asked you to give me some examples of how this storyline has been great, a TV segment, a match, anything. You haven't offered me anything.

And sometimes...you don't actually need to watch something to know ahead of time it's going to suck. I haven't seen the new Transformers film, but I'm pretty much willing to bet my entire life savings it's going to suck horribly and won't be getting any Oscar nominations. Is it a bit unfair? Sure. It's also realistic.

Showtime this year has dropped elbows off the top of steel cages, fallen on thumbtacks, wrestled with barbwire, had crowds solidly behind him, got flipped onto the apron and landed on his feet and strutted and then caught his opponent with another move, executed the feared piledriver like a boss, cut some deep heart felt promos, went to war with Abyss and Magnus so Samoa Joe would get a fair shot, rocked the Hammerstein Ballroom, maintained an awesome beard, looks fairly ripped, he has his OWN TV SHOW.. about things HE DOES, Showtime is a fan favorite and a star to anyone who knows what is going on.

Wow, he can do garbage wrestling? That takes so much talent to do. Everyone remembers the incredible talent of in-ring Gods like New Jack and Axl Rotten after all. Legends of our time they were. Everything you've just described I could see at any shitty CZW show. I'm sure they were great moments and worked in context, but listing off bumps and spots he's done does not answer any of my questions or prove your point at all. He can take punishment? Cool. Can he work a 30 minute match with Aries that's focused on in-ring work and psychology and isn't completely mediocre? I doubt it.

But go ahead and judge him, his abilities, his heart, his popularity, and his reign because of spur of the moment booking and your intolerance to follow TNA. Not fair.

I have no intolerance towards following TNA, like I said, I just fell out of watching wrestling for awhile and I just haven't caught up yet. I'm an OCD kind of guy and I run my own blog of ratings and reviews so if I'm going to pick back up on TNA I'm going to pick back up exactly where I left off, in January of 2013.

I'm glad you admit the booking was spur-of-the-moment though it kind of contradicts everything else you've said about this being built up well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back