I can't be outdone by NSL..

Here's a preview of my long-awaited first show in my Book This! "The Battle of the Brands".

key_art_wwe_monday_night_raw-1.jpg

Live from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

About twenty minutes before the show goes on the air and while fans are still trickling in to the arena, the music of Jamie Noble hits and he comes out to a small pop. The Asian Redneck, Jimmy Wang Yang, comes out to the ring, dancing. The two talented cruiserweights kick off the event.

The Pitbull, Jamie Noble, ambushes Wang Yang and rains down on him, throwing rights and lefts in quick succession, not letting his opponent have an inch. The referee counts 1.... 2.... 3.... 4.... and Noble dismounts just before 5 to avoid disqualification. Jamie waits, staying behind Wang Yang as he gets to his feet. Jamie grabs Jimmy from behind and spins him around, attempting a cutter, but being pushed off and into the ropes. Noble bounces back and around to face his opponent and meets a dropkick that sends him tumbling through the middle rope and to the floor outside the ring.

Noble is up at the referee's two count, but rests, utilizing the entire count. He slides back in to the ring before being counted out. Wang Yang and Noble lock up for the first time in the match. Wang Yang overpowers the Pitbull and pushes him into the corner. Wang Yang does as the referee says, breaking the hold and stepping back. Noble takes advantage and pokes his opponent in the eye. Noble scrambles to the top rope and jumps off, nailing the half-blind Jimmy Wang Yang with a powerful crossbody. Noble goes for the first pin in the match and gets a short two count.

Jamie Noble pulls Wang Yang off of the mat and executes a perfect, high impact German suplex. Noble keeps the hold locked in and tries for the pin. 1.... 2.... and a kick-out. Jamie keeps a tight hold around the Asian Redneck's back and slides around so that he can throw his knees into his opponent's head. Noble keeps the hold locked in for a solid minute, throwing the occasional knee. When Wang Yang refuses to submit, Noble lets up just so that Wang Yang can make it to his feet.

The Pitbull then continues his ferocious assault. He pounds Jimmy Wang Yang in the corner and lifts him onto the top rope. Noble places Wang Yang on his shoulders and turns, throwing the Asian Redneck down with a devastating powerbomb. Instead of going for the cover, Noble goes to the top rope. He signals that this is the end, drawing some boos, some cheers. He leaps off, twisting and landing a senton bomb. Noble covers Wang Yang, who hasn't moved an inch since the powerbomb, and picks up an impressive win. The referee raises his hand in victory.

As the ring clears and the two superstars make their way backstage, the announcers, Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler make their way to the booth. Cole draws major heat from the Canadian crowd. Lilian is in the ring with a microphone. She welcomes everyone to the show, then sings The Star Spangled Banner, followed by 'O Canada'. The crowd shows their appreciation by clapping and hollering. "Marry me, Lillian!" is shouted above the rest. She just smiles and leaves the ring. A countdown appears on the titantron, counting down from ten to zero. The return edition of Monday Night R.A.W. is on the air.

[youtube]b4P0o27Chcc[/youtube]​

"Move to the Music" blasts throughout the jam-packed arena in Vancouver, Canada. Cameras fly over the excited fans who are on their feet, jumping, screaming and waving at the cameras. Kelly Kelly and Mickie James are shown at ringside, throwing tee-shirts into the crowd and giving high fives. Random signs are shown on screen, ranging from the simple "H.B.K." sign to more creative ones like "The Big Show ate my sign!". After a few more moments, the music fades out and fireworks explode from the stage. The pyro dies, then Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler welcome viewers to the show.

It's great. But paragraphing is important, and I hate reading a match that has almost 20 lines in the same paragraph.

I think I must be alone in this, but I hate reading (and writing) long matches. I go for to the point, overview and psychology of a match. My focus is storylines, but that's just me I guess.

Mine weren't really superb, and I admit that. Mainly because I wrote it all up on the spot and tried to keep everything in my head while keeping to my own rules that I must remain within the boundaaries of SvR.

I am planning to do a one off, of how "I" would have booked mania.

I obviously don't mind long matches. It looks good. Good luck, but don't let this take away from reading NSCW. ;)

I thought about using the current rosters, but don't want to run the risk of it getting stale because anyone that reads it can just turn on their TV and see the same guys in action.

I agree. The match gets more realistic & exciting the longer you make the actual match.

Reactions: OIL
I made it easier to read. Thanks for taking the time to read it and give feedback. It's much appreciated. I have the first promo, the opener of the show, done so far. I only started writing last night and I had homework so I wasn't able to get much done. I'd post the promo, just for feedback, as it was the hardest thing I've ever written for a wrestling show, but I want it to be a surprise. :) I'll write more tonight, tomorrow night, and hopefully have the show up Thursday before I leave for California.

Yeah that's much better man.

I just spend an hour writing the opening match for my pay per view. Writing fatal fourway ladder matches are very hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back