• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much would WWE benefit from changing the look of their product?

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
The titantron, the way they light the audience, the way they dress their backstage sets, all of it feels tired and stale. I don't say this to get on WWE for no reason. I enjoy a fair portion of their product these days. But at the same time, I associate the look of their show with a lot of boring, lifeless content. It's been branded as the look of a less-than-fantastic era in my mind. And it's occurred to me that part of what makes NXT so fresh and vibrant isn't just the booking or the talent, but also the presentation. It's unlike anything else we see in the WWE. We aren't associating it with bad times. It's new and full of promise.

Frankly, I long to tune into a Raw where the presentation sets the mood for something new and fresh. There are a lot of things WWE can do to improve its product. A LOT. But I think this is a big one.

Does anyone else share this feeling or am I nitpicking?

I think it would help a ton if they went back to having different sets for each show. Granted, they have like 7 shows now, but that would go a long way to helping the set stay fresh longer.

The "offices" of authority figures might be the most laughable part of their presentation. They couldn't look phonier.

I read a report earlier that ADR isn't going to get the rental cars back because the gimmick is too obviously fake. Doesn't even sound like the same company that puts those "offices" together every week.

Think how excited people get with MSG shows.

Lots. I mean I don't have much to say other than take a ganders at the evolution of the look of the WWE product over a five year period from 1986-1991, 1992-1997 & 1998-2003. Then look at 2004-present and it looks the same with the exception of monthly Pay-Per-Views where the sets are all the same.

Not much to add except I agree wholeheartedly. They gave the set a minor facelift on Raw 1000, but it needs major reconstructive surgery.

I think it would help immensely if Raw and Smackdown looked and felt differently.

We're supposed to believe they're separate shows, but they look pretty much the exact same. I've been talking about the idea of a different executive producer for Raw and Smackdown (not fucking Kevin Dunn) for a while to friends.

You know what, fuck it. Just fire Kevin Dunn. It's about the only thing Jim Cornette and I will ever agree on

Is it just me or is Justin Roberts the worst ring announcer ever?

images

Seriously, Bryan should've finished the job that night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back