IC25 vs D-Man - Who's got what it takes?

Who is gonna take the title of Debator League champion?

• IC25

• The D-Man

Results are only viewable after voting.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
So the Debator's League has reached the finals and I get the chance to battle my mentor. Not to mention that to most people, when it comes to debating, battling IC25 is like throwing a bunny rabbit at a Velociraptor. I'm going to need every bit of skill that I can muster to defeat him. But, I want to know how much faith everyone else has in me (or lack thereof). So, I ask you all...

Who do you think is gonna take the title?

(I need some extra motivation.)

I hope no bunny rabbits were harming in the brainstorming for this thread.

If Irish looses then I'm calling a work. I'd be extremely surprised not to see him take this thing.

I expect this to be fucking huge, and I am glad I took next week off of work. I'll have a lot of reading. For now, I'm abstaining from saying who wins lol. Too tough a call as of right now.

I want honesty from everyone. I know IC25 is tough and I'm a HUGE underdog. The more people tell me that I'm going to lose, the more it motivates me to win...

This is going to be mega!

D-Man is a helluva debater and is a great wrestling poster. He gets his point a cross well and stays away from falling into traps that some people do. Irish is just a hugely emotional debater. I know from personal experience how good he is in the DL and I think that this match will bring out the best in both of them. Irish's win over Gelgarin and D-Man's win over Phoenix will be inspiration for both of them and I fully expect it to be a close call.

Posting duplicate topics. Infraction.

:)

It's gonna depend a lot on the topic. D-Man is far better at linear arguments, so if he gets a topic that he knows a load about and is able to argue the side he feels strongly about, he's in the driver seat.

If the topic is more abstract or requires a lot of data through research, I don't see myself losing. When Gelgarin and I met in the regular season, we had to debate a topic he knew a lot about, and I had to start from scratch. The result was the longest and closest debate of the entire season. Research is my forte.

I will not, in any way, go easy on him. I respect him too much to do that to him. If he's going to beat me and win this thing, he's gonna have to earn it.

Posting duplicate topics. Infraction.

We're in the bar room, right? Ok, cool. Then eff you. :lmao:

I will not, in any way, go easy on him. I respect him too much to do that to him. If he's going to beat me and win this thing, he's gonna have to earn it.

This paragraph sums up everything.

Just so everyone knows, IC and I have had many conversations about this and we both agree that we want to tear each other's hearts out during this debate. In no way, shape, or form will it be a work. We have too much pride to pull bullshit moves like that out of the woodwork.

If I win this, it will on paper in black and white. Remember, we don't judge these things. Our fates are in the hands of others. And I'm sure they won't take either of us lightly.

As I said, this is going to be huge. Can't wait for it. I'm curious on the emotionality point.

I honestly think that this debate may be won by the punctuality point...so, be prompt, guys. I see IrishCanadian25 automatically taking the informative point and D-Man doing the same with the emotionality point, but, the other three are there for the taking. Good luck to both of you.

I think despite the epic matchups IC had with Gelgarin, D-Man is a 100% different kettle of fish. He's been one true debator who truly took me to the limit and beat me twice, my only two losses in the whole comp. D-Man was always a guy I expected to win this and given he's proven to me on both occasions why, I can't see any other reason why he can't take the whole competition. Never under-rate or under-estimate the D-Man because his debate posts make you go DAMN! Seriously dude, go for it! IC will be a tough challenge, but I believe you can and will topple him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back