I hate Bud Selig

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
The Houston Astros, in the midst of the Wild Card race, are being forced to play a series as the home team against the Cubs, in Milwaukee. Let me list the reason why this is unfair....

1. Houston is chasing the Brewers in the Wild Card. Half the city showed up to give the Cubs any advantage they can. Bud Selig's daughter owns the Brewers. Nepotism? Selig is obviously helping his daughter.

2. Miller Park is known as Wrigley North. It is one hour from Wrigley, and thousands of miles from Houston. This is the worst "neutral site" ever. The 8, 000 seat minor league park here in Corpus would have been better.

3. The Astros are about as far away from their families as can be after their homes were destroyed by a hurricane. Give me a break, Ameriquest in Arlington, which is four hours away (Still in Texas, this is a huge state) was open yesterday for a doubleheader. The plan is to play the last game of the series on September 29, so why not play two yesterday in Dallas?

4. The Zambrano no-hitter never would have happened anywhere else. He was so jacked up by the home crowd.

5. I hate the Cubs. Just thought I'd add that.

That's all well and good, but answer this: Where else would this series have been played? Both teams still have playoff implications on all their games so they have to be played. Its not as if they could just put them off for three days after the season ends. Zambrano was so on that I don't think the crowd was that involved with it, but they were to an extent. Also, its not like Selig causes the problem in the first palce that required the move in the first place.

No, but there is absolutely no excuse as to why the Astro's couldn't have played a home series some where remotely near where they should be playing. San Antonio, Dallas, Texas is one of the largest states in the union, I'm sure some stadium some where between Houston and Milwaukee would have been better suited to play at.

It's ridiculous and shows Seligs complete inability and his patheticness as a Commissioner. The guy is a hack, and a walking joke. If I'm the Astro's management, I'm pissed off at this point. Seriously, they thought this was a good idea to have the Astro's play a home series against the Cubs an Hours drive north of Wrigley?

Well, I won't call Bud a hack, as his administration implemented the wild card that make this series important. And I will agree that Bud didn't make the hurricane.

I will even agree with the people who are going to come on here and say, "If the Astros had payed better earlier....."

But here's my contention. It is what it is. At this point, today, the Astros, who are trailing 1-0, are two games out of the wild card. They are chasing the Brewers, who Selig used to own, and his daughter has a share in now. Too many coincidences. Selig needs the Cubs in the World Series to give him a legacy, and the Astros have owned them this year. So what better than to give the Cubs extra home games and hurt the Astros as much as possible?

They could have played in Arlington, Atlanta, any college or minor league stadium. Miller Park is the worst "neutral" site, EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back