• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ice Cream

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Just about everyone loves ice cream, and with all of the food threads in here I'm surprised there isn't one on ice cream yet. A nearly endless amount of flavors, all sorts of topping possibilities, and a great snack on warm summer days (or any day in some people's case, such as the wifey lol)....

For this discussion, I would like to know what your favorite ice cream and why. Be creative here (or not, if you like plain old regular vanilla by itself that's cool too), include as many toppings and flavors as you wish.

My favorite is strawberry flavored ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery that has extra unfrozen strawberries on top with gummy bears and M&M's mixed in with it. It tastes really good, much better than it might sound. People claim it's childish or cheesy to get an ice cream dish like that one, but I like it a lot. It's my favorite because it combines several of my favorite snacks into a large awesome combo and I get it every time I go to Cold Stone. Then at the end when it's all melted or gone, the candy starts leaving cool rainbow colors behind in the bowl, which is always interesting.

How about you guys?

I am one fat fuck, I've made that abundantly clear. Shockingly, However, I am not too big on sugary snacks or junk food. Not that I eat healthy or anything but I tend to enjoy baked or fried foods. So take that for what it's worth.

I do enjoy the occasional Ice Cream though. Nothing extravagant or anything, I usually just have some Vanilla with Chocolate syrup on it. I'll have a soft serve dessert from a fast food restaurant sometimes, but I don't like any hard candies, cookies, or nuts in it. The only add in I really like are Reese's peanut butter cups. Actually, there's this flavor called Moose Tracks that I dig that has chocolate ribbons and peanut butter cups in Vanilla Ice Cream. There's also an "Extreme" version that has Chocolate instead of Vanilla, but that's just too much Chocolate for my liking.

So that's about it. Other than like, Popsicles and shit. Those rules.

Mr. Whippy with Bombay Mix sprinkled on. At least the nuts and noodley bits, not those fucking horrible pea things.

Seriously, nuts on Ice Cream = mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Slightly spicy nuts on Ice Cream = MMMMmmmmHMmmmmm Mutha Fucker!

I like the snickers ice cream bars , those are awesome

But for straight ice cream I usually like to go for neopolitan or mint chocolate chip when I do buy ice cream

When I was a kid my favorite ice cream dessert was the Butterfinger blizzard from Dairy Queen. Now fast forward ten years and the store I work at started carrying Butterfinger ice cream. So I was one happy camper.

Besides that I'll just take some Vanilla with chocolate syrup.

Oh yeah dude , when I saw your topic about fruit it reminded me of one of lifes greatest mysteries that I have always wondered

WHY DON'T THEY SELL GRAPE ICE CREAM? Seriously? WHY NOT?!

I sware it'd be awesome cause the grape cream slushies at Sonic are GODLY! So grape ice cream would be pretty close to the same thing and to have that at home would be awesome

Breyers Oreos Cookies and Cream Ice Cream is so damn good, that and Haagen Dazs dolche de leche is amaaazing.

In Breyers Oreos Ice Cream, you can feel the chunks of Oreos cookies, mix that in a milkshake, so damn good.

imagehandler.ashx

Awwwww fuck yeah! I don't eat ice cream too often but when I do, this is the shit I get; I eat this shit by the cartons. This ice cream makes for a phenomenal milk shake. I love biting into the small Resse’s chunks.

I mean they made my favorite candy into a fucking ice cream of course I’m gonna love it. By far my favorite ice cream out there.

If I do choose to eat unhealthily, and want some comfort food, I usually do not pick ice cream. I think there are more attractive, delicious alternatives.

However, when I do eat ice cream, it's vanilla. Some may want more flavor, but I find I like it better than ice cream with a lot of ingredients. Personal preference, I guess.

Before they wrongfully discontinued the flavor, Haagen-Dausz's sticky toffee pudding was my absolute FAVORITE ice cream. I would simply go to the store and get 1 tub extra than what I went for because it was just one of those ice creams that once you took a bite, it was almost impossible to let down...

But since they have discontinued, I've gone back to my original favorite ice cream... Cookie Dough. However, I'm very picky about my cookie dough ice cream. I only trust brands like Blue Bunny and Eddy's when it comes to store bought. But when it comes to restaurants, if it's not a Dairy Queen Blizzard then it's not worth it and I'll take a sonic butterfinger blast instead...

Its all about Neopolitan Ice Cream, which for those who dont know is a tub of Ice Cream, but not a single flavour. Oh no, my friends...its 3 flavours. Strawberry, Vanilla and Chocolate in the same container, and you are able to get all 3 flavours in your bowl.

Absolute perfection, and a literal taste sensation. I suggest you track a tub of this down if you have never tried it. Also, throwing a bit of raspberry sauce or some fruit-pastille type sweets in there makes it even better!

Also, Vienetta which is a log of vanilla ice cream, with hard milk chocolate mixed in with it, creating patterns in the ice cream. That rules

I'm all about the Mocha Almond Crunch. It's exactly what it sounds like: coffee-flavored ice cream with whole almonds thrown in. Chocolate syrup and whipped cream go well with it, but I think those go well with pretty much all ice cream. Moose Tracks is also pretty great as well; just about anything with chocolate in it, I'll probably like it.

I used to love the old McFlurry. Not the current one. The old one where they took the Oreo's, mixed it with the soft serve and battered it with the huge ass spoon on a machine. That stuff was awesome. As for regular ice cream, I always love me a cup of chocolate chip.

I was unaware, but there's all sorts of exotic flavors of ice cream made from the weirdest of stuff. Ranging from orange flavor, to far more uncommon stuff like rum flavor and even rice. Crazy, but true.

Gelato from Italy is the best. I love ice cream from everywhere, but American ice cream doesn't hold a candle to the orgasmic gelato.

220px-Ice_Cream_dessert_02.jpg

gelato-web-one.jpg

I rarely buy ice cream for home, but when I go out I get Laura Secords' Triple Chocolate Truffle ice cream.

It's delicious! So creamy, so chocolately.

photo_nutrition_1987b.jpg

Starting off with I AM A HUGE CHOCOHOLIC.

Chocolate Escape of Baskin Robbins. ♥

Best described in an article I just saw while looking for a pic -

"It's a dream-come-true for chocolate and ice cream connoisseurs,

with chocolate ganache cake and chocolate chunks nestled within a velvety pairing of Baskin-Robbins’ signature extra-rich, creamy chocolate and Swiss chocolate ice creams."

Yummm. No toppings. Just a Bucketful of this is Heaven.

Ice cream is well up there in terms of the best foodstuffs. I have no vices apart from ice cream. I'm willing to bet that I a hell of a lot more of it than most people. So let's see, ice cream... ice cream...

ben-and-jerrys-cookie-dough-.jpg

I don't think we're big on ice cream in Britain, so we don't have ice cream brands like Americans do. I mean, I've only ever seen a maximum of seven or eight Ben and Jerry's flavours in shops. So as you can imagine, my choice is rather limited. Ben and Jerry's hits the spot. They consistently produce ice cream with a great, thick texture and great flavour. The reason I pick the cookie dough flavour is probably because it's a novelty for me. We don't have cookie dough in Britain. And it obviously tastes great.

In terms of just flavours, I love ginger ice cream. The problem is I can never find it in shops. But if I'm at a restaurant or on the rare occasion I'm in an ice cream parlour and I see it, I'll sure as hell by it. Seriously, ginger ice cream is freakin' incredible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back