• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I’m convinced that Lady Gaga’s “Fame Monster” EP is her parodying/insulting Twilight.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let’s do a track-by-track breakdown of why this is so.

Track 1 - Bad Romance

This song is about Bella’s lust for Edward, taken from her perspective. It also contains the stealth insult “You and me could write a Bad Romance.”. Twilight is usually regarded as:
  • Bad
  • A romance
Solid evidence. Plus, we’ve all seen that picture where Stephanie Meyer says “LOL I ALREADY DID” in response to Lady Gaga’s singing of that particular line. The lyrics really make it seem like the singer (Bella) wants the forbidden “love” (riiiight) of Edward.

Continue on, it gets better.

Track 2 - Alejandro

I’m sure we’ve all seen the “Team Jacob/Team Edward” shipping wars. They’ve even made it to commercials, for God’s sakes! That’s what this song is about, Bella’s struggle to pick between the boys, and eventually picking EdCul.

Track 3 - Monster

Once again, Edward is the “Forbidden fruit”, the demon. This is where the album changes from a semi-straight telling, to a parody/satire/deconstruction. Obviously Twilight is supposedly about staying celibate and showing control, but that’s not what this album is about. Just like The Fame Monster is supposed to be the darker side of The Fame, it is also the darker side of Twilight, almost like what would happen if Twilight was even semi-realistic. If Edward and Bella were anything close to normal people as opposed to Mary Sues, they’d have rather a lot of rough and crazy sex. I mean, Edward’s apparently quite the unintentional charmer. And everyone warns Bella against associating with the vampires. Of course, like the dumb bitch she is she ignores all the people being nice to her and does it anyway.

Here is where I believe the album stops being even remotely chronological. As such, for the sake of sanity and understandability, I’m going to rearrange the remaining tracks to make more sense.

The album also gets darker and even more sarcastic, and more abstract in its stealth parody.

Track 6 - Telephone

This song could be the “odd one out” to the casual listener. Amidst all the darker songs, this silly and catchy song just does not seem to fit. However, if you look deeper, it is so much more. Twilight is vapid and stupid. The series is written at an immature level, and all the characters are shallow beyond belief. That’s what this song symbolizes. It has no real meaning besides “Stop calling me” (Or if you take Ms. Gaga’s explanation as fact, “Stop working and go have fun”). It is just as shallow as the characters in the Twilight series.

Track 8 - Teeth

This one’s obvious.

Track 5 - Dance in the Dark

It is pretty damn obvious that if Bella and Edward’s relationship were to ever occur in the real world, it would be fraught with problems. Both have serious mental issues, there’s a “Stalking=love” mentality, and Bella (supposedly) has bad self-esteem. The relationship is horrible and it’s only because of Meyer’s *ahem* “skill” as a writer that it is treated as healthy and fulfilling. This song shows exactly what will happen if people get into “Bella-and-Edward” relationships: Low self-esteem, crushing depression, and lots and lots of tears.

Track 4 - Speechless

And here we have the final chapter. After the most hellish relationship one can imagine, Bella chooses to end it all instead of finding someone who isn’t a creepy sparkling stalker that makes her feel like shit. This is a tragedy that happens all too often with teens in our world.

And there you have it. Lady Gaga’s tragic, blisteringly realistic version of the Twilight Saga. There’s only one song to explain left.

Track 7 - So Happy I could Die

Remember when I said the parody would be more abstract in some tracks? Well here it is. Word on the street is that this song is about Ms. Gaga fantasizing about herself. It’s common knowledge that Bella Swann is a Mary Sue of Stephanie Meyer herself. Perhaps she never *********ed to images of herself, but it is certainly wish-fulfillment..just like this song.

Alternatively, this song could be a joke on how much “tough stuff” is completely ignored in the Saga. For example, periods. And *********ion. Either interpretation works.

Lady Gaga is a genius.

The fact you know enough about Twilight to make these comparison is disturbing.

Dude! That was fucking hilarious.

Amazing work, seriously!

Dude.... I must admit..... That is frighteningly good.... But how the fuck do you know this much about Twilight.

Edit: Gaga= Very Good

Twilight = The crust on the left butt cheek

You can't make fun of something properly if you don't know anything about it. I fucking despise Twilight with a passion.

You can't make fun of something properly if you don't know anything about it. I fucking despise Twilight with a passion.

Very Much Nostalgia Critic-esque. Dude says he won't review anything DBZ, because he doesn't know about it.

I think what we all must know is, Have you read the books? Or is this a Sparknotes thing

Read the first one. Sparknotes'd the rest. You couldn't make me read those if you tried. The first few chapters of the first were bad enough.

First off, why the fuck are you bitching about moving somewhere...WHERE YOU CHOSE TO MOVE TO? For another, people were being all nice to the girl and she blew them off and hated everything and moaned and only had eyes for the fucking vampires who didn't care about her. If I had people treating me like they did her when I first moved here I would have been ecstatic!

Read the first one. Sparknotes'd the rest. You couldn't make me read those if you tried. The first few chapters of the first were bad enough.

First off, why the fuck are you bitching about moving somewhere...WHERE YOU CHOSE TO MOVE TO? For another, people were being all nice to the girl and she blew them off and hated everything and moaned and only had eyes for the fucking vampires who didn't care about her. If I had people treating me like they did her when I first moved here I would have been ecstatic!

Complete Trash, I agree. But I'm not sure Gaga cares that much for Meyer to make an entire EP on her hatred for her, even in a subconscious way. She may make sly jabs, but not an entire album, methinks

I know. This whole thing was a joke, written seriously because it made it funnier. I love overanalyzing things and using Insane Troll Logic. Hence why it was in the Bar Room instead of the Music section.

GEE TENTA WAY TO MAKE ME EXPLAIN THE JOKE :disappointed: ;)

I know. This whole thing was a joke, written seriously because it made it funnier. I love overanalyzing things and using Insane Troll Logic. Hence why it was in the Bar Room instead of the Music section.

GEE TENTA WAY TO MAKE ME EXPLAIN THE JOKE :disappointed: ;)

:lol:

I couldn't even name you the author of the Twilight series, I only know the name of the one vampire dude because of all the comparisons to Angel and Spike

Do you look like her? I think not.

:lol:

If i knew how to put this inna sig I'd do it right now.
facepalm.gif
The same way you posted the quote.

I watched the Telephone video. I don't know how she hides her dick so tight in those outfits, because I can see the man in her face. She has one hell of a voice, but she is just to pop style for me to like her. She reminds me of all of those people like Miley and N'Sync. Only weirder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back