• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I fucking hate it !

GSM

YOU RULED THE WORLD LONG ENOUGH !!!
I hate to disagree on ole Jimmy. But he is far from one of the greatest wrestling minds. He is one of the greatest MANAGERS of all times yes, but to say he is a great wrestling mind forget it!. Say what ever happened to Smokey Mountain? Didn't he just like drain that company? Hell he sucked as an announcer on WWE. Aside from being a manager the only good thing hes done as of late (in the past oh..5-6 years?) was being the law in TNA. He can cut a decent promo from time to time. But all in all Jim Cornette is a fat waste of space (hope Mark Madden enjoys that comment ;) ) Can't get over how fucking stupid Cornette is. ya can't make fun of someone's weight when your totally out of shape too!

That´s the post, it´s one of the worst I´ve seen so far, it´s not even his own opinion and that bothers me.

Just reading the article.

Madden is more relavant and more visable than Cornette? WOW. Also, Madden wants to say Cornette hasn't been relevant in 15 years? Tell me Mark, when were you relevant? Oh yeah I remember, the 6 months you were a bad comedy act on Nitro when it was dead in the water. Give me a break.

Yeah, if he knew ANYTHING about wrestling, he'd know that SMW was one of the best run indy promotions in the country or even of all time. Cornette has said more times than I can count that he screwed up the timing of it as all of wrestling was in trouble at that time. See what history lessons can teach you?

Oh he had that ... radio show and ... well I can´t think of anything at all, and he is being paid more than Cornette ? Very unlikely.

He has not had one. All I know is that he ran the 900 number for WCW and did some commentary before WCW got bought out by Vince. That seems to be the extent of his relevance in wrestling and now spends his time posting articles on Wrestlezone criticizing workers and the business that they work for without being what I would consider to be a credible source of information.

Jim Cornette, on the other hand, has been involved with the business since the flood. He has managed, booked, ran a territory and has been an entertaining on air personality for more then one organization. Jut as a quick example of the encyclopedia of wrestling that this man's mind is, Mick Foley recalls in his first autobiography that when he was in need of a finishing hold, he went to Cornette for his advice. Corny then went on to not only think up a move, but go over the mechanics of the hold with Mick and also filled him in on the history of the hold.

If I was going to pick someone to talk wrestling with, point to one person as to who has had the bigger impact, I am going with Jim Cornette. Madden has done approximately nothing as compared with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back