• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I need to vent about stubborn, close-minded posters

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
I was reading through a few of the Bar Room threads and I came across a poster that made an incredible point... does anyone on these forums ever admit defeat? Or does anyone on the forums ever even admit that they might be wrong about something?

I, for one, have only been a part of this website since January. Since then, I've admitted that I was wrong to Xfear, IC25, Gelgarin, FTS, and a few others that I can't really think of right now. Sure, it stung a bit, but I came to an amazing realization... I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING.

What bugs the fuck out of me is the fact that so many people on here are just completely unable to admit that at times. At one time or another, they may half-heartedly say "I don't know everything", but it's funny how they'll never concede a point... they just keep finding more and more bullshit excuses and directions to take the debate/argument/heated-discussion just to make themselves sound like they have a valid point. It's people like you guys that really make me not want to post or even waste my energy to formulate an opinion that is probably going to get shot down, even if it has some validity. It's like you have to walk on eggshells while you post. And why? Because the person I'm writing to is a stubborn fuck. Maybe if you tried opening your mind to other people's views once in a while you might learn something about wrestling... and maybe even about yourself, in the process.

I think people on this website need to face the facts that they don't know everything about wrestling. None of us work in the industry. We're all nothing but fans that see things through a television set. Sure, we enjoy what we watch and learn a thing or two about it over time, but who the fuck are we to say one of our opinions is wrong and one of us is right? And who the fuck are we to say that we know what other people are thinking? When did you become better than me or become holier than thou? At the end of the day, none of us are experts and all we have are opinions about specific subjects (i.e. the "business" of professional wrestling, what direction the product should go in, who to push, etc). And if you think that something you say is fact and every opinion that I have is wrong, then my response to that is FUCK YOU. Maybe you should try grabbing a slice of humble pie and shutting the fuck up. How's that for an opinion?

Great post D-Man, I also feel that I can admit when I am wrong, because like you said, we don't know everything, people pretending to know everything and never admitting being wrong, is one of my biggest pet hates, and I think more than a few people are guilty of it around these parts.

However, maybe it's just human nature that people don't want to concede a point, maybe it's a pride thing I don't know, but I'll also never understand the people who think they know everything and refuse to admit being wrong.

However, maybe it's just human nature that people don't want to concede a point, maybe it's a pride thing I don't know, but I'll also never understand the people who think they know everything and refuse to admit being wrong.

Exactly my frustration. No offense to anyone on this site, but who are we? We're nothing but a bunch of pro-wrestling fans that use a computer keyboard as a weapon. When the fuck did any of us become so cool that we can actually tell someone that they're stupid for having an opinion? Better yet, when people tell ME what's going on in MY head and think that they know how I think, it seriously makes my blood boil. Self-centered, arrogant, pompous, closed-minded people need to drink a king-sized glass of SHUT-THE-FUCK-UP.

I really shouldn't let any of this get to me, but somehow it finds a way to get under my skin... I can't even control my anger right now. I want to rip the heart out of the first person I see that pisses me off. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Exactly my frustration. No offense to anyone on this site, but who are we? We're nothing but a bunch of pro-wrestling fans that use a computer keyboard as a weapon. When the fuck did any of us become so cool that we can actually tell someone that they're stupid for having an opinion? Better yet, when people tell ME what's going on in MY head and think that they know how I think, it seriously makes my blood boil. Self-centered, arrogant, pompous, closed-minded people need to drink a king-sized glass of SHUT-THE-FUCK-UP.

I really shouldn't let any of this get to me, but somehow it finds a way to get under my skin... I can't even control my anger right now. I want to rip the heart out of the first person I see that pisses me off. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh I completely get the frustration, it's why I don't post that often, who the fuck wants to have to debate with an egotistical idiot who never thinks their wrong no matter what you say. How does admitting being wrong make you less of a person, everybody gets shit wrong but to be honest 90% of people on here would never admit it hence it not actually being a debate, just going round and round the same points over and over, very frustrating.

I have absolutely no problem admitting that I'm wrong about something and I'll have no problem admitting it in the future. Like you said D-Man, we don't know everything and no one should pretend like they do.

Something that frustrates me is when you know you're right about something but people still try to deny it just because it means you've won the debate or they would be conceding with your point. I'm not just talking about here in the forums, I'm also talking about when people do that in other places such as the real world.

Something that frustrates me is when you know you're right about something but people still try to deny it just because it means you've won the debate or they would be conceding with your point. I'm not just talking about here in the forums, I'm also talking about when people do that in other places such as the real world.

This all ties into what I'm talking about. People just can't humble themselves for one minute and say "You know what, I'm wrong. Sorry." Those words just don't cross people's minds. When did we all become experts? When did our egos outweight our brains? Most of the pompous, know-it-all ass holes on this site are just as (if not more) egotistical than the people they complain about. Seriously, fuck them.

And then they feed us garbage like, "I'll admit I'm wrong when someone proposes a good argument." What the FUCK kind of garbage bullshit is that?!? That's even more stubborn than just replying with an argument.

Better yet, when people tell ME what's going on in MY head and think that they know how I think, it seriously makes my blood boil. Self-centered, arrogant, pompous, closed-minded people need to drink a king-sized glass of SHUT-THE-FUCK-UP.

SOMEBODY has 1) watched Happy Gilmore recently, and 2) listened to Dennis Leary recently.

If I'm ever wrong, I admit it, with like infractions and stuff.

And if I were ever wrong about wrestling, I'd admit that too. It's just that I'm never wrong. :)

If I'm ever wrong, I admit it, with like infractions and stuff.

And if I were ever wrong about wrestling, I'd admit that too. It's just that I'm never wrong. :)

I almost took bets on who the first person would be that would post something like this... Sly, you were only #4 on my list :disappointed:

Early in my posting career, I was able to see great value in well thought out opposing views with my take on Batista, Mark Henry, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, and so on. I have no problem listening to opposing views on a subject.

In fact, I may be one of the most humble posters we have here at WZ. So I win.

There's nothing wrong with admitting defeat or even SLIGHTLY agreeing with someone else. We're not all imbecilic ass holes, you know.

Hello, #1 pick.

Somebody made a thread once when they saw I'd admitted I was wrong. Several people then posted quotes of the previous couple of times I'd done it.

When you're as frequently wrong as I am you have to admit it on occasion.

Somebody made a thread once when they saw I'd admitted I was wrong. Several people then posted quotes of the previous couple of times I'd done it.

When you're as frequently wrong as I am you have to admit it on occasion.

For me, I almost enjoy admitting that I'm wrong, nowadays. It's my way of telling myself that I just learned something new. Doesn't everyone want to learn something?

This has never happened to me.

In fact, I'm so good that someone once posted a thread like this when I made a spelling or grammatical mistake.

I've admitted on more than one occasion when I'm wrong...I know my knowledge isn't up to snuff with some people around here, so I walk into arguments expecting to lose :lmao:

Congrats, Sly... you're now under my microscope LOL.

If you get him to the point when he quibbles about semantics, then you've won, or at least the debate has ended; at this point in time, there will be no more substance to the debate and he will more than likely try to bait you into flaming him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back