• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Daniel Bryan is stripped....how to determine the new champion?

How to determine the new champion?

• Tournament

• Battle Royal

• Call up Jericho

• Give to Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.
I like the idea of the tournament. It does not need to be a broad tournament either. Hopefully it doesn't come to this... but, would this make sense to any of you?

Rd 1.

Randy Orton def. Seth Rollins

Sheamus def. Dean Ambrose

Roman Reigns def. Batista

Kane def. RVD

Rd. 2

Randy Orton def. Sheamus

Roman Reigns def. Kane

Finals

Randy Orton def. Roman Reigns

Bryan can hopefully take it off Orton before SummerSlam...
What do you guys think? Just throwing names out there, keep in mind those losing do NOT have to lose cleanly of course (Ambrose, Reigns, etc.)

I dont post here often as i usually just like to see what your guys opinions are to see if they match mine or what other ideas people come up with but what if they did this.... Call Lesnar?

Let stephanie come out and strip bryan, talk about how they need a new champion but noone is good enough in the authorities eyes and that even triple h is above the title so until they find someone good enough the fans get no champion. Kind of a way for them to get back at us for pushing bryan in their faces. This goes on until the raw after payback where paul heyman comes out and says he knows the one guy who deserves to be called a world champion, let him talk up lesnar as his client while also making it sound like he could be talking about cesaro, out comes lesnar. I beat the streak talk for 2 minutes then triple h comes out hands him a new undisputed championship ( the old one was the best belt ever in my opinion) and lesnar holds it until summerslam where Bryan wins it back, holds it until royal rumble and lesnar can win it back for his build to wrestlemania. I think thats better than any jericho/kane or triple h holding it himself idea. As for who will challenge lesnar, let batista and orton do it because they are pissed at h for npt putting it on them. Those are money matches here people.

I don't like any of the ideas presented thus far.

They just did a tournament and unless they just gonna go full Bellator tournaments-all-the-time (which wouldn't be that bad as they work well for quick building credible contenders and creating side-stories) I'm not interested. Especially considering most of the matches are a foregone conclusion anyway, Cena vs anybody...really?
kofi vs anybody....really?

See my point?

Jericho getting a title for no reason is as lame as Lesnar getting it for no reason. Besides part-timers don't need to hold titles and being given a transitional title run is beneath their stature anyway.

Giving the title to Kane...while it makes sense in storyline as a reward...I'm not willing to continue the feud with Kane much longer after his return but Kane would be a good opponent for a bounce back match that leads to a blow off of their feud. A quick description of this would be to have Bryan return and clear the Kane hurdle then turn his sights back to his title. Kane being champion isn't really the best option presently even if it does make sense.

The MITB concept is arguably the most fun as it would be unique to have a 6 or 8 man ladder match for the title, it also leads to having two MITB matches on the card which would be dope. So it's a good idea but I'm not sure they will be willing to do that.

I don't know what they should do honestly, but I'm cool with them just giving the title away to a heel, I just don't want it to be Kane or Lesnar. Hell, give it to Dave.

If they had held off giving Sheamus the US title they could of found a way to have a face sheamus feuding over the WWE World Heavyweight title with Kane, then over the European Tour having Ambrose lose his title to Bad News Barrett who then Unifies the US and IC titles. Then having Sheamus the eventual champion come Summerslam, when Bryan hopefully returns and sheamus turns heel and Bryan and Sheamus feud. Roles reversed from when bryan was the heel back in 2011 or 2012 (can't remember the year) where bryan will eventually get his titles back..

That would of been the best solution, in my eyes...

I personally would like to see kane get the title just because hes one of my favourites and as hes in masked psycho mode at the moment it would be cool to see him as champ.although i would rather it was made vacant and he won it 123 against a top guy like orton or even cena rather then just get it handed to him.sadly though i dont see that happening as kanes monster runs always seem to follow a pattern where he is built up as as scary and unstoppable but in the end he never seems to be able to win the big one.

I posted in another thread calling for a tournament, but the idea of Stephanie stripping it and giving it to Kane makes sense storyline wise. Thinking about it, if it happened another way, then the Kane and Bryan storyline would be unfinished. Remember when Brie pushed Stephanie? She looked pretty devious there (I couldn't help how hot she is, lol). Maybe she gets pissed on Raw and strips Bryan of the title and give it to Kane and have some of the heel divas jump Brie that could end with the divas holding Brie up while Stephanie smacks the shit out of her. Afterwards, Kane comes out and takes Brie writing her off tv for a while. At some point (kayfabe wise), before Bryan returns, having Kane attack Bryan in the hospital bed would be cool. It would make Bryan's revenge on Kane more the sweeter. I think a buried alive match is in the works!

If Daniel Bryan is stripped of the belt due to injury then how should the new Champion be crowned?

Tournament
The most obvious solution is a tournament. I love tournaments and the recent IC one wet my appetite!!!I would love to see a 32 man tournament with the winners of both semi finals meeting at Payback. Matches can take place on Raw, Smackdown and Main Event. The only issue is alot of the current stars are involved in major storylines. John Cena vs Bray Wyatt, Evolution vs The Shield. The flipside is that this could be a chance to push Cesaro to the moon with Heyman by his side? It could also make someone like The Miz or Dolph Ziggler relevant again by 'defying the odds'. Maybe give the ball to Cody Rhodes?

Battle Royal
Have a 40 man Battle Royal with the last man standing winning the belt. Smackdown once did something similar and Kurt Angle won.

Call up Chris Jericho
Give Jericho a call and see if he fancies carrying the belt to Summerslam in Bryans absence where the two can square off. Jericho is a legit main eventer.

Give to Kane
Stephanie could simply give the Title to Kane like Bischoff did Triple H all them years ago. Kane is the number 1 contender and the one to put Bryan on the shelf.

Your thoughts?

None of the above. Give it to Santino for the giggle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back