• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I Finally Played GTA IV...

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
How the fuck is this game universally acclaimed? Don't get me wrong...it's kind of fun and funny as shit in some parts (e.g., when the cab driver says he going home to blow up some heads and beat up the coochie), but I find it disturbing that critics and gamers find this game just as good as the likes of Bioshock and Resident Evil 5 and flat-out better than the likes of Yakuza 3, Dead Space 1 & 2, and Dead Rising.

This shit is not a masterpiece. Kudos to its creators for making such a detailed world...the gameplay's still meh and the storyline plays like something JKO would write.

Resident Evil 5 sucked compared to the rest.

Not only did GTA IV have a great story but it had some great graphics too. I love to randomly shoot people with my sniper. Sure the game wasn't as hard as Vice City but neither was San Andres. GTA is a great game but you have to be into the series. If you're not then the game might suck.

One time I played the game through with the subtitles on just to see what they were saying. They rarely say anything too interesting in Croatian.

I loved GTA IV. The story line got tired after I played it a few times, but I loved the open-world enviroment and never got tired of that. I thought the story in Ballad of Gay Tony was way better the original GTA IV storyline. Also, i'm in agreement that The Bank Job mission kicked major ass.

No no no no no. This game is amazing. Niko Bellic is probably the best video game character ever.

Niko Bellic's nothing more than Tony Montana crossed with the Russian from the Pine Barrens episode of The Sopranos. Two video game characters that I can name right off the bat that are much more compelling and complex are Andrew Ryan from Bioshock and Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza series.

Resident Evil 5 sucked compared to the rest.

Not only did GTA IV have a great story but it had some great graphics too. I love to randomly shoot people with my sniper. Sure the game wasn't as hard as Vice City but neither was San Andres. GTA is a great game but you have to be into the series. If you're not then the game might suck.

I don't see how anyone could be into this series. If you've played one of them, you've played them all. Also, how does Resident Evil 5 suck compared to the rest? The graphics and gameplay are amazing, it has a high replay value, and the storyline's just as detailed as any of the games preceding it.

I'm currently playing RE5. I've enjoyed it thus far.

As for GTA IV; much like all the prior GTA games, they're only fun long-term for wasting time running around stealing cars, and killing people. The music is decent when you're driving, but sooner or later you have to leave your car.

I spent the majority of the time playing GTA:SA trying to find a Semi truck and connect it with a flatbed. I have yet to find that in GTA IV, but I'm still looking.

Niko Bellic's nothing more than Tony Montana crossed with the Russian from the Pine Barrens episode of The Sopranos.

I disagree. Tony Montana is swallowed up in drugs and it makes him lose his mind, while Niko doesn't use drugs and, despite seeking bloodthirsty revenge, manages to keep his sanity. Additionally, Montana seems to have a complete lack of morality, and Niko is easily the most morally complex character in the GTA series.

I think Red Dead Redemption is the best video game I've ever played.

I loved RDR until the end. Where John gets killed. I just couldn't get into it after. I just was so attached to John Marston that it just felt weird to have Jack. No-Homo. The multiplayer was fun and the co-op missions were cool. But I stopped playing mp because my friends had moved on and I can't play games that aren't gears without my friends.

I didn't like that either, but that was the only part I didn't like. I'm pretty sure I ranted on that in two RDR threads on this site. I just thought it sucked that you got to know John and became attached to his character only to see him die, and then his son is supposed to be like, the exact same guy? The game play is still awesome though, and fighting through the gang hideouts is awesome. The multi-player is also fucking amazing.

All hype, nice looking graphics and online free mode...about it. Overall i liked Vice City and San Andreas way better, better humor from them as well. The story was weak and the games humor to political for me, Nico's rants were a tad annoying, the cover system is broken and the soundtrack sucked. I agree it is overrated, I think a lot of people agree it is as well. Saints Row The Third sounds way better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back