• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I have decided to enter the world of pro wrest

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
After much thought and finally learning of a local wrestling school, I have finally decided to start training to hopefully become a pro wrestler. I have the look (6 foot, 242 pounds) I am good athletic wise, so I shouldn't really have too much of a problem being shown the ropes and becoming a wrestler. The school I am going to is the Make Me A Pro Wrestler school in Chatsworth, about 20 minutes from where I live. I'll keep you guys updated on my progess, who comes in for meet and greets, matches, the gimmick I come up with, (yes, they allow you to come up with your own gimmick and use it) etc. I am pretty pumped and hopefully I get success out of this (not WWE kind right off the bat, but indy shows and perhaps a WWE tryout) I start training tomorrow and again, I hope my journey is a successful one.

An otherwise penniless former professional wrestling journeyman thanks you for your donations to his medical and alcohol bills.

Bear "The Hitman" Hug;4683221 said:
You and Freddie4019 should chat...

Hopefully the first thing they teach is the definition of the word 'bury' in the pro wrestling lexicon.

Freddy is awesome, BringthePain834 has a long way to go to be used in the same sentence as Freddy.

That being said, Freddy hasn't posted in a while, I hope he's not dead. I told him not to die multiple times, I hope he listened.

Any school with "Make Me A..." in the title cannot possibly be good.

Although given your terrible grasp of wrestling concepts, you should fit right in. I hope you get buried and I dont mean like your HBK comparison.

Because surely anyone referred to as Mr. Wrestlemania got that title by being "buried"....

I looked at the website for said school.

The whole thing looks cheesy and the infomercial on the front page looks like an SNL sketch.

And the hype machine isn't exactly accurate as they claim to have "assisted 3-people in being signed to WWE Developmental contracts, and has helped another half dozen get WWE tryouts."

Looking through the site

Assisted in getting signed

Kyle Rassumussen: Already had set up his own tryout/evaluation with WWE but apparently didn't even know the basics so GQ taught him the basics.

Austin Draven: GQ helped him get a tryout in 2011.

Buggy Nova: GQ helped her get backstage at two WWE shows.

Now for the "half dozen others" that he helped get tryouts.

Nick Madrid as a wrestler. He was trained by Lance Storm. GQ just helped him get an evaluation and a workout with WWE trainers.

Danny Ramirez as a referee.

Kevin Lukata as a wrestler. He decided to quit wrestling though.

Because I guess a half dozen means three.

Also I don't know if those were private or public tryouts.

After much thought and finally learning of a local wrestling school, I have finally decided to start training to hopefully become a pro wrestler. I have the look (6 foot, 242 pounds) I am good athletic wise, so I shouldn't really have too much of a problem being shown the ropes and becoming a wrestler. The school I am going to is the Make Me A Pro Wrestler school in Chatsworth, about 20 minutes from where I live. I'll keep you guys updated on my progess, who comes in for meet and greets, matches, the gimmick I come up with, (yes, they allow you to come up with your own gimmick and use it) etc. I am pretty pumped and hopefully I get success out of this (not WWE kind right off the bat, but indy shows and perhaps a WWE tryout) I start training tomorrow and again, I hope my journey is a successful one.

Put on some more weight and lose a few inches.

After going today, it wasn't all that bad. I mean really, it's a wrestling school. Probably the same as any other school around. Today we basically went over running the ropes, front and back bumps, the bodyslam, locking up, etc. I might also check out Santino Bros. which is run by Joey "Kaos" Munoz and has the endorsement of Bill Anderson and Superstar Billy Graham. But yeah, the school in Chatsworth isn't bad at all.

I always say try it you never know, honestly just because your athletic doesn't make you a wrestler though, case in point I trained with Dan Severn at his wrestling school in Coldwater now I am not athletic but I was good enough to get started training, I had guys who came in and were football players in highschool and could bench press 250 etc. etc. I was there 6 months and they were there 3 weeks and quit because it was too hard.

Now I quit training after a year because I tore cartilidge in my knee, but this shows you not everyone can be a pro wrestler, but a few things to be weary about are these.

1. If they want to put you in the ring within 3 weeks there trying to get you killed.

2. If they don't show you how to do 5 different bumps before they put you in the ring, there trying to get you killed.

3. If you don't know how to punch, kick, slam someone without hurting you and yourself before your first match, your going to get someone killed.

4. If your trainer never teaches you how to use the ropes before you wrestle, you probably will kill yourself or be extremely sore from rope burn.

I hope these help you in your journey, just remember not everyone makes it to the big 3, and don't think you can quit your job as most independent wrestlers starting out make anywhere from 10-50 a night or free because they are either trying to get their name out there or 90% of promotions don't pay that much.

Goodluck

They're probably just going to take your money and kick the shit out of you.

You could have that done to you in any city, and at least you'd get a few pints out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back