• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I just

The Dewbliners

WZ's Whedonite. Now 20% Cooler
Had the worst time at a bar, for me. I went with a friend to do karaoke, and the entire time was the douche bag DJ (complete with blowout) changing the lyrics to mean drug related shit. Not only that, when I signed up to perform "Liar" by the Rollins Band, he flat out lied and said he never had that song in his catalog. This after I had transcribed the name, band, and song number out of his book.

Then, to top it off, he takes random breaks, where he just plays music, while his skanky girlfriend fetches him a Captain and Coke, and plays nothing but shitty hip hop. GAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry, just had to vent. Discuss shitty nights at karaoke here....

Edit: Oh, yeah, they were out of Rolling Rock, too. I had to settle for Miller.

I've never done karaoke, but I sing all the time randomly, so that has to count for something. That sucks though Dewey, I would have been pissed moreso about the Rolling Rock than anything. I've come to realize Rolling Rock is definitely one of my favorite beers.

Here's you're first mistake: You went to karaoke at a bar. You NEVER go to karaoke at a bar. You got drunk fucks singin like shit, and drunk fucks heckling other drunk fucks for singin like shit. You can't trust the DJ, they're only there for free drinks and a tiny paycheck.

NEVER do karaoke unless it's a Karaoke Party. At least then you're amongst friends and everything is in good fun.

My friend has a karaoke machine and those parties are phenomenal. we all bring our Ipods, we have a TON of music to choose from.

Oh and Theo I dunno if you realized this or not, but Jeff Hardy is clearly fucked up out of his mind in your sig.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1867940 said:
I've never done karaoke, but I sing all the time randomly, so that has to count for something. That sucks though Dewey, I would have been pissed moreso about the Rolling Rock than anything. I've come to realize Rolling Rock is definitely one of my favorite beers.

It's my absolute favorite domestic brew, that's not a micro. The thing that got me, though, was the song. I was pumped when I saw that in his binder, as I've done that karaoke before, at a different bar. I KNOW I can kill with that song, as it's mostly spoken word. I think my boss had something to do with this, as the DJ is his friend, and he was there tonight.

I'm a Blue Moon fella, myself. But I don't drink it at bars though, for two reasons.

1) I'm not 21 yet, and I still occasionally get carded.

2) A decent sized glass of Blue Moon in CT is 9 DOLLARS!! I don't fuckin' think so!

Shango, what school do you go to up in CT? (I'm assuming you are in school up there). Never had blue moon, I'll have to give it a go round eventually.

I'm not in school anymore. I was going to Western CT St. University, but I got bored.

I know, everyone always assumes UCONN, but I purposely didn't even apply there, and here's why; when I went away to college, I went AWAY TO COLLEGE. If I had gone to UCONN I essentially been going to school with everyone I went to high school with.

No shit, I went to Spring Weekend last year. Thousands, if not TENS of thousands, of people are there. And I ran into legit a dozen people from high school. It was nice seeing old friends, and I even made out with one girl who was real prudish before but really let college get to her... digressing, back on topic... but one of the few reasons I even decided to go to college was to do something new and different and exciting.

I'm a Blue Moon fella, myself. But I don't drink it at bars though, for two reasons.

1) I'm not 21 yet, and I still occasionally get carded.

2) A decent sized glass of Blue Moon in CT is 9 DOLLARS!! I don't fuckin' think so!

Nine bucks for a Blue Moon?! Shit, I thought Reds and Cyclones games were expensive.

On the serious tip, though, Blue Moon? I haven't tried that in YEARS. Has it gotten any better?

Oh and Theo, Blue Moon has a citrusy undertone to it. At bars they serve it with an orange wedge. So not for everyone. I just like citrus. I even like coffee with citrusy undertones, like our Kenya and Ethopian Sidamo roasts at Starbucks.

Oooo citrus, I love citrus type stuff. I think my brother in law has got one before, as I recall him getting a beer that was accompanied with an orange wedge.

Theo "Hitman" Mays;1867977 said:
My sig rotates, it'll be different per post. It is on a random image generating site. Like I think the post above is Shelton, Pope, and Nash. I have like 5 or 6 sigs scattered in there.

THAT'S FUCKING AWESOME!!

Bugger that. It's fuckin' beer, not a fruit salad.

I'm not a big beer guy. I haven't tried a whole lot of different brews. Blue Moon is what a few of the guys from work drink, so I guess I that's where it started.

I just don't like the taste of most beers. Blue Moon is one of the few I can stand.

I'd MUCH rather have a rum and Coke.

I won't lie, I love me some beer. Especially imports and micro-brews, but I digest. I'm feelin' better about it, though. I just rocked out some PM5K and Rollins Band, so it's whatever.

Never could get into Captain and Coke, though.

On a side note, the bartender tonight is a very good friend of mine, and adorable. Plus, the DJ's skanky girlfriend smacked my shapely ass....

That means you're supposed to follow her to the bathroom when her douchy DJ boyfriend is busy "working".

It's moments like these where we as men must think to ourselves the MOST important question we'll EVER ask ourselves.

"Will she find out?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back