IC25's Debuting a New Feature in Weekly Column

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Hey forum regulars, I'm going to open this one up to you guys FIRST. I'm going to run a new feature starting next week in my weekly column in sort of a "point / counterpoint" style. Basically, I'll pick a topic and then take one person from the forums to write a counter-point argument against me. We won't see each other's work, so it'll be a blind debate, though we'll know each others topic.

Here's how to enter: I'll post the topic below. Respond in this thread in 50 words or less. Best blurb posted will get a PM from me with instructions on writing the counter-point to my point. I know it sounds confusing, so ask if you have a question.

TOPIC - in 50 words or less, tell me who (other than Drew McIntyre) is professional wrestling's overall most underutilized talent.

I say other than Drew because he's my choice, and I get first pick. I'll leave it open for a day or two and then pick who will appear on the main page in my colum next week with me.

Good luck, have fun.

John Cena is the most underutilized star in professional wrestling. The man brings in the "cheddah." As such, he should be milked for all he’s worth. He should be everywhere and feud with everyone. He should also be everyone’s tag team partner. John Cena should be omnipresent.

Desmond Wolfe is professional wrestling's most underutilised talent. He has experience, proven quality and is what many would describe as the complete package and despite all this, Wolfe's career has taken a nose-dive due to TNA's obsession with promoting it's 'veteran' stars.

Daniel Bryan is at least WWE's most underused talent. With his incredible ring skill, he shouldn't be in a quasi-comedy angle with the goddamn divas. Allow him to work a bit on his mic skills, and he can become a top star.

Chris Masters is a veteran with many positive attributes that can be brought to the WWE's table and become a moneymaker. Here, you have a man who has had his ups and downs with the company, made mistakes, and bounced back from them, regardless of the embarrassment he suffered as a result. He has an impressive physique, above average mic skills, and is a solid ring worker.

Chris Masters is a veteran with many positive attributes that can be brought to the WWE's table and become a moneymaker. Here, you have a man who has had his ups and downs with the company, made mistakes, and bounced back from them, regardless of the embarrassment he suffered as a result. He has an impressive physique, above average mic skills, and is a solid ring worker.
67 words.

Robert Roode. In his short singles stint he has shown the ability to work with big time veterans in big feuds. He's shown to be very dynamic on the mic as well as on the ring. He has a defined look as well as many basics of wrestling mastered.

Kaval is wrestling's most underutilized star, he's got speed, technicality and credibility to put on matches worth watching. Both TNA and WWE have poorly used him to the point that he's left both companies due to that, he’s such a superb talent who’s had his time wasted by higher ups.

Great Khali. He may be big! He may be stiff! But India is a huge new market for the WWE and utilizing Khali better would be a money-making opportunity and that is the game that everyone is playing.

How the fuck can we keep some of this to only 50 words or less? That's like one really long sentence.

How the fuck can we keep some of this to only 50 words or less? That's like one really long sentence.

It's a challenge. Earn the spot, dammit. Be brilliant in your brevity. Are you really saying that you can't keep to 50 words on...ahem...CHRIS MASTERS!?

Evan Bourne is the most underutilized talent in professional wresting. He has the high flying ability that saw Rey Mysterio become such a popular star. He's given no time on the Mic to make a connection with crowds, and rarely he's given a match to showcase his electrifying skill's..

This will be fun. Here's mine...

Zack Ryder is the most underutilized talent in Wrestling. He is solid on the mic, can have pretty good matches when given the opportunity (he'd be better if he consistently had matches), and has a gimmick that can make fans hate him with ease. Woo. Woo. Woo. You Know It!

50 words on the button.

and because I feel like doing a second one....

Santino Marella is the most underutilized talent in Professional wrestling. He gets a positive reaction from pretty much every crowd he's in, can work a match (yes, people forget he can actually do that), and is easily the top comedy guy on the mic.

45 words.

now for a third, and a bit different take on the question.....

Matt Striker is the most underutilized talent in professional wrestling. Matt Striker is seemingly extremely knowledgeable about the history of wrestling, yet all he does is commentate the B-show. He should be used MUCH more on WWE DVD releases, as the host, or as a source of information/opinion.

49 (50 if B-Show is considered 2 words).

Titus is without a doubt the most under rated wrestler for one simple reason. HE DOES NOT POST WRESTLING POSTS IN THE WRONG SECTION.

Jack Swagger is a great wrassler and he's from Oklahoma and I quite like his singlet.

Ted DiBiase Jr. He has a good look, decent mic presence, and can work in-ring. His angle with Maryse should be taking him up the card, but it's holding him down because she doesn't put him over right. He could be a legit US Title contender if used right.

Zak Ryder is the most under utilised because he has Nasty Boy pants and the Nasty Boys are friends with Hulk Hogan who was the greatest wrestler ever.

Chris Benoit is the most underutilized talent in wrestling. He's got legit heel heat, but he hasn't been on TV for three and a half years.

Owen Hart is the most underutilized talent, because he takes the best risks. If he actually hits that flying headbutt, it's gonna be tough to kick out!

Christian is STILL the most underutilized talent in wrestling. He has proven over the years that he can get the desired crowd reaction on the mic and he has also participated in very good TV matches in the last two years. He has benefitted greatly from his stint in TNA

Yep. That's an exact 50.

Christian. He can wrestle, and he can draw. He can pull off great matches, and he is good on the mic, plus he has never won a major title, even though he deserves it. The WWECW title doesn't count.

39 or 40 words. I can't count words very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back