I heard that _______________. Is it true?

Evenflow DDT

Pre-Show Stalwart
Just looking for some clarity on a couple wrestling rumors I've heard. Feel free to add yours.

I heard that during the steroid scandal when the wwf decided to go with a smaller champ, that it came down to Bret Hart and Tito Santana, because Vince wanted to expand in North America and needed either a Canadian or Mexican champion. Is it true?

I heard that if Vince had been convicted during the steroid scandal, that Jerry Jarrett would have taken over the wwf as chairman of the board. Is this true.

I'm not sure about the second question but the answer to the first question is that's what Tito said in his book. I'm not sure if he was being totally honest about that or not but that is his story.

I've heard the Jarrett rumors for years. I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed but I'm pretty positive it's legit.

For the first one, that's the story according to Tito, and Bret Hart did confirm that when he got the nod, he saw a sheet of paper with 5 names on it on Vince's desk, and that Tito was one of those names.

I don't doubt for a second that Tito was actually told that by McMahon, although how serious they were about going with him in 1992 is anyone's guess. His time had definitely past by then. It seems though, that Vince liked making promises like that to a lot of the guys in those days.

I hadn't heard the second one, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was true. Jerry was working for the WWF in an advisor type role at the time, and out of everyone on their staff, he probably was the most qualified to take over. Someone had to keep the ball rolling, and Jerry was as good a choice as anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back